Booking multiple guarantee cabins

Palomino

We will need to book about 5 cabins for our group that will be traveling next year. If we book guarantee cabins and cross-reference the bookings, will Carnival give us cabins that are close together? What are the chances of this happening/not happening?

From my experience of doing this exact same thing last year was that they try but not everyone is "next door or across the hall" from each other.

Some cabins may be next door, a couple of other down the hall, and another in the same area but 1 deck above or below.

We booked 8 cabins as a quarantee- first cruise.

We were told that Carnival will dow hat they can to keep us together- We were all over the main deck- 2 cabins were upgraded to oceanviews in the front of the ship side by side. The rest of us were scattered throughout the floor. Not a problem and actually was better for us i think.

Just make sure your booking agent understands that all your bookings must be "linked" together. That way, the cabins should be in the same general area. Hopefully, the tables in the dining room will be next to each other, as well.

Take along some sticky "Post-It" Notes...they are great for leaving notes on all of the cabins when you want to coordinate your activities.

We booked two "guarantee" cabins this summer on the Paradise and were lucky enough to be in adjacent cabins. (But even so the sticky notes came in handy!!)

i was Guaranteed by a carnival agent and my TA on a 3 way call that our rooms would be linked and would at least be all on the same deck...as this was a big deal for us. well wouldnt you know...when we got there, we had 5 rooms on 4 different decks ranging from deck 5 to deck 8...how convienient....so i went straight to the pursers desk, to which i was told the ship was full, sorry no room changes....great....so after complaining and telling them about carnivals supposed guarantee that we would be on the same deck....they decided that we needed some compensation...every room got a six pack of coke....wow...a six pack...what customer relations....so to make a long story short...that sucked :mad: ...but im still sailing carnival!! i try not to let one bad experience spoil my whole vacation.

I don't see how they could guarantee you anything, unless they went ahead and booked your cabin assignments right then. Supposedly, the only thing you are guaranteed is that you will get a cabin in (at the minimum) the category you booked. For us, though, out of four cruises that we booked several guarantee cabins, we were all side by side and/or across the hall from each other on three of those cruises. For the fourth one, we were all in the same area, just not right next to each other. We always have our bookings linked, but I'm more concerned with being seated together in the dining room, than having our rooms right next to each other.

I don't see how they could guarantee you anything, unless they went ahead and booked your cabin assignments right then. Supposedly, the only thing you are guaranteed is that you will get a cabin in (at the minimum) the category you booked.

yes you are guaranteed the minimum that you book...but when rooms are linked together...one room does not get upgraded unless they all do..to the same category, which in turn is the same deck..that is what the carnival rep told me on the phone..we ended up upgraded to different categories..which in turn was on different decks...so yes if the linking system would have worked like they said...they could guarantee us to be on the same deck.

but when rooms are linked together...one room does not get upgraded unless they all do..to the same category, which in turn is the same deck..that is what the carnival rep told me on the phone..

That is so a not very true statment. On our first cruise we booked 8 inside cabins. Only 2 were upgrade to oceanview. They all had at least 4 in a cabin. ( I had 5) I cant figure out why 2 got upgraded and the rest didnt. Only figured because they paid off the cruise earlier then we did.

They link your cabins together so you can get the same dining together.

Talk to a good travel agent. They are paid by the cruise lines don't cost you anything and can save you much $$. Deposit schedules are easier on the budget. A group is usually 8 cabins, who knows, maybe when you start talking up your cruise some friends, relatives or neighbors could want to go as well. If you can't use all eight cabins sometimes travel agents can assist with filling the other cabins. We have always had good luck with proximity of cabins and upgrades.

Good luck.

This was our personal experience. Our family all booked separately, but had our bookings linked. Three cabins were OV GTY's, one 6B GTY. We have all been upgraded to a 6E, next door to each other, without any special requests. We are very pleased.:D

Sunnye

We booked 8 cabins. 6 8A GTYs, and 2 6A GTYs.

For the 8A's, 5 cabins ended up on deck 8 in 8I's and G's all over, but some were close together, none were side by side. We were all very happy on deck 8.

1 ended up on deck 6.

The 2 6A's were on deck 4.

At least I got my group leader perks out of it.

• 4 weeks later...

As you can see from the different experiences of the other posters, nothing is for sure except that you will at least get the category you paid for. Carnival will try, but, depending how the assigned cabins are selling, it might not be possible for your cabins to be together. We are sailing with friends next year. I reserved 2 assigned cabins for my family because it is very important, for me, that we are side by side. However, if my friends decide to book guarantees and hope for upgrades, I know that we'll be able to meet very easily anyway. Your dining assignments, provided everyone asked for the same dining time, will be linked so dinner should work out just fine. Be sure to double check everyone's dining assignment as soon as you get your sail and sign cards.

I was told (by a PVP) they would link the cabins together and try to get them close to one another, at least on the same floor.................... not true?

Please understand that there is no such thing as linking "cabins" together, you link bookings together as others on the thread have mentioned. When you book a guarantee you roll the dice. Your cabins can be just about anywhere on the ship. Does Carnival try to keep them close? Yes, but everything has a relative priority and keeping linked bookings together is absolutely *NOT* on the top of the priorities.

If you want cabins together, book specific cabins.

Archived