Bruno In Raiatea

kakalina

Think about buying the cd/dvd that Bruno makes for you--you are the STAR--the pictures are wonderful--he brings them back to the ship during the evening--the pictures are only of you on land and underwzater etc.--follow Bruno through the Gardens--he taking pictures all the time and feeding the fish--go through with him--makes your drift snorkle much better

Nancy:D

Thanks Nancy,

I was just thinking whether I should get it or not. I really want to preserve this trip (even it if is costly or cheezy) because well..it's our first real trip together. Sort of a first of firsts this year. We bought a home together after 3 yrs (still not married), in debt together, and now our first cruise and our first vacation together.

Even if some of the photos are part of his photo stock, if it's better than any of my underwater pics..then it'll be fine.

How does he get aboard or how did you get notified that he was there?

Thanks Nancy,

I was just thinking whether I should get it or not. I really want to preserve this trip (even it if is costly or cheezy) because well..it's our first real trip together. Sort of a first of firsts this year. We bought a home together after 3 yrs (still not married), in debt together, and now our first cruise and our first vacation together.

Even if some of the photos are part of his photo stock, if it's better than any of my underwater pics..then it'll be fine.

How does he get aboard or how did you get notified that he was there?

I think the cd/dvd or whatever it is--costs about $30 USD--I think he must go home after he leave you off and does whatever it takes to make it for you and then returns to the ship with them--remember that we stay the night at Raitaia--Guess the room steward brings it to your room the next day--or you go to the pursars desk and ask--Knowing John I'm sure he went to find it that night-he had it made into photos after wse came back--the guy at CVS couldn't believe what great pictures there were.

Of course John didn't let him know how they happened between stock and the ones that were taken that day--the photo guy was really interested in the camera that John used--Actually John contacted Bruno after the trip to find out what camera he should buy--at a reasonable price.

When is your cruise--if I already know--humor me and tell me again--

• 2 weeks later...

We went with Bruno last week. It was fantastic! I can highly recommend the day spent with him. The vanilla farm, pearl farm (yes, the pearls there were amazing the French couple who run it as producers accept VISA), the lunch and, most of all, the drift snorkel made for a wonderful day.

We prepaid via PayPal - it was easy - and Bruno provided everything he promised. He is very efficient and does send email replies propmtly. The Shell pickup spot is a simple walk from the ship (you can see it from the open deck). Unlike ship tours which load up too many people with guides hustling you along, Bruno limits the size of group. Several passengers showed up without a reservation and were turned away despite begging.

One draw back is that he has a French accent and his boat speakers make it difficult to hear when you are roaring along the lagoon. If you know that quirk in advance, just roll with it and enjoy the tour. He explains everything in detail and is pleasant and patient with guests even if one (like me) pesters him with many questions.

All in all, a great time and one of the highlights of our cruise.

We went with Bruno last week. It was fantastic! I can highly recommend the day spent with him. The vanilla farm, pearl farm (yes, the pearls there were amazing the French couple who run it as producers accept VISA), the lunch and, most of all, the drift snorkel made for a wonderful day.

We prepaid via PayPal - it was easy - and Bruno provided everything he promised. He is very efficient and does send email replies propmtly. The Shell pickup spot is a simple walk from the ship (you can see it from the open deck). Unlike ship tours which load up too many people with guides hustling you along, Bruno limits the size of group. Several passengers showed up without a reservation and were turned away despite begging.

One draw back is that he has a French accent and his boat speakers make it difficult to hear when you are roaring along the lagoon. If you know that quirk in advance, just roll with it and enjoy the tour. He explains everything in detail and is pleasant and patient with guests even if one (like me) pesters him with many questions.

Thanks Wristband, great to know, we are booked in June and very excited!!:)

Chez

xx

We enjoyed our tour with Bruno, it ranked 3rd, behind Patrick( Maohi Nui) on Bora Bora and Marc's on Raiatea. He was waiting for us right on time. I enjoyed this pearl farm, the owner is very nice, and has an amazing selection of pearls. I wish I would have been able to invest in some there, definitely the nicest we have seen. The vanilla farm was nice to visit but their beans were overpriced, you can buy them at the grocery in Raiatea for less. Lunch was served at the lagoonarium, it was good, nothing outstanding. The coral gardens were great, Bruno takes his groups up on the opposite side of the pass than the Princess tour does. The path through the coral is not as well defined, but the current is calmer. Several of us stayed back near the boat and snorkeled, I snorkeled up the pass a ways, and saw lots of neat stuff! the hilight for me was the gobi guarding the hole that the pistle shrimp was cleaning out, it kept me entertained for quite awhile! I would recommed this, Bruno is a very nice man. He is difficult to understand, but that didn't make the trip any less fun.

This was mentioned in an another post...we are going to be in Bora Bora on a cruise and are interested in an independent tour---particularly scuba diving and visiting WWII sites. Does Damien do this? Does anyone have his website?

Damien does not offer a 4x4, does not go to the gun battery, does not do lunch. I don't believe he offers scuba diving but email him: http://www.boraboraphotolagoon.com.

He does offer an interesting and informative morning and afternoon tours (you can combine the two together or do one only) in his boat that is at the tender dock. If you ask at the tender dock, he often sets up a table by the various pearl shops. He also answers emails quickly.

I was pleased with our morning with Damien and thought he did a very good job explaining the reef and taking you around on his small boat giving you an overview of the ecology of the lagoon. His enthusiasm is infectious. If you have no interest in how the reef was formed and the evolution of the island, then Damien is probably not for you. He is well-spoken and knowledgeable and lacks the hub-bub rush of the ship tours (only 8 on his tour).

Depending on the am or pm tour, he goes to different snorkel spots which he is happy to snorkel with you and show you various items.

On the day we went, the weather was terrible - not his fault. Though the lagoon was choppy and it rained, Damien he found an inlet to snorkle in more restful waters.

Did you get your personal dvd from Bruno--it was the greatest--what photos--we'll do it again this time--he was great in emailing with John about buying a sall underwater camera--just a great day--really glad he'll take no more than 12

Did you get your personal dvd from Bruno--it was the greatest--what photos--we'll do it again this time--he was great in emailing with John about buying a sall underwater camera--just a great day--really glad he'll take no more than 12

Nancy,

did you pay him before hand or when he gave it to you at the Ship before sailing?

Nancy,

did you pay him before hand or when he gave it to you at the Ship before sailing?

He doesn't make them until he drops you off at the dock and then comes back with them in the night--I think that we paid for them when we met at the Shell staion in the morning--I'm sure he would only be taking pictures of those who were buying the cc/dvd--if you go with him in the Coral Gardens--swim with him--he's feeding the fish--so they are all around you--people behind and to the side don't have that advantage--then the pictures of yours are really great with all the fist!!--John took his over to CVS to make soime pics--the photo guy couldn't believe how good they were--don't think that John admitted that he didn't take them himself--he'll be taking pictures of you throughout the day--gotta buy it--you are the stsar

Archived