Carnival Liberty

Vicar

on the earlier sailings you might find some families, which means some kids on board. now mind you, if mom and dad are going to shell out fiull fare for the kiddies I would like to assume they would be more in the well behaved group, likewise with the adults. I wouldn't expect the average rowdy partier, read 20 somethings, to afford this cruise, therefore I would really expect this group of people to be 40ish and over. not that we don't like to have fun now........ but its not the falling down drunk kind of fun......lol....... I'm glad those days are over for me myself. on the crossing saling, 16 days worth, I would be suprised to see many kids at all if any. this sounds like the perfect cruise to me. I still havent booked it but am going to call my pvp today when he gets in. happy cruising all.

Ken56

I know the 16 day crossing just sounds so great.

We have plans with two other couples to cruise next year, but were just planning a 7 day thing possibly the Pride to the Mex Riv, but this came along and we are gonna see if we can talk them into joining us on this one

I just booked the crossing.............10/24/05. I haven't been this excited about a cruise in a long time......... our last 9 cruises have been caribbean with friends along. looks like its going to be just me and the dear wife this time. I booked with the air add on from Detroit.......total for 2...... 3928.70. plus you get a 200 $$ ship board credit. so who else is on this one ?

HI all, I booked an inside gauranty. and I was 1 dollar off......3929.70 with air from Detroit.......I booked directly thru carnival. I usually do all my own arrangements but for this one I want the comfort of knowing that I wont be the one to screw things up if that happens......... international flights I have never booked before not that it should be any different than domestic flights but I just didnt trust myself to do this one. I dont want the worry. I wish we could go a few days early too but the wife is pushing it to get the 16 days off in the first place. I dont have any problem getting that kind of time off but she does. we arn't retired as yet...... lol. I have started posting on the roll call board for this also so anyone who is going or thinking of going on this cruise should check in there and meet everyone. happy cruising all

Ken56

That is a really great price. Talked to my better half about it last night and she is really up for it too.

we are having dinner on Friday night with our best friends , another couple we have cruised with before and we are going to show this to them and see what they think, and if they want to join us, otherwise I think the two of us will just go ourselvesif they don't.

*LOL* I know what you mean about booking international flights. I feel better letting someone else book it, The time differences can be tricky if you don't do it all the time. Whos 8 hours ahead, Whos 6 hours behind , we are leaving on the 20th but we don't get there til the 21st, or vice versa.

just better to leave it up to the people who can tell time *LOL*

Have the brochures and am booking on the inaugural sailing - totally excited about it! Just also wanted to alert [URL=http://www.carnival.com/cms/static_templates/promos/pg_european_cruise.aspx]past Carnival guests about an onboard credit deal on the Carnival website click here[/URL]. I'm even luckier my TA got a deal that includes $100 onboard credit for booking with her - I got great price $2173 per person including port charges & taxes for an 8B plus $300 total onboard credit - YAHOOOOOO!!!!!! Oh yeah! Looking forward to this one!

Vinnie

Hi Ken 56 and others! We are also booked on the 10/24/05 transatlantic crossing of the Liberty. We haven't booked air as yet, nor the hotel in Rome as we will go a little early. I tired to check out rates, but cannot do it this far ahead of time. I understand that it is tricky to get the train from Rome to Citavecchia and that it is also difficult to get a taxi for the approx. 2-mile ride to the port. There is a free shuttle once we get to the port to the ship. Would love to know where everyone is staying in Rome. We have never been to Rome, Spain, or Portugal so any input from these boards would be helpful! We have booked a balcony on the 6th deck-port side at a very good price for a 16 day cruise with $400 on board credit, it amounts to $1200 each.
I guess that is a good price? Looking forward to sharing info and news with you all. Becky & Wayne from Houston, Texas

We are booked for the Septermber 6 cruise and are very excited. We are trying to get our daughter and son-in-law to join us. Would love to share info with anyone else going on this date. We have booked a tour with Claudio for the Amalfi coast and would be interested in other tours with other folks. I tried to start a roll call but didn't get any takers. Probably too early. Going to Rome a few days early to re-explore. We did a land tour in 1997 and we are really looking forward to going back. Would like to get info on hotels, etc. from others.

Pam

I am getting ready to book this cruise! I would like to sail on the October 12th sailing, but did somebody mention that there aren't many cabins available? Wow, I better get cracking on this then! I am just weary of booking so early because so many things can come up between now and then. I know I posted this question on another realted thread, but how much would I have to put down for the inital deposit? and then how long until I pay the balance? How far in advance would I have to cancel to receive a full refund if I couldn't make the trip? Should I just call Carnival on this?

congrats little........and dont worry about booking so far in advance. you can always cancel if something really important comes up. this is the first time I have booked this far out too........ but now we have the anticipation to deal with. just be happy you got a spot reserved.

My Fiance just booked the 10/24/05 crossing.

We have been talking abouit this one ever since I got the brochure and then I told her about some of the prices you guys have been getting here.

So she went ahead and booked it.

I too have never booked a trip this far in advance, but definately can't wait for this one. :) :) :)

I called Carnival last night and got the exact prices for both itineraries booking for an inside passage (would prefer to have a balcony ;-) For the 12 day sailing for either the 6th or 8th of September it is: $1399 (includes port charges) pp plus $48.07 federal tax pp. You have to pay $400 down pp and balance due July 5th. For the 16 day itinerary inside cabin it is: $1164.55 pp and this includes all charges except tips and this is for a Category 4A on the Riveria deck. If you want insurance it is $169 pp for adults. This does not include airfare as I think I can get a better price elsewhere and we are going to be going a few days early anyway. I hope this info helps.

Whoopie - I am so glad that I did it and didn't wait. I booked an 8C balcony for $1900 a person including $200 onboard credit - so $1700 each. You can't beat that for 12 nights on a brand spanking new ship going to 4 different countries - try getting a land based package for that amount! Plus in October you can find pretty decent airfare from the East Coast. For 2 people, less than $5,000 for an all inclusive (more or less) 12 day European vacation, you can't go wrong.
Now I just have to get through the next 13 months!!!!! At least waiting for the last 12 day cruise, it will give the crew time to adjust and work all the kinks out.
Who else is on this cruise??????????

We just booked the Oct 24 16 day trip.

Just couldn't say no at that price. ($1200 and change/pp after the shipboard credit)

We haven't booked air yet either because I am sure we will fly in a few days early. But we just wanted to jump on this . We'll book air after we find a nice hotel in Rome.

:) :) :) :)

Archived