Carnival Liberty

Vicar

I just received a brouchure in the mail last night advertising the Liberty.

The 12 day Rome-Rome itinerary, and the 16 day Rome- FLL route.

Has anyone received this brouchure, or are considering one of these trips?

They seem like beautiful trips, and I have been on the Conquest, so I know I will love the Liberty, which is the same class ship.

The prices didn't seem too bad. Of course that was just the brouchure price and I haven't even looked into air fare yet.

But it is definately something to look into. :)

we are considering this also....the 16 day crossing.........great price on the inside room of 1099 pp but probably need to add taxes onto that. air fare will run about 350 to 500 to rome though there may be a cheaper flight out there if your diligent about watching for them. now then you add in all the shore tour costs....... fun money costs ....... and WOW !! it adds up real fast but if you can control yourself somewhat and keep the costs down then I think its a great value and opportunity to do a mediterranean cruise. I am so tempted to put a deposit on this one. can always cancel it if things dont look good to go. happy cruising all

My husband and I are booked on the trans-atlanctic cruise. We are very excited. We had been thinking about a panama canal cruise when we got the email from carnival, and decided this would be a great trip for us. Have only been on carnival once before, on the Conquest last May. I am really looking forward to the 16 days as we've only done 7 day cruises so far. Also all 4 of our cruises have been Caribbean.

Yea I was thinking the the same thing.

Very good opportunity to see the Med. I have been to Spain and Italy on land based vacations , but would love to go again on a cruise. All my cruises have been Caribeean too.

Just a good opportunity to go someplace different.

We are booked on the 9/18/05 trip. I think it's going to be great, especially the overnight stay in Venice. Carnival is running a special now for past guests. We got $300 off of our fare and a $200 cabin credit which was great.

Linda

Liberty 9/05

Glory 6/04

Conquest 6/03

Including airfare??

I don't thing these prices include airfare.

I have to agree that the transatlantic looks very tempting to us. We were considering the Brilliance of the Seas from Barcellona next year -- the same timeframe. If the airfare is about the same, we may consider going on Carnival's brand new ship.

Guest Crazeecat5

My DH and I are booked on the Aug.1st cruise. We are on the second trip so hopefully, some of the "kinks" will be ironed out. Just think, a brand new ship, 12 glorious days on the Med, what more can anyone ask for?

Sheryl

No, it does not include airfare. I called Carnival and got a better deal including airfare than what was posted. The only thing that I was disappointed with They don't have a precruise package. Though they do have a postcruise package. Maybe, Carnival will have one as the cruise draws nearer.

Be aware that exchange rates are not good for the Euro. Today's exchange rate is:

Thursday, September 9, 2004

1 US Dollar = 0.82088 Euro

1 Euro (EUR) = 1.21820 US Dollar (USD)

Something to keep in mind if you plan on booking your own shore excursions or do any local shopping. Hopefully the dollar will strengthen by the time they start cruising. This is the reason that a lot of Europeans are vacationing in the USA. For every 100 euros they get an "extra" $22. It wasn't too many years ago that it was cheaper to go to Europe than vacation in the US. What goes around comes around.

The brochures are beautiful- beautiful enough to cause me to switch from the Caribbean Princess to Carnival Liberty's August 25th sailing! I heard Caribbean Princess had too many cabins anyway. :)

The ship seems like she'll be nice, the public areas sound elegant- hopefully Farcus isn't planning something especially over the top for her, I'm on that sucker for the longest cruise I'll be taking so far, and I was bothered by a 3 hour tour of Carnival Legend! Urns, Urns, Everywhere and not a drop of class!

I've already thoroughly scanned over her deck plan, she seems to have some nice features and a workable layout. Sounds like a real dream cruise to me- I've been waiting to see Europe...:)

Randomusername 723

The Liberty is a Conquest class ship and having been on the Conquest, I know they are beautiful ships , so I wouldn't hesitate taking another one. The theme of the Conquest is Impressionist painters, and the artwork throughout the ship is beautiful. I would think that Carnival would do something even more special for a European cruise ship.

I have a tentitive plans for the Pride next November , but this Brochure has me thinking :)

I think some people don't realize that you can have fun in Europe just playing "tourist" for almost nothing. You can wander and look and have a good time. You can also plan your trip ahead of time and figure out the cheaper way to do it. I don't know if it's allowed to say this but check our Rick Steve's web site or shows on PBS. He has great advice on places to see and you can't go wrong, usually. We went to Europe in the past, never had a reservation and always managed to find a good, clean, cheap place to stay and had a great time. The hotel this time is already taken care of and your food. We even met one of the guys from his show and he wanted to know if we had a problem with reservations and we told him we did what Rick Steve's said, just show up and ask around. He looked kind of goofy and said, you mean that actually works?

Linda

Liberty 9/18/05

Glory 6/04

Conquest 6/03

smceown

I contacted Carnival by phone, and will continue to do so for all our upcoming cruises. Haven't received a brochure as of yet. Learned of the european cruises on the Carnival site(specials/past guest). Post cruise package is in Fort Lauderdale, which we didn't care for.

My husband and I are very seriously thinking of booking this cruise. We've never sailed with Carnival, but the itinerary (and price) is good great, it's hard not to do it. Let me have your feelings about Carnival in general, we've been on Princess, Celebrity. Oceania, and Royal Caribbean. Thanks

Betty Lu

I have been on 3 Carnival cruises and loved everyone of them. The ships are beautiful, the food was excellent and the staff was great. They truly are the Fun ships.

I guess years ago they were known as the party boats with all kinds of drunken rowdiness going on, but they have really cleaned up their act.

Granted like any line there will be those kinds of people exhibiting that kind of behavior, and at spring break and school vacation times, anyline can get over run with rowdies . But Carnival is certainly not the ships of debauchery other cruise line boards like to make them out to be.

What you will find are people having fun. Its a much more casual atmosphere than some of the lines,

The Liberty is a Conquest class ship, the largest class in their fleet. Having been on The Conquest, I can say although very big, they are beautiful ships, and although maybe bigger than some of the ships you may have been on they are pretty easy to find your way around.

IMO I think you will enjoy the Liberty.

plus I would not imagine a 12 or 16 day European cruise being too over run with kids or spring breakers. That is usually on the shorter Caribbean cruises.

Hope I have answered your questions :)

ENJOY!!:)

Vicar, thanks for telling me that- but I did already at least some. I know for a fact that Carnival Liberty is a Carnival Conquest ship, and her other sisters are Carnival Glory and Carnival Valor. I have heard "through the grape vine" that Carnival Conquest is beautiful- perhaps the best in Carnival's fleet! However, some of Farcus's more recent works have me worried. Carnival Legend, the Costa Mediterranea, and a small number of others aren't exactly pleasent imho. The theme of the ship sounds good and Farcus has done some great stuff so I'm not too worried. By the way, according to the brochure- if you've read it word for word yet- :D it says that the Liberty's theme is sculptors who work with precious metals- or something like that. Seems a bit specific if you ask me, but it sounds impressive! :)

Randomuser

Yes I saw that about the sculptors. It would be intersting to see what kind of pieces they have onboard.

Actually my last post was answering some questions Betty Lu had , She was considering The Liberty , but has never been on Carnival.

but I hope I was a little helpful to you too.

:)

Archived