Carnival Liberty

Vicar

Valmouse-we paid $2400.0 for both of us including port charges but that was including a 25% discount letter from Carnival we used. So it was more like $3200. Even for $3200.00 for a balcony on Lido, that's great for 16 days.

Hubby is going back to our TA to see if we can get the $200 ship board credit.

Perceptual Therapist - no more deal like you received. Our TA at Carnival search all sailings and the last of the $200 credit is on September 6th and Inside. We booked just for the sake of it and will be watching and checking for a better deal. He already said he would transfer the booking if we did better. Also, with Carnival if a better deal for a balcony surfaces, you can always bump up.

Whatever, we are glad we are booked. We are doing a land tour previous so will be coming from Rome just like everyone else. Probably see about a taxi to the train station, taxi to the ship and Voila! -- we are ready.

Happy Cruisin'

CONGRATS! You will be back before we go, so you will be the experts! Any hints will be greatly appreciated. I found a $493. one-way (based on roundtrip) from Lufthansia. We use a broker for our air tickets, so if he can sell the return, we will able to fly to Rome for $493. Sounds good to me! becky

• 2 weeks later...
Wayne and Becky write:::QUOTEI did a little research again today for cheap fares to Rome (Leonardo Di Vinci Airport) and found fares for an unbelievable $393. for THIS Oct. at 1-800-flyeurope (non-stop from Houston to Rome). It is too early to book with them, but they indicated that 10-12 months in advance was great.END QUOTE

Hi Becky and Wayne - we are booked on the 9/6 cruise and felt, like you, that we could get our own airfare at better rates - I have no experience with flyeurope but am sure going to try them
in another month or so. The fares I get now are running 1065 to 1600 per person - we are six - son, DIL, and 3& 5 yr old plus hubby and me......$6000 is a lot of money just to get there, so we will keep shopping - keep me posted on your fares when you get em and where - I will do the same.....happy sails to you..

Archived