Favorite Skin Care Products

FundyGirl

I used to use expensive stuff, especially Clinique, until I read "Don't go to the Cosmetics Counter Without This Book" (I think that's the title). Now I use cheaper stuff.

I use Proactiv, though for breakouts and it also controls my rosacea. I love their new green tea moisturizer too.

I use Bare Minerals for basic makeup.

The other stuff (lips, shadows, mascara) are cheap, cheap, cheap.

I watched the Ageless video and found it interesting, until it got to the part about making money off the line. Another Amway company? I'm always a bit skeptical about companies that are trying to get you to sign up to make ______$ in a short amount of time. If you look at the list of videos by the same guy, he's got testimonial money making videos.

Reading this thread, everyone has different experiences with product. There are some things listed that are a disaster for me, especially the ProActive line. We found the stuff to be harsh, drying and not very effective at all. My sons acne was better treated by Murad, my daughter had to take an opposite approach and treat her dry skin using gentle cleansers, with a topical antibiotic gel for the breakout areas.

I always read and see how extraordinary exfoliation is and have tried it several times with different product samples, none with positive results. My skin is just too sensitive to be scraping away at it, I don't even use a wash cloth on my face and only pat dry with a towel, never rub.

I'd love to use expensive creams, but I have to be realistic and live within my budget. Sometimes I wish I had back all the $$$ I've spent on product that just didn't work :rolleyes:

I watched the Ageless video and found it interesting, until it got to the part about making money off the line. Another Amway company? I'm always a bit skeptical about companies that are trying to get you to sign up to make ______$ in a short amount of time. If you look at the list of videos by the same guy, he's got testimonial money making videos.

Reading this thread, everyone has different experiences with product. There are some things listed that are a disaster for me, especially the ProActive line. We found the stuff to be harsh, drying and not very effective at all. My sons acne was better treated by Murad, my daughter had to take an opposite approach and treat her dry skin using gentle cleansers, with a topical antibiotic gel for the breakout areas.

I always read and see how extraordinary exfoliation is and have tried it several times with different product samples, none with positive results. My skin is just too sensitive to be scraping away at it, I don't even use a wash cloth on my face and only pat dry with a towel, never rub.

I'd love to use expensive creams, but I have to be realistic and live within my budget. Sometimes I wish I had back all the $$$ I've spent on product that just didn't work :rolleyes:

If you'll check out that book I mentioned, you'll find that in most cases, the expensive stuff is not any better than the cheap stuff. Often it is made by the same companies with just different packaging.

Ageless is sold through a network of distributors, as I believe are two of the most popular lines mentioned on this thread, Mary Kay and Arbonne.

I personally don't have a problem with this, as how it is marketed does not affect the quality nor the efficacy of the product.

I do know that it is relatively inexpensive compared to other lines and that I am getting good results from it. For this, I am happy that some pre-conceived notion of network marketing did not stop me from trying it.

Archived