Favorite Skin Care Products

FundyGirl

Arbonne. Great stuff. It's a bit pricey but the amount used is so small it's actually quite cost effective. I saw a difference within a few days. Skin looks and feels better. Wrinkles around the eyes are much less noticeable.

Mary Kay is also very good but I'd rank it second the the Arbonne.

My skin is extremely sensitive and I have a little acne rosacea on my cheeks and chin, so I have to be very careful. Anything with fragrance irritates my skin and it will burn for several days, even with immediate removal. That in itself eliminates many products, as most people will choose a product for the fragrance.... so manufacturers add fragrance to most stuff :rolleyes: .

I use Dermalogica Special Cleansing gel at night, to remove any makeup and dirt/oil from the day. I use a very mild Clinique moisturizer afterward, I don't remember the name, but it is a gel with no oil. In the morning I use Cetaphil, since I don't have to worry about dirt/oil/makeup. I use Clinque Superdefense, the only thing with SPF that I've found my skin can tolerate.

I only use tepid water, hot water makes my skin red and makes it feel tight and dry. I don't scrub or exfoliate my skin, that is irritating to it as well. I've found that my rosacea is under control enough so that I can go without using any foundation during the day (also an irritant), sometimes I use a bit of powder.

Everyones skin is unique, what works for me may be a disaster for you. I have learned, though that many times breakouts are caused by irritating the skin, not necessarily by oily skin.

I also have rosacea, and I wash my face with Neutrogena fragrance free dry skin soap in the evening only. Believe it or not, the best moisturizer I've found--and it's not specifically for the face--is Eucerin Calming Creme. I use it at least twice a day. For any make-up that touches my face--powder, foundation, eye shadow etc.-- I use Clinique. Every time I try something else I itch. I often get an itchy rash on my neck in winter, and the best thing I've found for that in Noxema or if it gets really bad, I use Calamine lotion. It smells bad, but when I'm really itchy it does the trick.

Another vote for Arbonne! I like it so much that I'm selling the stuff now!

I have rosacea and the NutriMinC line has made an enormous difference in the redness I experience. After using these products for about 7 months I went to a new dermatologist. After her examination of my skin she commented that I am lucky to have no rosacea. :) My sister, who has a really bad case of rosacea looks dramatically better.

Another positive - my workmate also has noted that the fine lines around my eyes are much less noticable.

Oh - the Intelligence Hand Cream is just excellent. It isn't greasy, so I can use it at work without getting gunk all over the keyboard.

I have wonderful, yet sensative skin, and get "used" to something and have to switch. SOOO right now...Philosophy. It took me a few months to really get used to it and figure out what products worked and didn't for me, but the purity face wash, and their hope in a jar moisturizer are a dream for me!!!!

I have just started Arbonne!! Its wonderfull and it has a fruity smell to it!! I don't know if its the natural ingredients they use or if they put something in it. Two of my relatives are selling it and the one is going to talk to me about selling it. If I believe it works then I will give a try and then get my friends to use it.

What type of skin care products do you use? What kind of results are you getting?

I'm curious as to why you're asking. If it's to get recommendations for yourself, then it would make sense if you told us your skin care concerns. Otherwise it just kinda seems like you're taking a poll.

For the past 7 months I've been a professional writer about skin care for a magazine and I know alot about many different brands. But it seems kind of curious that you seem to simply be doing a survery. So I can't help but wonder what you're doing with the information. Is this a project you're working on? You can't possibly be asking for recommendations, can you? For example, if you're a 26 year old woman with oily skin and acne, then how would a recommendation from say....a 45 year old with dry skin be of any help to you?

You've got me very curious.

Hi Jane,

I didn't mean to be so vague with my question. I'll try and e*plain a little.

I was recently introduced to a new line of all natural gel based skin care products. Up to this point in my life (I'm 49) I've never used anything other than a moisturizer. I decided to try the products and I am astounded. Not only do I feel a difference in my skin but others are noticing and commenting.

I was e*tremely curious as to whether others had e*perienced this with skin care and within such a short period of time (2 weeks). These products are a little e*pensive to someone who has never bought these before, but I am absolutely hooked.

I would love to have your professional opinion on the line. It's called Ageless. I have a video put I hesitate to post it here, I don't want to break any rules. You can email me and I'll send you the link. dawnfools@hotmail.com

P.S. Can you guess which letter on my keyboard is stuck? :D

I just checked out the Ageless website and I don't think the prices are bad at all. I've been taking care of my skin for over 30 years (my sister used to laugh at me............ she doesn't anymore) and truly believe, if it works, and you can afford it, it's worth it.

You've only got one face. :D What's it worth to you?

I went to : http://www.ageless.co.za/ but even if it's the wrong one, my response is the same. If you can afford it............. do it. You may also find that it turns out to be quite cost effective. Although you pay a lot up front, it may lasts quite awhile and replacement is one item at a time rather than all of it at once.

Whatever the cost.......................You're worth it! :D

I went to : http://www.ageless.co.za/ but even if it's the wrong one, my response is the same. If you can afford it............. do it. You may also find that it turns out to be quite cost effective. Although you pay a lot up front, it may lasts quite awhile and replacement is one item at a time rather than all of it at once.

Whatever the cost.......................You're worth it! :D

You're right...I am worth it....!!!! This is the product I was referring to

www.agel.com/skin_care

There's a great video on the site. It takes a while to download but really explains how our skin ages and how powerful anti-oxidants are.

I've been using Clinique for years (8 to be exact). I love it, and I get tons of compliments on my skin. The biggest one is when people ask if I'm 23, 24...I'm 30! Then they tell me to keep taking care of my skin. My favorite product is the triple defense moisturizer - moisturizer, SPF 25, and anti-aging all in one!

FundyGirl,

Is this the right site? The same product? I don't have time to wait to download the video.

If it's the same product, then from what I've read, it seems to have the right ingredients - candella, green tea, ginseng, etc. Though bear in mind that many company's will put 5% of something in product in order to claim that it contains it, while others may put in 20%.

I don't think it's expensive at all. I think it's quite reasonable. Some of the creams I use are $300. a jar, which is extreme, but my favorites are still about $100. like Creme d'Olives. Zelens, another favorite is $200. a jar. I also love La Prairie, which is also very expensive.

To begin with, this is the time you'll see the most effectiveness since you've never used any skin care products before.

I'd recommend sticking with this brand for about 6 months which is probably when your products will run out. At some point, you probably need your skin analyzed by a professional and then you can tweak your routine and add treatment products if necessary.

Bottom Line: If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

As a general pointer, don't forget your neck and your hands! Skincare doesn't end at the chin! Too many women forget to use moisturizer and sunblock and have youthful faces and old looking necks and hands. Use all products on neck and hands.

All skincare products do one of 3 things: Prevent, moisturize or repair. The best prevention products are sunblock and vit C serum. Vit C serum is expensive (about $100. a bottle) but the best bet. Daytime moisturizer should have a sunblock in it if you don't use a separate one. Night time moisutizer should never contain sunblock. It should have repair ingredients. Eye cream is important and you should get one that deals w/ your concerns.

Some brands that I like which are very budget friendly are: ROC and Lumene. ROC is available in Sephora and other drug stores. Lumene is fairly new to the US and is from Finland and uses the anti-oxident properties of the Finnish Blueberry as it's key anti-oxident. It's sold in CVS and I just went to a media event showcasing the new vit C products which will be on store shelves in March. One product is a vit C capsule that you break open and will cost about $25. (vit C is destroyed by light exposure, so creams w/ vit C are fairly useless)

ROC is coming out a new Dermabrasion Cleansing Disc that I like very much. It's quite mild - not a real dermabrasion - but makes skin nice. Also out in March. Sells for $10. for a box of 24 discs.

Other budget lines I like are La Roche Posay and Avene.

In the mid price range, I like Biotherm, Caudalie, Shiseido and Lierac.

Bottom Line#2: No matter what you buy, once the summer hits, make sure you use a high quality Vit C. It's the best thing in skin care.

Hi Jane,

Thanks you so much for all your detailed information. I really appreciate it. You are extremely knowledgeable.

The website you cited is the wrong one. It's not the products I was referring to. Ageless was formulated by one of the founders of Aveda

The proper website is www.agel.com/skin_care .

If you don't have time to download the video here is a shortcut http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzkloo02O6M

It's about 10 minutes long. If you have time to review it I would really value your opinion.

Kathy

I also have rosacea and have been using the Decleore line for a year now with

great results. I use the Har:) monie line for sensitive skins which is great. In addition I use True mineral foundation which is in a compact form as a foundation. My skin has never looked better

Archived