Are Carnival Standards Slipping?

stevenr597

I understood what you said in your first post, as we traveled from the UK I would have thought that we would have been informed by phone if a major change happened for any reason. to allow us a choice go or cancel, so I agreed with you.

I also stated that some of the posts that were less than kind to you were a disgrace to guests in their country, when they should take into consideration that English may not be your first language, so I congratulate you on your language skills.

We have sailed once with Carnival and we will not use them again, and we wish we had taken notice of a number of op's that had posted reviews that transpired to be factual to us, but we were convinced by the Carnival cheer leaders not to cancel.

Tery my wife is Croatian and speaks 7 languages, what is your country?

Regards from the U K

Tery has been asked that same question time and again but so fa I haven't seen an answer. Also has been asked if they booked directly with CCL or with a TA. I believe tery said they left 5 days before the cruise so unless somebody had a telephone # of their cell or the hotel they were staying I don't see how they could be notified. These decisions to alter itineraries are made last miniute, not weeks before.

What contract states you can cancel when they change itineraries because of weather? Notin the U.S. contracts.:confused:

Bill

Tery has been asked that same question time and again but so fa I haven't seen an answer. Also has been asked if they booked directly with CCL or with a TA. I believe tery said they left 5 days before the cruise so unless somebody had a telephone # of their cell or the hotel they were staying I don't see how they could be notified. These decisions to alter itineraries are made last miniute, not weeks before.

What contract states you can cancel when they change itineraries because of weather? Notin the U.S. contracts.:confused:

Bill

If we want to cancel we would cancel by phoning up to cancel. they had tery's mobile also they had mine. regards

If we want to cancel we would cancel by phoning up to cancel. they had tery's mobile also they had mine. regards

You seem to be smart enough to use the internet. And while the storm in the caribbean may not have made your local news, it is very easy to check the internet for the information. Prehaps you were unaware of what can happen during hurricaine season. So a valuable lesson was learned.

You nor your wife have told us yet how your cruise was booked. If it was thru a travel agent, that is who would have been responsible to notify you. (If you could have even been reached as you were traveling)

Carnival does not control the weather or the ports they sail to. A port can be closed 5 min before you arive. I am sure Carnival (as well as ALL other lines) keep an eye on developing issues and have contingency plans in the event the usual plans are altered.

There were a lot of disappointed people but your wife's insistance Carnival did everything on purpose, knew they were deceiving you, don't care, etc. and ruined the cruise is just off base.

The changes were made due to safety issues and if you can't accept that, or think that is wrong, then I will be glad you are never on a ship I am on.

I have been saying for a while they are Walmart:) .

As a platinum member myself and taking 3 CCL cruises this year already,I am not too happy with how it has gone downhill either.I like the cheap cruises,but cheapening the product does not do well. The crew just needs to be paid a salary now.

The sales of eveything are too much.

I just resort to complaining about everything now that I stack up a pretty good OBC now.

Welcome to Walmart:)

Bill I do not owe you any answer.C.C. know our cell phone and could have notify us. The possibility to cancel the cruise without penalty if C.C.is notifying is in their contract.I saw it.Thanks to the gentleman in the U.K.Iwish you happy holidays.

Bill I do not owe you any answer.C.C. know our cell phone and could have notify us. The possibility to cancel the cruise without penalty if C.C.is notifying is in their contract.I saw it.Thanks to the gentleman in the U.K.Iwish you happy holidays.

Sounds about right, they wait until you get to the pier and then its too late.They win.:mad:

Tery,

You are 100% correct. You don't owe me any answers. I also don't go believe any thing I read on the internet without facts to back them up.

So I'll go on not believing anything you write until you can back up your claims.

They must have a different contract in the UK if that's where you are from. One can only guess.

Happy Holidays :)

Bill

Tery,

You are 100% correct. You don't owe me any answers. I also don't go believe any thing I read on the internet without facts to back them up.

So I'll go on not believing anything you write until you can back up your claims.

They must have a different contract in the UK if that's where you are from. One can only guess.

Bill

There is for instance we tried to invoke the Carnival guar and get off at the first applicable port, we were told that only applies to US and Canadian pax when I replied that that did not matter, and would they help us in leaving the ship the answer was no. Regards

You are welcome, one insight tery this board gives us is the sort of people we may cruise with the good, the bad, and the ugly, we will never Cruise with Carnival again! merry Solstice to you and yours, Steve and Marina, Kalo Taxidi

Tery,

Bill

i AM NOT FROM THE U.K.I THINK YOU WORK FOR C.C.MOST OF THE PEOPLE ARE NOT GULLIBLE AND SEE C.C. FOR WHAT THEY ARE.TERY.

i AM NOT FROM THE U.K.I THINK YOU WORK FOR C.C.MOST OF THE PEOPLE ARE NOT GULLIBLE AND SEE C.C. FOR WHAT THEY ARE.TERY.
Tery I do not know if any people who work at Carnival post here, but I am damm sure that a lot of posters on this board have a vested and biased interest in its success, like the posters who do not declare they are travel agents, or the posters who are shareholders, plus the fact that this board is owned by a travel company.

I think this board would be "cleaner" if they had to divulge their connections regards

Tery I do not know if any people who work at Carnival post here, but I am damm sure that a lot of posters on this board have a vested and biased interest in its success, like the posters who do not declare they are travel agents, or the posters who are shareholders, plus the fact that this board is owned by a travel company.

I think this board would be "cleaner" if they had to divulge their connections regards

So, what is your connection? Do you two work for RCI or NCL and have been sent here to discredit Carnival?

See, those kind of posts do nothing but say I'm losing this debate so I will have to try to discredit the other poster.

For the record, I do not now nor have I ever worked in the cruise related industry. I have also never had a Carnival cruise nor do I have one booked so the "cheerleader" label will not work either. Does this mean I can now post, like the others, based on my opinion or experience without being labelled a cheerleader or working for the cruise line? I have had a number of cruises on other lines but like to keep up on them all to keep my options open.

So, what is your connection? Do you two work for RCI or NCL and have been sent here to discredit Carnival?

See, those kind of posts do nothing but say I'm losing this debate so I will have to try to discredit the other poster.

For the record, I do not now nor have I ever worked in the cruise related industry. I have also never had a Carnival cruise nor do I have one booked so the "cheerleader" label will not work either. Does this mean I can now post, like the others, based on my opinion or experience without being labelled a cheerleader or working for the cruise line? I have had a number of cruises on other lines but like to keep up on them all to keep my options open.

I have no interest in commenting on your first para as it is puerile.

You can post what you want, I have posted my opinion, and I have stated my credentials and my wife's.

See, this is called Cruise Critic, not I have a hidden agenda, and wear a short skirt and carry Pom Pom's

Merry Solstice

My wife and I are Plantinum Concierge Class members of Carnival and we, with a large party, recently completed the December 8th sailing of the Carnival Imagination. We have cruised on Carnival 4 times in the last 6 months and we have begun to feel that the product that Carnival is offering has begun to slip. Here is our evaluation of our latest cruise on the Imagination.

Pros:

1) The refurbishment of the ship was superb. Our suite was awesome. The cabin steward excellent

2) The night club and the two Las-Vegas style shows were among the best we have ever seen.

4) We took the botanical gardents and Falls tours in Jamaica. Excellent day

6) The new terminal in Miami was great. Being VIP members, we were on the ship within 30 minutes of entering the Terminal

7) The adults-only 'Serenity' section of the ship was very enjoyable.

Unfortunately the cons:

1) The ship was way, way overloaded. It does appear that Carnival is "packing the guests in"

2) For the first time in all of our cruising, the life-boat drill left us alarmed. It appeared that the crew was not sure of which life-boat station our mustering group was to go to in case of emergency. I do question whether there were enought life-boats for everybody.There was a 15 to 20-minute silent pause in the drill before they announced our group's station.

3) The lines for breakfast and lunch on the Lido Deck were the longest we have ever encountered. It was not unusual to have to wait for over 30 minutes

4) It does appear that Carnival is trying to make money in any way possible. At the shops there were constant raffles, sales, and "extras" to entice crowds into the stores (although in most instances these individuals did not buy anything

5) While we like to have our photograph taken on formal night, the photographers were constanting setting up stations on every night of the trip. Because of this, in many instances we were unable to use the grand staircase during the evening because of the photographers. Everytime we got off the ship or tender there would be the photographer calling out to you. In the dining room we were approached several times every evening for photographs

6) I do feel that the quality of the food, especially on the Lido Deck is declining.

7) The ship was not completely ready after Dry Dock. They were having problems with the Pizza ovens, and the deli counter was not set up.

8) Some of the staff were at times surly.

9) The cruise director, Jorge, was funny at the Welcome Aboard Show but cool and impersonal when greeting us at the Captain's Cocktail party. My wife wanted to say something briefly to him, but he made no eye contact and her words went unheard. This was not the case on any other Carnival cruise.

Although Carnival is not of the class of Princess or Celebrity, they have a reputation for offering a good product for the money. My wife and I used to kid that Carnival was th Iread IN the paper yesterday that c.c. gains deteriorated 14 percent in the last quarter of 2007.i do not wonder why.

Tery,

Bill

Iread in the paper yesterday that c.c. gains deteriorated 14 percent in the last quarter of 2007.I do not wonder why. Tery.

You must have heard about the high oil prices.:)

Bill

I am sure this is the last reason.The main reason Ibelieve is the bad conduct of C.C.C.C.has w0rkers who comment for them in a very rude way.Instead of insulting people they shuld improve their standards and learn to keep their promisesBill you work so hard but Ido not believe you are convinceing anyone.It is all just talk it is not enough.Tery.

I am sure this is the last reason.The main reason I believe is the bad conduct of C.C.C.C.has workers who comment for them in a very rude way.Instead of insulting people they should improve their standards and learn to keep their promises Bill you work so hard but Ido not believe you are convincing anyone.It is all just talk it is not enough.Tery.

To beat a dead horse, if you would have just given the information that was requested by several of the posters, then we all would have the information to decide for ourselves.

And I for one, believe that you are nothing but a TROLL. Now, flame on! This is my opinion.

Just came off the Glory doing an Eastern Caribbean run. This was our first time on Carnival after doing about 17 cruises on other ships, mostly RCI. I just want to say that Carnival did a wonderful job--everyhting was great--clean and spacious balcony room, great food in all venues including the Supper Club, great service, great staff,great everything. Can't wait to go back:D

To beat a dead horse, if you would have just given the information that was requested by several of the posters, then we all would have the information to decide for ourselves.

And I for one, believe that you are nothing but a TROLL. Now, flame No one appointed you as a judge you do not have to decide anything.Igave the information about our cruise .You are probably c.c.worker. May be you are bill.I am sure that only c.c. workers have the interest to defend c.c. so strongly.Now you flame on.

And I for one, believe that you are nothing but a TROLL. Now, flame No one appointed you as a judge you do not have to decide anything. I gave the information about our cruise .You are probably c.c.worker. May be you are bill.I am sure that only c.c. workers have the interest to defend c.c. so strongly.Now you flame on.

1. A TROLL is someone who just joined the board, since I have been on this board since Aug 2005 that rules out rule #1

2. A TROLL is someone who has very few posts, most of them negative. Since I currently have 655 post rules out #2.

The information that everyone has asked was did you book with a Travel Agent or directly with Carnival. Since you have not disclosed this information leads me to believe that you did not cruise on this ship at all.

Next, if I am a Carnival Cruise line worker, how is it that I live just out side of Augusta, GA?

I did not state JUDGE. But, if you post something and expect people to make up their minds (opinions) about what you said, you should provide the requested information.

If you have read my posts, I have pointed out some problems we have experienced on cruises. But, unlike you, if others ask for more information, I provide the requested information that dealt with the cruise.

I believe that you have made multiple e-mail accounts for the purpose of creating more then one User CP.

You want others to respect your opinion, but you do not wish to respect other's opinion. To get respect, you must give respect!

Pros Vs Cons

Let’s see....If I do the math correctly

1. Family of 5, Traveling for 5 days, visiting two ports of call

2. Sleeping in a penthouse suite

3. Daycare Service

4. Shows

5. Small Lobster (extra if I like)

6. Room Service

7. Food 24/7

8. Swimming

9. Gym

10. Spa

11. Golf

12. Swimming & Slides

13. Dressing up and looking nice

14. No Mom Taxi Driving

15. No Cooking

16. No Dishes

17. No Cleaning (other then picking up bathing suites)

$5.00 an hour per person (on average)

PRICELESS ….

Pros Win!!!

1. A TROLL is someone who just joined the board, since I have been on this board since Aug 2005 that rules out rule #1

2. A TROLL is someone who has very few posts, most of them negative. Since I currently have 655 post rules out #2.

The information that everyone has asked was did you book with a Travel Agent or directly with Carnival. Since you have not disclosed this information leads me to believe that you did not cruise on this ship at all.

Next, if I am a Carnival Cruise line worker, how is it that I live just out side of Augusta, GA?

I did not state JUDGE. But, if you post something and expect people to make up their minds (opinions) about what you said, you should provide the requested information.

If you have read my posts, I have pointed out some problems we have experienced on cruises. But, unlike you, if others ask for more information, I provide the requested information that dealt with the cruise.

I believe that you have made multiple e-mail accounts for the purpose of creating more then one User CP.

You want others to respect your opinion, but you do not wish to respect other's opinion. To get respect, you must give respect!

What ashame on c.c. to have such poor workers like you. what a miserable job you have.C.C.treated us bad Igave enough information.YOU ARE a very rude person who work for a rude company.I do not have any e mail accounts.Tery.

Archived