liquor at captains cocktail party

floridafunlady

what kind of drinks are served at the cocktail party. i have never gotten there early enough to find out. ds wants to know he plans on taking advantage of the savings to his S & S card.....just asking

At the parties we have attended you could get just about anything you wanted. :)

The waiters will have a standard collection of beverages on their trays; Chablis, whiskey sours, etc. You can order anything you like. If you are on a ship where the party is held in the lounges you simply go to the bar and order what you want. On ships that hold the party in the main show lounge you must order from the waiters.

Locate the bar and find a comfortable spot nearby.

I got a couple scotchs and a couple martinis in the time that I was there. Don't forget to tip your waiter a couple bucks for getting you exactly what you want. After you tip him/her the first time the drinks will flow like mad!!!

:D

And an invitation to this event is via???

(I realize this is a doltish question, but thought I should ask, since I don't know...)

Doltish??? There is no such question here!

How are you gonna learn if you don't ask???

Ask away!!! You won't find a more knowledgeable group of cruisers on any board, any where!!!

And an invitation to this event is via???

(I realize this is a doltish question, but thought I should ask, since I don't know...)

I see that you are from Gilbert, AZ we have our own cruise board under Cruise Ritual thread titled AZ cruises. Please come and join us.

Robb

Locate the bar and find a comfortable spot nearby.

I got a couple scotchs and a couple martinis in the time that I was there. Don't forget to tip your waiter a couple bucks for getting you exactly what you want. After you tip him/her the first time the drinks will flow like mad!!!

Machman, I like your style. A few bucks goes a long way to show your appreciation. My wife suns on the deck above the Lido, aft. Usually quite and somewhat secluded, a few bucks tip and the servers always find her.

What about the past guest pary? When is it. do the drinks cost or are they gratis?

The past guest party can be just about any night, except the formal nights, it varies depending on ship and itinerary, and is only on 5 day and longer cruises. And the drinks and appetizers are free there too, but you do have to have an invitation for each person entering the door for that one, which will be left in your cabin for you.

That's right , just walk up to the bar with a buck or two and you can get whatever you want....I usually find a good pool waiter the same way..give him a cash tip every now and then gets you great service...Dennis

That's right , just walk up to the bar with a buck or two and you can get whatever you want....I usually find a good pool waiter the same way..give him a cash tip every now and then gets you great service...Dennis

That doesn't always work at the Captain's cocktail party if the party is in the main theater, there is no public bar to walk up to, you have to order special drinks from the waiters.

Doltish??? There is no such question here!

How are you gonna learn if you don't ask???

Ask away!!! You won't find a more knowledgeable group of cruisers on any board, any where!!!

:cool: :cool: I read some replies and I wonder how people can be so rude and condescending and then there is a reply like yours that makes people feel okay about asking questions. There are no stupid questions, only dumb answers. You are bang on with "how are you gonna learn if you don't ask", we were all new to the board at one time and asked "stupid or obvious questions" and had some real good responds. Kuddos to you. Happy sailing. Cindy:cool: :cool:

what kind of drinks are served at the cocktail party. i have never gotten there early enough to find out. ds wants to know he plans on taking advantage of the savings to his S & S card.....just asking

Well, we didn't get there early (not early enough to get a seat, anyway). They were carrying around trays of a variety of drinks (my daughter decided she was in favor of Whiskey Sours after that).

I think they serve many kinds of drinks. But, get there early if he wants to take advantage of the savings to his S & S card.

:cool: :cool: I read some replies and I wonder how people can be so rude and condescending and then there is a reply like yours that makes people feel okay about asking questions. There are no stupid questions, only dumb answers. You are bang on with "how are you gonna learn if you don't ask", we were all new to the board at one time and asked "stupid or obvious questions" and had some real good responds. Kuddos to you. Happy sailing. Cindy:cool: :cool:

Right on, Cindy. ;)

Thanks to all for your kind replies...

As and un-initiated cruiser, I wasn't sure of this was an "invitaion only" event, or something for the unwashed masses to attend.

Being of a Scottish heritage, one of my favorite expressions is:

"If it's for free, it's for ME!!!"

(especially when the appropriate beverages are concerned!!)

if you like good liquor in your drinks go to the bar and ask for them...depending what ship you're on, go to an 'out of the way' lounge if there is such a thing. Usually the caper will say 'all the lounges on deck 5', sometimes the sports bar or a small lounge in the back hasn't be discovered by everyone. Get there early, tip early and you'll have a great hour or two. don't go away empty handed either, carry that last glass of wine to dinner with you..!

That doesn't always work at the Captain's cocktail party if the party is in the main theater, there is no public bar to walk up to, you have to order special drinks from the waiters.

Correct. The Captain's Cocktail Parties on Spirit class ships are held in the main show lounge.

Ya' know, everyone has a bad day once in a while. I'd prefer to think that rude or unkind remarks, especially to new folks here, are just a reflection of one of our members being a bit out of sorts.

If I'm having an off day I remind myself that it's MY problem and not anyone else's. I was new here not too terribly long ago and really appreciated all the help I got so it's a pleasure to be able to do the same for others.

Ya' know, everyone has a bad day once in a while. I'd prefer to think that rude or unkind remarks, especially to new folks here, are just a reflection of one of our members being a bit out of sorts.

Some people here are having a bad day every day then. ;)

Archived