Century 5 night

niborHS

We just booked the Century 5 night cruise to Grand Cayman & Ocho Rios. We were on the Century during it's inaugural season, really enjoy Celebrity, and this fit perfectly into the time frame we had. We need to spend a few days in Miami afterwards cleaning out my mother-in-law's apartment. Has anyone been on this recently? How was the ship, crew, entertainment, food? Was there a formal night, if so, how formal did people get? My husband does not mind putting on a tuxedo if others do. We will probably stay on board in Grand Cayman, but looking for something different to do in Ocho Rios. We didn't want to do anything big right now because we will be going to Hawaii for 1 week plus 1 week cruise in May.

Robin, when are you cruising on Century? My martini loving friends and I did a 5 nighter last January, and are counting down the days until 9 Feb when we will do it again. The Nov 06 overhaul was a big success, but lots of short cruises have been hard on the old girl.

On formal night on a long cruise I will always wear a tux, but I'm not even taking a sport coat for this 5 nighter. Black on black will have to do.

we did the 5 night in April--it was lovely & elegant.

The ship is updated in many areas--wish they did more with the old pool deck area but it was adequate..we stayed mostly at the aft bar..great spot!

Could not dock in Ochos Rios due to high winds. Cap. tried to make another port in Jamaica but no luck there either. Sad there is no T pool & the Persian gardens was off limits unless we booked a couples massage

Food was quite good on the 5 day--a bit less so when we cruised on same ship in Sept in Europe (a different head chef) I am sure you will enjoy yourselves--most everyone dressed to code!

We just booked the Century 5 night cruise to Grand Cayman & Ocho Rios. We were on the Century during it's inaugural season, really enjoy Celebrity, and this fit perfectly into the time frame we had. We need to spend a few days in Miami afterwards cleaning out my mother-in-law's apartment. Has anyone been on this recently? How was the ship, crew, entertainment, food? Was there a formal night, if so, how formal did people get? My husband does not mind putting on a tuxedo if others do. We will probably stay on board in Grand Cayman, but looking for something different to do in Ocho Rios. We didn't want to do anything big right now because we will be going to Hawaii for 1 week plus 1 week cruise in May.

Did this in March for our family cruise, 5 nights, but Key West and Grand Cayman. The Century was wonderful, as always. A dark suit will do on formal night, but hubby took a tux.

I like Grand Cayman, but loathe Ocho Rios (admittedly haven't been there in years), so sorry, not suggestions for what to do from me, besides stay on the ship.

Signman, we are on the Feb 9th too. If you are martini loving, we'll find you. Have they added a martini bar to the ship?

Hi,

I am not Signman, but I can tell you that Century does indeed have a fantastic martini bar. It's an ice bar, with various colored lights changing the ambiance of the bar every few minutes. My favorite space on the ship :)

Anne

Did this in March for our family cruise, 5 nights, but Key West and Grand Cayman. The Century was wonderful, as always. A dark suit will do on formal night, but hubby took a tux.

I like Grand Cayman, but loathe Ocho Rios (admittedly haven't been there in years), so sorry, not suggestions for what to do from me, besides stay on the ship.

We are doing this cruise. Did you tender in Grand Cayman as scheduled? We decided to take a ships tour to see the sting rays so we could get right off the ship. We have a private tour scheduled after that, so hoping we make it and on time.

The Stingrays are great in Grand Cayman, but we have already done that. We also have done the turtle farm, hell, and to us, living with Jones Beach only 20 minutes away, the 7 mile beach is nothing. I would have preferred Key West, because we haven't been there in years, but the dates didn't work out for us. I like Ocho Rios, but will only go on a tour. Not sure if we will pick a ship's tour or what. We used someone the last time we were there by the name of Belinda. She arranged a very nice tour for us.

It sounds like we will enjoy the 5 days.

Robin, glad to see you posted on the Roll Call. What town are you in? The Martini Bar is the signature space on the refurbed Century. Some of my usual cruising buddies are on Century now for the repositioning, but are dealing with norovirus. Will have current status of condition, food, etc, as soon as they are back later this week.

Archived