Galveston's Casa del Mar Beachfront Suites Hotel review?

gpcruiser

This is "our" place! We found it years ago and fell in love. They have recently remodeled the place and should be finished by now. If your hunting for a 3 or 4 star hotel this is not the place. It is a Condo-Hotel and it works for us. They also have the nicest employees you will ever meet. I think you will be pleased!

I feel relieved that someone has been there.. We are looking for a safe place to stay that would keep the 6 of us in one unit. Is it expensive to take a taxi to the port from this location? Also we are thinking of taking the grandkids to Moody Garden - Should we do it on the Saturday before the cruise or sign up for the trip thru Carnival with the transfer? Any suggestions? Thanks

I feel relieved that someone has been there.. We are looking for a safe place to stay that would keep the 6 of us in one unit. Is it expensive to take a taxi to the port from this location? Also we are thinking of taking the grandkids to Moody Garden - Should we do it on the Saturday before the cruise or sign up for the trip thru Carnival with the transfer? Any suggestions? Thanks

Just an FYI you may already knowthis - Each one of the units at CDM has a queen size bed, a queen sofa pull out bed & two bunk beds. THere is a small kitchenette also.

I just checked on taxi fares from CDM and was quoted $12-$15 one way to port for 2 people. Alot cheaper that parking at the port.

Do Moody Gardens on your own! You can buy combo tickets for the day and you go at your own pace. There is the Imax Show, Imax ride, Rain forrest, Aquarium, Discovery Place, Paddelwheel boat ride & other things to do. We have been several time.

Hope you Enjoy!

If you have kids along you may also want to consider Schlitterbahn. It's a waterpark that opened this year that is close to Moody Gardens. They're some how able to cover and heat a lot of it so it can be used during the winter months.

gpcruiser,

You are in luck! The indoor season operating schedule shows Schlitterbahn will be open on Saturday 3/1/08.

Click here: http://www.schlitterbahn.com/gal/schedule-indoor.asp

Hope this info will be helpful!

Kat 110105_emYA10_prv.gif

'Tis the season to be jolly...

Archived