FLL transportation to port

croosieloosie

Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport opened a Rental Car Center which houses a number of car rental companies servicing both the airport and the seaport.

A single shuttle pickup at Port Everglades is offered for the following rental car companies at the Center: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Continental, Dollar, , EZ Rent-A-Car, Hertz, Payless, Royal and Thrifty.

If the shuttle is overcrowded or running late, grab a cab, cab fares less then $15 to the port.

Fort Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport opened a Rental Car Center which houses a number of car rental companies servicing both the airport and the seaport.

A single shuttle pickup at Port Everglades is offered for the following rental car companies at the Center: Alamo, Avis, Budget, Continental, Dollar, , EZ Rent-A-Car, Hertz, Payless, Royal and Thrifty.

If the shuttle is overcrowded or running late, grab a cab, cab fares less then $15 to the port.

[/quo

We are staying at the Yankee Trader. Thinking about not renting a car now. Any idea on cab fare to the hotel and then to the port?

Can one get from the rental car dropoff to the port by shuttle too...??

Yes, that's how the shuttle works. It takes you from the rental car area noted above over to the cruise ship terminal. They have been doing this for years and it's a nice service that they offer.

Keith

We are staying at the Yankee Trader. Thinking about not renting a car now. Any idea on cab fare to the hotel and then to the port?

Airport to the Trader, under $20. Trader to the port, depending on terminal $12-$18.

I assume you mean one shuttle stop to get to the car rental, not just one trip? Any idea how frequent the trips are and how well marked the pickup point is?

Thanks for all your great tips.

I assume you mean one shuttle stop to get to the car rental, not just one trip? Any idea how frequent the trips are and how well marked the pickup point is?

Thanks for all your great tips.

No, that's not what I mean. What I was trying to say was that instead of a car rental van or bus from a dozen or so car rental businesses at the airport they are all sharing the same bus service provided by the county. In other words, say you rent from Avis, you'll be riding with people who are renting from Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty etc. Your all sharing the same bus. This was put in place to reduce traffic congestion at the port by eliminating a dozen differant busses.

I cannot give you an accurate report on the schedule but I do know they run all day when ships are in port. Each terminal has a designated car rental bus stop with signage indicating such.

/////

Is there a rental car dropoff near the cruiseport or will I have to return a rental to FLL and then take a shuttle/taxi to the port?

The airport is really right near the port. You drop the car off and they shuttle you over to the cruise terminal. It's nicely done and they have been doing this for many years now.

Keith

Is there a rental car dropoff near the cruiseport or will I have to return a rental to FLL and then take a shuttle/taxi to the port?

You'll have to drop it off at FLL and then take a shuttle/taxi to the port, unless you rent from Thrifty or Budget who both have offices just outside the secure port zone as well as the airport.

Will Thrifty or Budget shuttle me to port if I drop off a rental at their offices outside the port zone? Seems like that would be less hassle than returning a rental to the airport??

Budget 954-761-7231

Thrifty 954-463-8060

No, that's not what I mean. What I was trying to say was that instead of a car rental van or bus from a dozen or so car rental businesses at the airport they are all sharing the same bus service provided by the county. In other words, say you rent from Avis, you'll be riding with people who are renting from Hertz, Dollar, Thrifty etc. Your all sharing the same bus. This was put in place to reduce traffic congestion at the port by eliminating a dozen differant busses.

I cannot give you an accurate report on the schedule but I do know they run all day when ships are in port. Each terminal has a designated car rental bus stop with signage indicating such.

/////

Thanks - that's exactly what I thought I meant (but it didn't go across that way) when I wrote it :)

Archived