Any tips on keeping the new luggage tags on suitcases?

floatinrocks

Does anybody have any tips for making sure those new paper luggage tags don't get ripped off during the manhandling aboard flights?:eek:

First, I'd delay putting the tags on 'til you're at the cruise terminal. Second, I'd recommend some variety of lamination to protect them. Lots of folks use clear packaging tape and that seems to work well. I use 3M laminating pouches and my tags come out like this:

bagtag.jpg

I laminated mine (after tri-folding) with just the box laminator stuff from Office Depot. Wasn't gonna use my mega laminating machine since that stuff is rather expensive. Then I folded them in half, punched a hole and attached with a zip tie. Out of 8 bags not a one came off.

BTW just as a precaution I also made extra tags and cut them in half and taped one to each bag with packing tape.

Host Mach, don't the porters have the same luggage tags that are mailed to you in your travel docks? The one you are showing is an edoc, correct?

From what I've heard recently, the porters have the old style colored tags. The image I posted is from eDocs but the new tags that are included with the mailed docs are pretty much the same and will require some variety of re-enforcement.

I laminated my tags and punched a hole through the luggage tag. I then took pull chains for ceiling fans cut them shorter and used those to attach them to my bag. I also didn't put on the luggage tags until I got to the port to help keep them from getting lost or damaged

Just returned Sat. from my first cruise since the "new" tags. Hard to imagine that Carnival Corp. owns several lines and they all use different type tags. My favorite is Princess. (very similar to Celebrity and RCCL) My solution was....Staples sells a pack of 5 self-laminating luggage tags that worked great. Trim the paper tag...put it between the two clear pieces of laminant and it seals itself.

From what I've heard recently, the porters have the old style colored tags. The image I posted is from eDocs but the new tags that are included with the mailed docs are pretty much the same and will require some variety of re-enforcement.

So since last year's Miracle cruise, CCL has dispenced the colorful card board tags to save some trees? I just can't wait to get on the Victory and out of this freezing, snowy weather.........11 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Does anybody have any tips for making sure those new paper luggage tags don't get ripped off during the manhandling aboard flights?:eek:

I didn't laminate mine, I just folded according the to their directions, then put the tag on my luggage. Then I taped the ends together and reinforced this with staples. I'm back home and all the tags are still on my luggage. No problems.

I didn't laminate mine, I just folded according the to their directions, then put the tag on my luggage. Then I taped the ends together and reinforced this with staples. I'm back home and all the tags are still on my luggage. No problems.

Just hope it doesnt rain on your embarkation day...

AND - Carnival luggage handlers are VERY ROUGH on the luggage...

I wish to lodge a formal protest:

Just returned from my 1st Carnival cruise, Victory 12/2/07 and my expectations were exceeded in almost all respects, BUT:

The luggage tags stink!

I laminated them, punched holes in them, and attached them at the port with industrial strength triple knotted rubber bands. One piece made it to my room and after 5 hours of the other being a no show, had to go claim it at the Pursers desk.

Charge me an extra dollar but give me airline style self-adhesive luggage tags!:mad:

Im leaving saturday, and I still dont have my room number, so my tags say: TBA

Will that be a problem? How will they find my room?

Theres a small spot to put your name, but it doesnt really stand out.

Not a problem... If you don't have your room assignment before you leave you can get tags at the cruise terminal from the baggage folks.

Sure ....dont put them on until your ready to go to the port.:D

Im leaving saturday, and I still dont have my room number, so my tags say: TBA

Will that be a problem? How will they find my room?

Theres a small spot to put your name, but it doesnt really stand out.

Take a Black Sharpie pen with you and when you arrive to the pier, look for the Carnival rep that is holding a clipboard with the manifest, this manifest will have your name and Cabin number. Just write the Cabin number right on the tag, front and back.

Fred

We just folded it over the handle and put some regular tape on it before we left for the port. All tags were intact on arrival to our cabin.

I miss the old style though, the one with the ship. I would save one and put on my bulletin board to remind me of the cruise.

Sure ....dont put them on until your ready to go to the port.:D

What if your luggage gets lost by the airline and arrives after you have departed for your cruise? Wouldn’t it be helpful to have the appropriate Carnival tags on your bags? This way the airline can work at somehow getting you your luggage at the first or second stop the ship makes. This has never happened to me, but it has happened to someone I know. Granted they didn’t get their luggage until day 4 or 5 of their cruise, but at least they got it.

Always, ALWAYS put a luggage tag on each piece (as well as inside) that gives your destination and a phone number.

For instance, if we were flying to the port the tag would be:

DESTINATION;: Carnival Spirit, SanDiego, Dec. 24 Booking # XXXXXX

or if flying to a city:

DESTINATION: ORD, American Airlines, cell phone # xxxxxxx

If all else fails, go to the Scottsboro, AL Lost Luggage Store. :-)

Archived