Last minute cruise suggestions?

staufj22

Definitely last minute, can anyone suggest a cruise departing in the next 10? I'm located near San Francisco, so there's not too many cruises leaving my local port. However, something not too expensive to fly to would be great as well.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

-Jimmy

Your problem is going to be availability as holiday cruises are extremely popular. Because we aren't allowed to recommend TAs, I recommend going to the main CC page and following the links to one of the online TAs that advertise there.

RCCL, Princess, and NCL offer Baja Mexico and Mexican Riviera cruises out of LA. Carnival offers Baja Mexico and Mexican Riviera cruises out of Long Beach. Carnival, HAL, and Princess offer Mexican Riviera, Baja Mexico, and Sea of Cortez cruises out of San Diego. I would look to see if there is any availability on any of these cruises.

I did a brief internet search, and here is the only availability I'm finding in the next few weeks, but this is just a cursory search:

3 night Baja Mexico on RCCL's Monarch of the Seas on Dec 28th, inside stateroom only, out of LA or a 4 night Baja Mexico on Dec 31st

3 night Baja Mexico on Carnival Paradise on Dec 28th, out of Long Beach or a 4 night Baja Mexico on Dec 31st

5 night Baja Mexico on Carnival Elation on Dec 24th out of San Diego

You might also look at cruises out of Galveston Texas. You could get flights into Houston Hobby on Southwest. RCCL's Voyager of the Seas has availability on a 7 night Western Caribbean (Roatan, Honduras, Cozumel, Mexico, cruise on December 30th.

check out vacations to go do com. they have some really good last minute deals listed.

Thanks for that. I found 3 that leaves either New Orleans or Fort Lauderdale that I might be interested in. Just looking into airfare now.

Your problem is going to be availability as holiday cruises are extremely popular. Because we aren't allowed to recommend TAs, I recommend going to the main CC page and following the links to one of the online TAs that advertise there.

RCCL, Princess, and NCL offer Baja Mexico and Mexican Riviera cruises out of LA. Carnival offers Baja Mexico and Mexican Riviera cruises out of Long Beach. Carnival, HAL, and Princess offer Mexican Riviera, Baja Mexico, and Sea of Cortez cruises out of San Diego. I would look to see if there is any availability on any of these cruises.

I did a brief internet search, and here is the only availability I'm finding in the next few weeks, but this is just a cursory search:

3 night Baja Mexico on RCCL's Monarch of the Seas on Dec 28th, inside stateroom only, out of LA or a 4 night Baja Mexico on Dec 31st

3 night Baja Mexico on Carnival Paradise on Dec 28th, out of Long Beach or a 4 night Baja Mexico on Dec 31st

5 night Baja Mexico on Carnival Elation on Dec 24th out of San Diego

You might also look at cruises out of Galveston Texas. You could get flights into Houston Hobby on Southwest. RCCL's Voyager of the Seas has availability on a 7 night Western Caribbean (Roatan, Honduras, Cozumel, Mexico, cruise on December 30th.

Thanks for the information! Do you recommend, since it's such last minute, to go with a TA instead of booking it a-la-cart ourselves?

It can't hurt to give a travel agent a call and see if there is anything that they can do for you. If they have a really good relationship with their rep from the ship, and the ship is looking to fill up, you never know what they can do.

Archived