How formal 3-night Monarch

mattR

I've seen the same on the 3 night as the 7 nights - some are very formal and some not very formal at all. The passenger makeup of the 3 night cruises might lead one to believe that it's a total party crowd but I haven't experienced that....it's a very nice & well behaved crowd. ;)

I think alot of folks use formal night as a chance to get dressed up and maybe have a formal picture taken - something some of us don't do very often in our home towns/cities.

I think it depends on the crowd. I've been on this ship on 3 nighters where you see women in T-shirts with sparkles and black slacks, guys in shirt sleeves and not even a tie. I've also been on this ship where the people have been dressed very appropriately.... at least the ones I saw or paid any attention to.

You can't go wrong with middle of the road. My husband wears a sports coat with black slacks and a tie, I wear a cocktail dress and we fit right in with the crowd. A dark suit for the gentleman and a floor length dress for the lady would work as well.

You do see a few in tux and gown, but not many.

Just looking at a picture that was taken of a small group of us at the captains table.........a couple of years ago. My business partner and father in law were in dark suits, and wives in cocktail dresses. I'm in a tux and my wife is in a formal dress.

I agree that the formal nights on a 3 or 4 day cruise will show off everything under the sun...........but for many of us......it's fun to dress up for the occasion, and have a picture to remember the cruise.

The dress pictures also make for a great Christmas card!!

Happy Holidays to everyone!!

Rick

We see dressy (tux and gowns) down to nice/casual. Monarch is a laid back cruise at best, but you will see fancy duds on Formal night :)

We dress up, but that's us. Just do not wear..... Jeans, hats, flip flops, hats for guy's and tanks guy's and you will be fine!

Happy Holidays :D

The above is all correct, you will see a blend of attire on a 3 day cruise. I think it's actually called "formal" night so anyone wanting to get dressed up in thier best can do so and get the photo's, etc. If your going just to relax and have fun but not dress up a casual dress and slacks and nice shirt is also accepted for the guys. We aere at a table this fall and one of the husbands didn't have a tie and we just told them to not worry about it, everything was fine.

Archived