Shogun Live From The Emerald

Shogun

Sounds like you are having fun even after luggage snafu. We are sailing on the Emerald on Feb 4 and I was wondering if there has been anymore noro virus on the Emerald. Had it once and never want to have it again if I can prevent it. It won't stop me from cruising but I have been super cautious since.

Hi Folks,

Ship is bug free, however many others out there are not so be careful, wash your hands .

CC Meeting was held in one of the bars today PSD was there and a lad from his team, free bottles of bubbly stuff was laid on . Good number attended.

Ship picked the time and the place, but they did put in in the patter and did broadcast it.

Formal night tonight and all that

yours Shogun

Hi Folks,

Ship is bug free, however many others out there are not so be careful, wash your hands .

CC Meeting was held in one of the bars today PSD was there and a lad from his team, free bottles of bubbly stuff was laid on . Good number attended.

Ship picked the time and the place, but they did put in in the patter and did broadcast it.

Formal night tonight and all that

yours Shogun

Hi Folks,

For those that asked about the santuary,

well the sun beds are the best, the very best, you can not help but fall asleep on them. Ice cold lemon water, cold towels, good range of drinks and food some free. The mp3 players are good , with dream music etc you drift of into a different world. Now the time to book is for the afternoon of a sea day as deck space is in short supply, however be up early folk where quing at 7.00am.

yours Shogun

They were letting passengers bring on one bottle of wine per person in each port when we were on the Emerald in December. There wasn't anyone checking booze when we got back to the ship in one port. All I had were four mini bottles as gifts I was bringing home.

Hi Folks,

Just to let you know that everything is not perfect all the time, today at the Cays we were a little late in , then tendering just came to a halt folk had a 1 hour wait to get a tender, not sure what went wrong but some thing did, then there was the bloke that send a jacket to get pressed has not seen it since.

Apart from all that very nice day today weather held for us, the cruise has been so quite and very nice and relaxing.

Having another free meal in the Crown tonight.

Will chat more onve we get home and answer any questions in more detail.

As there are 98 folk going b2b lets hope that Live from the Emerald keeps going.

The Emerald is not the best ship afloat, the ports of call are not the best, but if you put a little effort into having a great cruise you will, if you want to moan you will find things to moan about the choice is yours.

Bye for now

Shogun

Hi Folks,

For those that asked about the santuary,

well the sun beds are the best, the very best, you can not help but fall asleep on them. Ice cold lemon water, cold towels, good range of drinks and food some free. The mp3 players are good , with dream music etc you drift of into a different world. Now the time to book is for the afternoon of a sea day as deck space is in short supply, however be up early folk where quing at 7.00am.

yours Shogun

SOUND PERFECT!!

Hi Shogun,

You'll probably see this after you get home. Hope you had a safe trip and no troubles getting off the ship.

As for drinks with Neil at the CC get-together with us on the Emerald Dec 6-16 cruise, he offered to pay for drinks of anyone who wanted one. Only one person, maybe two, took him up on the offer. However, it was shortly before supper. It was a nice gesture and good for the timing of the meeting.

mycruz, I do have one picture of Neil but it was the "deer in the headlights" look as he was getting up from his chair or looking at something. I happened to overhear the engagement conversation as he was getting up and moving to have his picture taken with us. I think it was with the 4 ladies from Delray Beach. If asked under oath, it would be something like I "thought" I heard that date.... LOL. Enjoy your next cruise.

I agree with Shogun-let's keep this thread going--LIVE!

Lynne

Hi There,

As to drink, when returning to ship from the ports of call all drink is taken off you and stored,

yours Shogun

We were on Shoguns second cruise and stayed on for the 1/15 voyage.We had the pleasure of meeting Shogun but must disagree with him regarding the liquor policy.We bought scotch or wine in every port except Antigua and carried it aboard.There is a desk with an attendent to accept the liquor but we just walked on by.Nobody said a word.

Hi There Folks,

May well be the case that the nice lad sitting at the table was to polite to ask anyone to hand in a bottle. although he did have a good collection most days, but this might just be a tiny % of what was brought on board, or it might be that he though better of getting between a dog and its bone, as John is a big lad you know.

How mant times can you say bye bye to your table mates,

on the last night

next day you bump into them while going to your waiting area

out side in the que for the bus

at the hotel where you had lunch

at the shops in the afternoon

at the place you have a tea stop

at the airport ques

in the departure gate

then again at the next airport departure gate OK this one was my fault went to wrong gate

we were on different buses , different airlines going to different countries.

yours Shogun

Hi There Folks,

May well be the case that the nice lad sitting at the table was to polite to ask anyone to hand in a bottle. although he did have a good collection most days, but this might just be a tiny % of what was brought on board, or it might be that he though better of getting between a dog and its bone, as John is a big lad you know.

How mant times can you say bye bye to your table mates,

on the last night

next day you bump into them while going to your waiting area

out side in the que for the bus

at the hotel where you had lunch

at the shops in the afternoon

at the place you have a tea stop

at the airport ques

in the departure gate

then again at the next airport departure gate OK this one was my fault went to wrong gate

we were on different buses , different airlines going to different countries.

yours Shogun

So true, Shogun!

Welcome home...luggage update???

Christapie, did you "hide" it in your luggage or just put it in your carryon?

We went to Total Wine Store in Ft. Lauderdale and bought 7 bottles of wine and 1 bottle of very good champagne. We packed a couple in our suitcases very carefully and the rest in our carry ons. Nothing was said and all was well when we got to the room.

In every port my hubby bought a bottle of liquor of somekind and just put it through the scanner and no one said anything. He did put it in his backpack and then on the scanner. We did get order some wine at dinner as well to try different vintages.

Hope this helps.

We had a glorious time on the ship.

Princess is the absolute BEST for us!!!!!

Christapie

Archived