B2B Disembarkation

sddsddean

I've read various posts on here that say that you will be taken off the ship, through customs (as a formality) and straight back on the ship, but does anyone know what sort of time this happens?(After everyone else is off or what?). We will have 2 changeovers in Barcelona and were going to get off the ship about 9am, go off for the day and come back after all the lines had gone about 3pm. Is this doable, or have we got to wait and get off/on with a member of RCI staff at a time to suit them?

Simon

I've read various posts on here that say that you will be taken off the ship, through customs (as a formality) and straight back on the ship, but does anyone know what sort of time this happens?(After everyone else is off or what?). We will have 2 changeovers in Barcelona and were going to get off the ship about 9am, go off for the day and come back after all the lines had gone about 3pm. Is this doable, or have we got to wait and get off/on with a member of RCI staff at a time to suit them?

Simon

The Guest Relations Manager is most likely your best source for how your plan will work in Spain. Most of what you have read on these boards is about US procedures. I'll be interested in how this works out for you since we will be in the same situation on Voyager in November 2008. Good luck! :)

We were on the Rhapsody (Sept.'07) on the transition cruise and they took us off after everyone was off the ship. Went down the ramp, flashed our passports at immigration(they didn't even touch them) took two steps on U S Soil and went back up the ramp. The best part was 36 of us had the whole ship to ourselves for 6 hours while we sailed to Ensenada :D :D

Yes you can get off earlier. You do not have to wait to be taken off. Since you will not be concerned about luggage, you can just walk off whenever you please. Of course you will be disembarking with everyone else and so will probably have to wait in a long line to get off. If you do disembark with everyone else, you will not be able to get back on until regular embarkation time for the second part of your journey. You will not have to do anything special. When you decide to get back on the ship you will check in as usual and a new sea pass will be made for you with your new photo for the second part of your trip.

I just did a back to back two weeks ago.

Have a good trip

Archived