Please convince me to book the Grandeur!

39august

I have sailed Rhapsody and Vision, but it has been a few years ago. I so love the Radiance and Voyager class ships, and recently the Freedom. Grandeur's repo from Baltimore to Tampa Oct. 30 '08 is a super itinerary. But I am reluctant about booking this ship. There are 4 sea days and I wonder if I will be bored. Can anyone verify what a friend told me about alternate dining in the WJ in the evening? She said there were table cloths, soft lighting and waiters. This was about a year ago. At any rate, tell me all the good things you know about the Grandeur, please. And for anyone recently on her, did you hear anything about adding a CL to Grandeur?

I have sailed Rhapsody and Vision, but it has been a few years ago. I so love the Radiance and Voyager class ships, and recently the Freedom. Grandeur's repo from Baltimore to Tampa Oct. 30 '08 is a super itinerary. But I am reluctant about booking this ship. There are 4 sea days and I wonder if I will be bored. Can anyone verify what a friend told me about alternate dining in the WJ in the evening? She said there were table cloths, soft lighting and waiters. This was about a year ago. At any rate, tell me all the good things you know about the Grandeur, please. And for anyone recently on her, did you hear anything about adding a CL to Grandeur?

Don't hold your breath for a concierge lounge to ever be added. I can see the Grandeur doing the three and four day itinerary out of Florida after Majesty and Monarch leave the fleet in a couple of years.

In 2005 and 2006 there were tableclothes in the Windjammer at night. For some reason this year they weren't there. The lighting is softer and it is a different atmosphere than breakfast and lunch. There are waiters that are willing to help out but they don't serve you to the degree they do in the dining room. They mainly clean the tables, etc. like they do the rest of the day. The windjammer is still set up as a buffet meal for dinner.

I've never been on the larger ships so I can't compare how Grandeur would stake up to those ships. I do know I've been on the ship seven times since October of 2005 and have three cruises out of Baltimore next year scheduled on this ship. I've always enjoyed it. I will admit to being someone who enjoys listening to the music in the centrium or reading a book on deck. The shows have also been good.

As with any ship there are things that can be improved if you look for them. I've always found the staff very friendly, pleasant, and helpful. There are several of the staff that I met in October 2005 that are still with the ship. It's always nice getting reaquainted with them each year. It's always amazing to me how they remember my name after so much time with everyone they meet.

I've recommended this ship to several friends. I can't wait until May when we get to go back on the ship.

Archived