I am at my post, anyone else

billsrobb

I have learned to never doubt Host Mach... But then again, if he's been doing this since 2005... Maybe his mind has 'bent' a little :p

Ummm... I joined Cruise Critic in July of this year! I've been a host for a little over a month!

Given another two years (to catch up with your date...) and I probably will be a little mentally 'bent'!!!

:D

Mach, you may have only been on CC since July of this year and Host for a month, but you say you've been watching the port cam since 2005... And that's a LOOOOOONG time!!!:rolleyes:

LK

Ahhh... so very true!

Before that I was watching the NOLA webcam as that's were I was sailing from back then.

I head out to Church, go out to breakfast, come home and find a vocabulary lesson, WOW. Now I am confused if the beloved Host Mach has watched the Web Cam since 2005 and only been posting since July and host for a month, what does not add up here? Like I said I am confused!!!

Robb

I head out to Church, go out to breakfast, come home and find a vocabulary lesson, WOW. Now I am confused if the beloved Host Mach has watched the Web Cam since 2005 and only been posting since July and host for a month, what does not add up here? Like I said I am confused!!!

Robb

Welcome to the New Math!

Sounds like one of those word problems that everybody hated on the SATs... 'If a train leaves Boston travelling West at 70 mph and another train leaves Santa Fe travelling East at 52 mph how many chickens does Ray have on his farm?'...

;)

What's the usual arrival time for the Conquest? Iam taking my 17 year old nephew on a cruise June 8 2008 for his high school graduation gift it will be his first cruise. We are staying at the Harbor house hotel the night before and I would like to get him up to see the conquest come into port & dock.

What's the usual arrival time for the Conquest? Iam taking my 17 year old nephew on a cruise June 8 2008 for his high school graduation gift it will be his first cruise. We are staying at the Harbor house hotel the night before and I would like to get him up to see the conquest come into port & dock.

Barring weather and wind problems she normally arrives at about 6:30 AM...

I'm sure he'd love to see that big, beautiful ship pirouette in the harbor! It really is quite a sight.

Barring weather and wind problems she normally arrives at about 6:30 AM...

I'm sure he'd love to see that big, beautiful ship pirouette in the harbor! It really is quite a sight.

Yeah Mach I have been on the conquest myself before and I love that ship. It's going to be a lot of fun taking a 17 yr old on his first time ever trip out of Texas and to be taking him on such a huge ship will be cool. He has never been out of Texas and Iam hopeing to make this trip a great experience for him. any ideas as to what I can do to make this trip even better for him? I have already used your help in making us reservations at the super club.

Yeah Mach I have been on the conquest myself before and I love that ship. It's going to be a lot of fun taking a 17 yr old on his first time ever trip out of Texas and to be taking him on such a huge ship will be cool. He has never been out of Texas and Iam hopeing to make this trip a great experience for him. any ideas as to what I can do to make this trip even better for him? I have already used your help in making us reservations at the super club.

From what I've heard, the teen disco is WAY popular with the younger set. I recall that place being packed and rockin' every night. Considering the numbers of tanned bodies I saw around the pool on the Lido Deck I'm sure that your nephew will spend a considerable bit of time hanging out there.

The zip line tour in Jamaica is killer... There are two. The one you can book through Carnival is supposed to be the mack daddy.

As I'm sure you know, there are tons of great things to do on both Grand Cayman and Coz.

No matter what you do I'm sure he'll have a great time.

From what I've heard, the teen disco is WAY popular with the younger set. I recall that place being packed and rockin' every night. Considering the numbers of tanned bodies I saw around the pool on the Lido Deck I'm sure that your nephew will spend a considerable bit of time hanging out there.

The zip line tour in Jamaica is killer... There are two. The one you can book through Carnival is supposed to be the mack daddy.

As I'm sure you know, there are tons of great things to do on both Grand Cayman and Coz.

yeah Im thinking im not going to be seeing him much on board maybe just at Dinner time. He will be where ever the girls are hanging out im sure.

Oh and im just glad I dont have to pay to feed him after we get on board he eats all the time no end to it

Welcome to the New Math!

Sounds like one of those word problems that everybody hated on the SATs... 'If a train leaves Boston travelling West at 70 mph and another train leaves Santa Fe travelling East at 52 mph how many chickens does Ray have on his farm?'...

;)

Mach's making my head hurt again!

Somebody please make him stop!:(

;) :p

Just pickin' on ya.

I took my 16yo daughter on her first cruise this past July on Conquest, and we had such a great time! We did eat at the supper club one night since it was my birthday, and it was SO good! Shadowdiver, make sure that he makes it over to the teen club to check out what is going on there. My dd Jordan only went there the last night, and she wished she had gone sooner! She said she didn't want to go and be around a bunch of silly, giggling girls, lol!! Have you picked your excursions yet? We did Dunns River Falls in Jamaica, along with a dolphin encounter. We had a BLAST doing the falls! When you get through doing it, you KNOW you have really accomplished something!:cool: We went to Margaritaville in Grand Cayman and that was fun too! Jordan and I did spend a lot of time together while on the ship, but i made sure that we had time apart too, as we did get on each other's nerves occasionally!:D

I knew I would find all of you here!:p

Yeah, well, where ELSE would we be?? :D I was babysitting my 2 grandkids while my daughter and her fiancee went to lunch, and I told them they had to be back and gone by the time the Cowboy game came on, but I REALLY wanted them to be gone by the time the ship left, hehehe!!:D

It looks like the pilot boat is back there with Voyager, I want to see of the horns are on it! Hubby is at work missing the Cowboy game but gets off at half time, he has the first half recording..He wouldnt be too happy with the score!

It looks like the pilot boat is back there with Voyager, I want to see of the horns are on it! Hubby is at work missing the Cowboy game but gets off at half time, he has the first half recording..He wouldnt be too happy with the score!

I'm not too happy either!:eek: 10-0 Washington!!:eek:

Welcome to the New Math!

;)

Thanks.

Robb

I finally figured out after watching Ecstasy leave that you just have to watch for the lines to be dropped, or whatever you call it, and once THAT happens, the ship is just about ready to leave. :cool: So now that is what I watch for...:D

Those lines are properly called 'hawsers' or mooring lines. Whey they are 'dropped' they have been 'cast off.'

So, there we have Nautical 101 for Sunday, December 30, 2007!

;)

Sooo... when does the big, pretty white boat go??? ;)

Archived