13 day cruise versus 2-7 day cruises

Solara

Looking for an opinion.......Princess has been our cruise line of choice in recent years. I've been thinking about trying Royal Caribbean again. I remember the first time I went on Princess and I was afraid after all of my other cruises were Royal, but after we went on that first Princess cruise we never went back. Lately I've been thinking maybe we should try RCCL again just for something different.

Here are my choices. For sure we are going on a 9 day Princess cruise in the spring. My choices for the fall are as follows: a 13 day Panama cruise on the Serenade RCCL OR a 7 day RCCL cruise on either a Voyager class or larger & a

7 day Princess cruise on the Crown. Which is better one 13 day cruise or 2 - 7 day cruises? Part of my problem is the 13 day one is on RCCL and what if I get there and I reallly like Princess better.

Bottom line is would you rather take one 13 day cruise or 2 - 7 day cruises??????

Just MHO- I would go for the longer one. Embarkation day- no matter how you slice it- is chaotic and nerve-wracking. DH and I always get in an argument- even a silent one- and we are always beat by the end of the day. The last day you don't even have your luggage, you keep thinking there is so much to do- but it's hurry up and wait time. Plus- why get to know a whole new staff?

I would tend to go with the 2 7 day cruises. The group of passengers on the 13 day will likely be an older group with less mix in ages. The 7 days cruises will likely be a mix of ages.

Also, I think that there would be more variation in entertainment options by going with the 2 different cruises. And it would be fun to check out both ships. That for me is one of the fun parts of cruising.

If you're talking about taking two 7-day cruises - both in the fall - I would go with the 13-day instead. There's a lot of hassle in embarking and disembarking - plus the air travel for each cruise. Make it easy on yourself....do it once.

Sometimes itenerary dictates back to back cruising. We did 3 BtoB 7 day cruises this past September in the Med for a great 21 days....BUT.. Each week was 500 different passengers and there was a tremedous change in the cruise climate aboard due to the change in demographics. :cool:

Sometimes itenerary dictates back to back cruising. We did 3 BtoB 7 day cruises this past September in the Med for a great 21 days....BUT.. Each week was 500 different passengers and there was a tremedous change in the cruise climate aboard due to the change in demographics. :cool:
The two 7 days cruises are about 6 weeks apart, they are not back to back.

Just a friendly reminder that RCCL does not have self-service laundry facilities onboard as Princess does. No laundry equals bigger piece of luggage for a 13-day or an expensive dry-cleaning bill.

Granted, no one wants to do laundry while on vacation but I find that I am able to pack lighter knowing that the services are available to me.

Whatever you decide, have fun!

I'd say do the 13 day cruise. It would be much more of a unique experience and less hassle in having 2 separate vacations planed. I don't know where the other itineraries for the 7 day cruises are going so I can't help you there. But I'd say choose the option that has the best itinerary and don't worry so much about cruise line vs. cruise line. Its all wonderful when you get there, as you know. And it might be nice to have a little bit of change going back to RCCL. Go on the cruise that you think is more of an opportunity, something that won't be back as easily as the other option.

I'd say do the 13 day cruise. It would be much more of a unique experience and less hassle in having 2 separate vacations planed. I don't know where the other itineraries for the 7 day cruises are going so I can't help you there. But I'd say choose the option that has the best itinerary and don't worry so much about cruise line vs. cruise line. Its all wonderful when you get there, as you know. And it might be nice to have a little bit of change going back to RCCL. Go on the cruise that you think is more of an opportunity, something that won't be back as easily as the other option.
What a nice way of thinking about it. The 13 day one is a Panama Canal cruise which we have never done before. The 2 7 day cruises are to places in the Caribbean where we have been before and will probably go again. I have always wanted to go on a longer cruise just never could swing the time. I'm only concerned that I will be disappointed in RCCL since we tend to love Princess now.

What a nice way of thinking about it. The 13 day one is a Panama Canal cruise which we have never done before. The 2 7 day cruises are to places in the Caribbean where we have been before and will probably go again. I have always wanted to go on a longer cruise just never could swing the time. I'm only concerned that I will be disappointed in RCCL since we tend to love Princess now.

If you think you will be disappointed, then you will - Go with the attitude that you will NOT be disappointed, and you won't! Don't spend your whole cruise comparing RCCL to Princess or you will find things to disappoint you. While on board find things to like about RCCL - you said that you liked them in the past.

It's all about attitude! Have a Good one and you'll have a good time no matter what!

I'd LOVE to do the Panama Canal cruise - that's my Dream Cruise at the moment!

I think it sounds like you know what your decision should be. The opportunity and itinerary sounds like its better on the 13 day. I don't think you will be disappointed in RCCL, you might discover a few little things on RCCL that you like better or are just different than what Princess does. Sometimes change can be nice, a bit refreshing. The ships will be layed out different and the food might offer a little bit of a novelty as well. Plus the type of cruise and itinerary being so different than what you've been on it will be a lot of fun that way too! I wouldn't be so worried about getting on the ship and absolutely hating your cruise. I understand you just don't want to regret your decision but I think you are on the right track to make a great decision!

Archived