Prinsendam changes after dry dock

kura

According to a brochure I was looking at there were some major changes. One of them was the Explorations Cafe was introduced. The Internet Center was moved over to the area where the library and coffee bar was located. Something else was moved into the former Internet Center.

I also noticed that the inside single cabin is now a blank white space; I don't know if the outside singles are gone, too, since I didn't know the cabin numbers.

According to a brochure I was looking at there were some major changes. One of them was the Explorations Cafe was introduced. The Internet Center was moved over to the area where the library and coffee bar was located. Something else was moved into the former Internet Center.

I also noticed that the inside single cabin is now a blank white space; I don't know if the outside singles are gone, too, since I didn't know the cabin numbers.

Good Lord, Ruth! What a thought!

Those outside singles had BETTER be there........I've got Q101 for June '08! :)

Outside singles are Q100 and Q101.

:) :) Martha in Barrington, RI

Martha, I just pulled out the brochure and my magnifying glass---I don't see those cabins.

Tell me what deck they're on, and where they are on the deck, and I'll take another look. I did notice there's no "Q" listed with the cabin types.

The HAL website clearly shows Q100 and Q101 all the way forward on the Upper Promenade deck.

Forward of C-102 and C-103? Those areas are also white in my brochure---just like the single inside R-501. This is a puzzlement. :confused:

I'm looking at the 2009 Grand Voyages brochure, and the rest of the Prinsendam deckplans have the updates from the recent dry-dock.

Here is a link to the deck plan off the HAL website. It couldn't be wrong, could it?:rolleyes:

http://www.hollandamerica.com/fleet/deckPlan.do?ship=pr&deck=up&year=next

That deckplan does not show the new Explorations Cafe, with the integrated Internet Center.

I very much suspect it is wrong---it hasn't been updated yet. What's the rush. ;)

I'm also wondering if the three single cabins are still available, but it's just not published---one has to know to ask? I know the inside single was a good size, in a very good location, but doesn't show as anything in my brochure. It can't just be sitting there as wasted space, can it? :confused:

That deckplan does not show the new Explorations Cafe, with the integrated Internet Center.

I very much suspect it is wrong---it hasn't been updated yet. What's the rush. ;)

I'm also wondering if the three single cabins are still available, but it's just not published---one has to know to ask? I know the inside single was a good size, in a very good location, but doesn't show as anything in my brochure. It can't just be sitting there as wasted space, can it? :confused:

Ruth,

I looked at some 2009 itineraries on the Prisendam and they are still offering the Q and R cabins.

Marie

Ruth,

I looked at some 2009 itineraries on the Prisendam and they are still offering the Q and R cabins.

Thanks, Marie. That's a relief to know. Funny that those rates aren't listed in the brochure. I wonder why. :confused:

I have deck plans from 2007, 2008 and 2009 brochures. I'll take them with me and try to determine which one is the current version.

Bless you!

Oh, and try to get out of the driveway this year. K? ;)

Looking at the deck plans from a 2006 brochure and the 2008 South America brochure, there are no changes that I can find. This also agrees with what is currently showing on the HAL site.. if you can get the deck plans to open. The 2009 Grand Voyages brochure shows several changes though:

Starting on Dolphin Deck, Golf Center gone, replaced with Stuyvesant Room. Cabin R501 Gone, replaced with a blank space. N500 changed to M500, MM502 and MM503 changed to M502 and M503.

Main Deck, No changes.

Lower Promenade, Internet Cafe replaced by Half Moon Room.

Promenade Deck, Erasmus Library Gone, replaced with shop area. Jewelry Shop and Half Moon Room gone, replaced with Explorations Cafe. No change to Java Bar and Cafe, Wajang Theatre or Explorer's Lounge. No change to the aft cabin areas.

Upper Promenade, Q100, Q101 gone. BC104 & BC105 changed to AB104 & AB105.

I don't see any changes on the decks above the Upper Promenade level. It should be pretty easy to verify if these changes have been made once we get onboard.

We single cruisers can relax.....just had confirmation from PRDM staff officer that both Q100 and Q101 are STILL THERE!:)

Thanks for the info PalmBeachMom! Glad to know my cabin is still there.

It would be great to know that the inside R single still lives as well; Ruth says it's quite a good size.

They are good values for solos who want to do a longer itinerary on a smaller ship.

Martha

I originally posted this on Grumpy's thread last night:

Quote:

Would love to hear about the changes on the ship as it's been upgraded and/or still in the process. Have a great cruise!

Promenade Deck: The Half Moon Room has been replaced by a new Explorations Cafe; Erasmus Library has been replaced by a HAL Signature shop which also contains a very small area displaying liquors/cigs/misc. for sale; Boutique shops have been replaced by a larger fine jewelry shop.

Lower Promenade Deck: Internet Cafe has been replaced by the Half Moon Room.

All cabins have new bathrooms, except #190 thru #198 (which had been replaced more recently).

These were the changes I was able to see. However, since the Prinsendam is like a second home to Grumpy and Slinkie, they'll be able to share their expertise on this topic.

I was personally delighted to find that the beautiful art deco light fixtures in the dining room and Ocean Bar remain as they had been when we were on board a year ago.

Archived