Windowless Wonders Unite!

DarthGrady

Previously, I would get OV, but I'm learning to love insides. Last cruise on princess (7 day) was IS and it worked out great. I have an IS scheduled in November (7) on a chartered Jazz Cruise and I saved a ton of money. BY only booking an inside later this year, I will be able to book a cruise this summer. Sooooooo, looks like I've joined the "windowless wonder group."

• 4 weeks later...

Just wanted to share this:

On the Paradise we had U-110, which is one of the "sideways" interior rooms across from the Penthouse Suites. These rooms go parallel to the hall. With the king-size bed set up it gets pretty cramped. This is because it sits right in the middle of the room and is in the way. I would avoid these rooms unless you want the beds separated, then it wouldnt be an issue.

We've only been on one cruise so far but i loved our inside cabin on deck two. Our friends were on deck 7 with a balcony and they were always complaining about the ship rocking. My fiance and I however slept like babies. Inside for me!!!

When we book a cruise we try to get two rooms. A balcony and an inside cabin across the hall. I like the inside cabin because it is so dark and the air conditioner seem to work better on inside cabins. With respect to the balony I enjoy spending an afternoon on the balcony listening to my IPOD and drinking rum and cokes. Yes, I put the rum in my suitcase, so you anti-smugglers can now get back on your soap box.

I also like an inside cabin for mid-day naps, usually after a few rum and cokes I am ready for a 45 minute power nap. An then I get back on the balcony to continue my "me" time.

Our next cruise will probably be an inside cabin because it will be a new years eve cruise and the prices are high. But we may lock in a balcony if I decide I will need a little IPOD RUM and Coke time.

Any type of cabin is good for . . .

CruiseHealing

When we book a cruise we try to get two rooms. A balcony and an inside cabin across the hall. I like the inside cabin because it is so dark and the air conditioner seem to work better on inside cabins. With respect to the balony I enjoy spending an afternoon on the balcony listening to my IPOD and drinking rum and cokes. Yes, I put the rum in my suitcase, so you anti-smugglers can now get back on your soap box.

I also like an inside cabin for mid-day naps, usually after a few rum and cokes I am ready for a 45 minute power nap. An then I get back on the balcony to continue my "me" time.

Our next cruise will probably be an inside cabin because it will be a new years eve cruise and the prices are high. But we may lock in a balcony if I decide I will need a little IPOD RUM and Coke time.

Any type of cabin is good for . . .

CruiseHealing

I know what you mean about the A/C. The two times we had OV cabins (free upgrades) I had to shut the curtains in the daytime while we were away from the cabin. I like it cold in the cabin, and with the sun coming in, the A/C couldn't keep up.

We have three college educations to fund, not to mention the prospect of grad school for three. We actually are trying to live debt free. The only way to cruise each year is cruise 4A gty... did do a 6B on the Triumph (huge room, Veranda deck, obstructed view) did it for the space DH had a stroke in 06 and a three year old and 13 yr. to boot. But we normally do the 4a gty and take our chances. Same ship, same bedding, same service - heck they even let us on the upper decks and dining rooms;) .

I wouldn't like an inside as I can get a little claustrophobic. I also like to spend some time on the balcony before I go to bed. I prefer suites if I can get a good deal, like the space and the feeling a bit special especially the VIP check in.

Stayed in the Hyatt (Miami) because it said the rooms had balconies but the doors/windows didn't open so I didn't like that either! Think its because I have lived in Spain for some years and used to living with lots of patio doors open and sitting out (except like today as it's cold!).

I would do inside though if I didn't mind, would be able to fit more cruises in then.

I suffer much more from claustrophobia in the crowds of people than I do in the cabin. When I'm in the cabin, all I have to do is leave it. When I'm in a crowd, I start to panic because it isn't so simple to get away. I HATE crowds!

After the wonderful experience of having my first balcony in December, I got off the phone yesterday with Carnival and booked two cruises, both with inside cabins. There's no way I could've done a balcony on either and cruised twice.

Unfortunately, the Glory 4B is costing me nearly as much as the 8G did on Miracle, because I didn't decide to do a May cruise until the past week or so. But the December on Fascination? $299 per person! 4C cabin for the price of a 1A.

I would've booked 1A on Glory, but DD hates having to climb into the upper bunk. When she was younger, that wasn't a problem. She'll turn 22 just before we sail and it isn't quite as easy to convince her to do something she doesn't want to do!

Rather looking forward to returning to those wonderful, nice, dark, cave-like insides!

We had an Inside for the 1st time last month. Before that we have had a suite (one time), and balconies (twice).

The only reason we booked an Inside Guarantee for last month's trip was (1) price, and (2) had 5 ports, so we wern't going to be in the cabin alot.

The only thing I didn't like about it was there just wasn't much room to move around. A few times my husband and I were squeezing past each other if we passed each other at the foot of the bed. There was a little table and chair in there that really was just taking up room. They weren't in a pratical place to use them. I told my husband I wish they would take them out to give us a little more room. That's the only drawback we had with an inside room, just not much room to move around! :(

Every cabin I've had on 3 Fantasy-class ships and the Miracle were all 185 square feet.

1 OV, 1 inside on Fantasy, 1 inside on Elation, 1 balcony on Miracle.

In fact, the insides and OV felt larger because the beds were in an "L" configuration. That's one advantage to being single and traveling with your daughter. No need for that bed taking up the entire room.

On the Miracle, that configuration wasn't an option, because the balcony door and wall there is mostly glass. Can't put a bed against that wall. So you had about 1-1/2 foot at the end of the beds to get to the balcony door.

I think 185 sq ft is a great size for an inside. Our Empress cruise had a TINY ov cabin. Beds were against the walls and there was only about a foot in between. I think it was only about 135 sq ft.

Jubilee, we were in an 1A that was actually against the bulkhead (R7 on Holiday & Celebration). It was huge because of the shape & location of the cabin.

If you don't have any problems with motion sickness, this would be a great choice for kids or two friends travelling together that don't need a double bed.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have pictures of the interior of your inside cabin on a Conquest-class ship? I'd like to see the vanity and the closets. Do you know if the closets are the same size as the oceanview or balcony cabins? There will be two of us ladies on this trip, and we'll bring too many clothes!!

Try a search on Webshots. I figure they're all pretty much the same and assume (uh oh) my inside on Glory will be just like my inside cabins on the Fantasy class ships.

Now, when I'm on Fascination, I'll be in U99, which is an inside but is lengthwise. I'm going to have to find out what those look like. They're across the hall from the Big Spenders in the suites. :p

Thanks, I've tried Webshots and they're tricky to find, but I've gotten a good idea of the part of the room with the beds. The problem is that I can't tell from the photos if there are three closets or two, and what the drawers in the vanity look like.

I have had two balcony rooms and one inside room. I orignally booked a inside room for our last cruise, but decided to up grade to a extended balcony. My DH really likes to go out on the balcony. I have to say that I think I could do without one. An ocean view room might be nice just for the window and sun shine. On our last cruise I was rarely out on the balcony. I think if I had a choice, I would rather have the inside room and maybe cruise twice a year, instead of once a year. My DH just really loves to go out on the balcony and have a drink or read. So might be hard to convince him of booking the inside rooms.

We have booked an IS for our cruise in November on the Liberty.

Although the balconies sound really nice just before bed or first thing

in the morning. We could not afford it this time.

Like most pp have mentioned you are not in your room that much

so why bother.

I would love to join the WW group lol.

• 1 month later...

My DH and I are going on our 3rd cruse in May and have always had inside rooms. I like the inside rooms because of the darkness. On a cruise, we are up at 7 am and in bed at night at around 1 am - therefore, I need a nap during the middle of the day and can't sleep when there is light. Inside is perfect for us for that reason. Also, It is less expensive for an inside room and we can do more shore excursions and shopping with that money.

I did inquire about upgrading to an ocean view or balcony on our upcoming cruise, but they wanted more than I wanted to pay per person to upgrade to either of these and we would not be as high on the ship as our inside room. It is more important for us to be higher on the ship than in an OV or balcony.

My DH and I did an inside on our last cruise. The others have been OV...no balcony. I did not like the inside, I felt like I was trapped when I was in there. (which wasn't much) If I can swing the little extra OV is for me. I like the sunshine coming through the window and looking out to see the ocean going by.

I am going on my 4th cruise in Oct, all have been inside cabins, which was fine, but this cruise I really wanted to try the balony, so I guess I will find out which I like better, but if it meant inside room or no cruise, the inside would be fine with me.

Happy cruising all:D

Archived