Food in Egypt, Turkey, & Israel

Donna_In_India

Foods not to be missed,

In Israel, a real Falafel pita, with all the goodies in it (numberous salads and tehina dressing).

If you are on the beach, try some grilled fish with orgeano spicing.

Also and Israeli breakfast is light and wonderful.

In Turkey and Egypt-have a good turkish coffee with cardoman, and deserts such as Knafee and Katief. If you dont drink coffee, have some mint tea. Yummm

Daphna

Felafel and Shwarma!!!:D I love the turkish coffee with cardamom as well. I am a big fan of eggplant, and loved having this almost every meal in Israel.

The desserts in Egypt are wonderful! So are the pastries and breads, with a heavy French influence. I did not care for the kebobs, however. We enjoyed most of the food. There are Greek restaurants, turkish, French, etc. The Zamalek area is nice for shopping and eating.

One thing for those of you who have not traveled to that part of the world - there is no toilet paper in the restrooms. Not at the museums, or monuments or most restaurants. Instead, there is an attendant at the entrance (or sometimes inside) that will sell you a few squares. It's good to carry your own, so you have enough. Also - sometimes the attendants inside the women's restroom are men. Just so you know.

Archived