Past guest dinner

rob6465

I think after reading all the replies, i'll just attend the party with my wife and tell my son/girlfriend to do something else on ship. I do not want to be taken into custody and asked why I brought someone who should not be there. I have a clean record and do not need to walk the plank or be turned in to jamaican authorities. Thank You everyone !

Our 2nd cruise, they told us we could bring our DD with us. As long as they are in your party, it is ok.

I teather myself to the drink server... well actually, just to the serving tray... :D

So, maybe it's more of a "what's your reason for attending?". lol . This next cruise,for me, with a group is only for 4 days. Only. During that time, if I pay attention, I may not even have to crack open a drink chit or buy for myself. We've got the 2 private parties, a past guest option and the Captain's zoo er Reception. And we have found that if you belly up to the bar and ask, you can usually get a generic drink of YOUR choice, not what they are passing around. Those can be nasty! I have done a few of these cruising with the girlfriend weekends and seen some interesting stuff. The bartenders are slow to respond, even when no one else is standing waiting for them. And they really slow down when the end of the party nears and stop serving about 5 minutes before. And, they can get rude when you you say "hey, we've got 5 more minutes!" You need to work it IF you want it. I think it's the frame of mind of the cruiser, so, does it really matter if you go to these things? But, the fun you miss if you don't!!:D :D :D

So, maybe it's more of a "what's your reason for attending?". lol . This next cruise,for me, with a group is only for 4 days. Only. During that time, if I pay attention, I may not even have to crack open a drink chit or buy for myself. We've got the 2 private parties, a past guest option and the Captain's zoo er Reception.

With a 4 day cruise, you won't have a past guest party. They are only on cruises of 5 days or more. Sorry to be Debbie Downer.:(

What is the big deal? You are on vacation......Tell them you are traveling with first timers and it is ok for them to join you at the Party. I am sure they will say it is ok. They do not go around the room and ask how many cruisers have you had. I am an elite with Princess and they alway allow you to bring a guest to the the Captains luncheon. Relax and enjoy!! Some of you are so "uptight"!

Archived