How Long Will it Take From Newark to Port

scottie99

We are being picked up from the Country Inn & Suites at Newark Airport (Glimcher Realty Way)for Noordam cruise on Jan 16. We wanted to be at Cruise Terminal in Manhattan at about 12 Noon.

I have booked a car from dial7.com for 10.45. Is this a reasonable time to be picked up, allowing for local traffic or should I allow more time?

without traffic its about 40 minutes. But the rush hour is over by 10:30....the driver should be in touch with other drivers to know whether the Lincoln or Holland Tunnel would be better. More than likely the longest wait will be at the terminal itself because of dropping off picking up traffic.

Thanks for your prompt replies.

PS -for the attention of other posters on the HAL boards who replied to my concerns of not making the cruise due to airport strikes- it looks like the problem has been settled and the strikes have been postponed.

Again thanks for your concerns and and advice

• 2 weeks later...

We used Super Shuttle on a Thursday afternoon (flight got in around 1:00) and it only took us 30 minutes from EWR Airport. The driver said that traffice was good that day but it could take as long as 45 minutes to one hour.

We were also the first stop.

• 2 weeks later...
No, I hav'nt but the reviews on Tripadvisor are pretty good. I will give a review on my return (27Jan) if that helps.

Just got back. The Country Inn and Suites was Ok-ish.

We had some problems.

We had to wait about 30 mins at the airport for their shuttle. All other shuttles had come round at least twice before it arrived.

We were quoted $119 and they tried to charge $139.

Heating did not work initially and we had the maintainance man in the room twice before it was fixed.

We then had to get him back as water was not hot enough to bathe comfortably. They said they couldnt move us.

Finally, I opened the ice bucket to fetch some ice from the machine and there was a used Band-aid lying in it that had not been cleaned away.

When I complained to the manager, all she would do was deduct $20 from our bill. We did think about moving but after a long flight from the UK and the fact we were only there for 1 night, we made do.

As it turned out the bed was very clean and comfortable and breakfast was good.

I would go somewhere else next time

Archived