Have I Been Spoiled??

Very first cruise was last Feb. on Freedom (western). LOVED IT and am now addicted. Sailing Liberty (eastern) in 4 weeks and can't wait!

Here's my question - having experienced the biggest of the fleet, I am considering booking a southern caribbean cruise on AOS for next year while on board Liberty and wondered if I will be disappointed in the ship after sailing Freedom and Liberty? Also, of the Eastern, Western, and Southern itinerarys, which is your favorite?

We've sailed on Adventure of the Seas twice, both times the southern itinerary (St Thomas, St Maarten, Aruba and Curacao) and we have really enjoyed each one. We haven't done the Freedom-class yet but we intend to. In my opinion, you can't go wrong with any of the Voyager-class ships. Some like a smaller ship; we prefer the BIG ones. Just the thought of a couple of those croissant sandwiches from the promenade cafe washed down with a cold draft beer from the pub makes me green with envy. By all means, go; just don't rub it in when you get back.:D

It all depends on what you want from your ship.

If having things like the flowrider are important to you, then yes, you will be disappointed in a smaller ship.

I've sailed on the Explorer, the Jewel, and the Vision - my favorite so far is the Jewel. The Explorer has the Promenade and the ice skating shows, but I really liked the glass views and smaller size of the Jewel. VIsion did not have any specialty restaurants or a Johnny Rocket's.

I'd recommend going to Royal Caribbean's website and looking at their interactive models of the ships, which show all the different areas of the ship; it might help you get a better idea of what is and is not on the ships you're looking at.

The southern Caribbean routes are most folks favorites. The AOS and all the Voyager class ships are laid out like the Freedom class. On the AOS, the Promenade is not as long, but it's plenty big! THere is no Sorrentos, but there is a Promenade Cafe. There is no Flow Rider and there are no cantileverd hot tubs. Other than that, I don't see much difference.

I have never sailed on anything bigger than the Adventure of the Seas but I think you would like it. The voyager class of ships are nice, I also like the Serenade ( Radiance class) and think you would also like that. I prefer the souther caribbean to any other.

we went on Liberty and loved it...our first cruise was on Disney and it was fantastic. But when we got to talking to everyone about our next one and told them our first was with Disney, the general consensus was that we would be disapointed, so we were a bit nervous...thankfully this was incorrect as we have enjoyed each an devery cruise we have been on. Since each ship offers a different experience, the size of the ship really hasnt made much of a difference. We just went on Vision...really a smaller, older ship...and had one of our best vacations ever!

Out of eastern or western we favored eastern, although both were amazing.

Very first cruise was last Feb. on Freedom (western). LOVED IT and am now addicted. Sailing Liberty (eastern) in 4 weeks and can't wait!

Here's my question - having experienced the biggest of the fleet, I am considering booking a southern caribbean cruise on AOS for next year while on board Liberty and wondered if I will be disappointed in the ship after sailing Freedom and Liberty? Also, of the Eastern, Western, and Southern itinerarys, which is your favorite?

I have only been on the Vision (twice) and the Monarch (once). The Vision was cruise #1 and #3, I thought I would not be happy to go on the same ship and ports twice, But when I got on the cruise I found out it was a different vacation.

Archived