Booking a cruise/early late

titanraven

I'm looking at a NCL Dawn cruise to Bermuda starting 27 April.

Prices are the same on both ............ and the NCL website.

Can I get better prices if I wait a week prior to sailing? We would like an oceanview stateroom. Understand I'm taking a chance on available cabins. My husband is into batering for upgrades. IYOs is this a possibility?

Thanks so much, my first post but I've read so much on this site that has been helpful, insightful and fun

kq

I would not wait. I would book the cruise now to get a decent cabin. You will likely find if you wait till the last minute that the cruise is either sold out or the bad cabins are left. If the price goes down, then followup to have them give you that price.

Keith

ou don

t indicate where you are traveling from. If you need air, the last minute cost could very well eliminate any savings and then some.

Alos, you talk of a specific date, what happens if that date is sold out?

Finally, what does your husband offer them as barter?

If you have a certain cabin you like do not wait! We always book the stern cabins as they are the first to go. Alot of times you can watch the prices and get the lower price or possibly get an up-sale or up-grade. We can not wait as our airports are slim pickins and price always goes up closer to sail date.

Good Luck

Retiredonthesea

I've never known anyone who bartered for an upgrade, but you can hope for a call from the upgrade or upsell fairy. An upgrade happens when the cruise line gives you a higher priced cabin in the same category as the one you booked. An upsell is when a representative calls you and offers you a higher category, usually at considerable savings. The only time I've gotten that call was when I booked directly with the cruise line. Others may have had different experiences, though.

If you have your heart set on a certain type of cabin, I agree with the previous posters that you should book it and keep an eye on the prices. If there's a price reduction, without stipulations, before final payment, you just need to call the cruise line to get it.

Thank you for the replies, airlines are not a problem since we can either drive or take the train(using saved points). From the responses it seems I might be a little naive about how full these ships are when they leave port and the savings we could reap by waiting. As for the husband bartering, he did a great Elvis impression on the last cruise (Dawn) but I dont' think that is going to help.

Can I get on a list for the upgrade/upsell fairy?

Thanks again for all the info, really appreciate the input.

Kim

Archived