Captain Marvin's or Buccaneer

atanza

We'll be sailing on RCCL on October 10th, one of our stop will be Grand Cayman, WE NEED YOUR HELP

We want to do the Stingray excursion, but we are confused.

Whos has done the excursion with Grand Cayman Cruise Shore excursions (Buccaneer Stingray City Catamaran Excursion)???.

We've heard so much about Captain Marvin, but not sure whether we want to pay the same and get less.

With Buccaneer we get one more stop and open cash bar,

but is it worth it??

Let me know if you've done either of them and

what you think?

Thanks so much

ASTRID:)

We absolutely loved Cpt Marvins, it was one of the most memorable moments on my cruise. I still love breaking out the video they shot of us and watching it. It was so worth the money, the guys were great and I highly recommend it. By the way, what is an Open Cash Bar.....I thought it was either open or cash? Have fun with whatever excursion you choose :)

Would this stingray excursion be for Oct. 10, 2004 or 2005? Because if it's Oct. 10, 2004, it's unlikely that you will be able to go to the Cayman Islands. The Cayman Islands were devastated by hurricane Ivan and no cruise ships are currently going to that island. We will be going there in early Nov. and are worried that we may not get to go.:( From the reports that I've read it sounds like it will take at least a month for them to recover. At this time they have no electricity, massive flooding, the sewage treatment plant contaminated the drinking water, and almost every structure on the island has some type of damage to it. A reputable excursion company has posted in the Cayman Islands section of the boards and they said cruise ships probably won't be able to visit there for at least a month. I've also read other posts where CCers said they called their cruise line and asked how long it would be before cruises would start going to the Cayman Islands again. They were told it would take at least a month.:(

Some cruise lines have been substituting Playa Del Carmen, Belize, and Progresso. Others have just been having a fun day at sea. If I were you, I would call my cruise line and see where your ship will be going instead of the Cayman Islands. Though, with 3 weeks to go, there is a chance the clean up work will be swift and cruise liners will be able to visit the Cayman Islands sooner than expected.:) Let's hope so. I feel so sorry for all of those poor people who have lost their homes and businesses. Many of them rely on the cruise industry to make a living. Not having cruise ships dock in port will really hurt them.:(

Capt Marvins does his tours with a smaller group- It may cost more but the service you get is worth the personalized attention.

As far as a bar-- You will be with the stingrays very early in the morning. Maybe 10 until 2. If drinking is important then book that excursion. Open cash bar---you pay for what you drink. (not a deal breaker for me)

Archived