NY Car Service recommendation

mycruz

We will be arriving this summer on a Saturday morning and flying out of LaGuardia. Can someone please recommend a car service to meet us and our luggage at the ship and transfer to the airport? I believe we will be arriving at the port in Brooklyn.

Thanks

We will be arriving this summer on a Saturday morning and flying out of LaGuardia. Can someone please recommend a car service to meet us and our luggage at the ship and transfer to the airport? I believe we will be arriving at the port in Brooklyn.

Thanks

Please do a search on this board for "car service". There are many listed, with phone numbers, locations served, and caveats.

Thanks

I use Arecibo 7187836465 which you call when you are getting off.

you can have Cadman Plaza Car service meet you as well. These are local Brooklyn car services and know the Brooklyn Red Hook terminal well.

Thank you SMeyer, I take it you have used these with success? I did do a search but was looking for some recommendations based on past experience. Next time I'll be a little more explicit on why I am asking such an easy question.

Thank you SMeyer, I take it you have used these with success? I did do a search but was looking for some recommendations based on past experience. Next time I'll be a little more explicit on why I am asking such an easy question.

I live in the area and use them a lot. Arecibo I use a couple of times a week. I used it to the Brooklyn Cruise terminal and they charged me $8.00...I gave the driver $15.00

I, also, was looking for a taxi service that would take us from Newark to Jersey City, and as this is our first visit to NYC, was having terrible luck. Finally settled on a taxi pick-up service by the name of Secaucus, and I presume they are out of Secaucus,NJ. My question is are they reputable or do you know?? Should I cancel my reservation with them and try your recommendation??

Thanks.:)

Mike!!

I, also, was looking for a taxi service that would take us from Newark to Jersey City, and as this is our first visit to NYC, was having terrible luck. Finally settled on a taxi pick-up service by the name of Secaucus, and I presume they are out of Secaucus,NJ. My question is are they reputable or do you know?? Should I cancel my reservation with them and try your recommendation??

Mike!!

Unfortunately I don't believe that Arecibo, a Brooklyn based car service can legally do a job wholly inside of NJ....

I use Arecibo 7187836465 which you call when you are getting off.

you can have Cadman Plaza Car service meet you as well. These are local Brooklyn car services and know the Brooklyn Red Hook terminal well.

Smeyer418 -- DW, DD, and I are sailing out of NYC in June and have a lot of time on our hands after the cruise (our flight doesn't leave LGA until 4:40pm). We would like to get a car service, store our bags in the trunk, and do the "touristy" thing in NYC (Ground zero, Central Park, other commonly-visited sights). Do you think the service you mention be up for something like that?

It would be a few hours of "Take us here and wait" and "OK - now take us here and wait."

What are your suggestions?

Thanks!

Sea Hound:D

Smeyer418 -- DW, DD, and I are sailing out of NYC in June and have a lot of time on our hands after the cruise (our flight doesn't leave LGA until 4:40pm). We would like to get a car service, store our bags in the trunk, and do the "touristy" thing in NYC (Ground zero, Central Park, other commonly-visited sights). Do you think the service you mention be up for something like that?

It would be a few hours of "Take us here and wait" and "OK - now take us here and wait."

What are your suggestions?

Thanks!

Sea Hound:D

either can do the job if they want. You should call and ask. I personally think you will have a more understanding at Cadman but call and ask both for an estimate and then decide.

Mike!!

I use Secaucus Taxi for ALL my transport needs out of NJ. They have arranged small vans, a large bus one time and they often transport me from Port Newark/Elizabeth/Bayonne to my office in the Bronx. I have found their service reliable, flexible and accommodating.

I usually use Carmel and have never had a problem with them, although other people on these boards have. Next time I am going to try Arecibo based on Smeyer's recommendation.

Never had a single problem with them until about a year ago when they stood me up for an airport (Newark) pickup. Then, when I cancelled the return trip from Manhattan to Newark Airport, they sent three cars to pick me up.

I've been using Dial 7 very successfully with them. Love them.

I have not used Arecibo.

I usually use Carmel and have never had a problem with them, although other people on these boards have.

I have used Carmel numerous times with no problems at all. http://www.carmellimo.com/

I have also used "Dial 7" with no problems, either. (just used them yesterday as a matter of fact from downtown NYC to JFK....they were prompt and courteous as usual.) http://www.dial7.com/

Archived