Formal Night Poll

Sky Sweet

What do you usually wear on formal night?  

371 members have voted

1. 1. What do you usually wear on formal night?

• Tuxedo
    • Dark Suit
    • Light Suit
    • Evening Gown
    • Black Cocktail Dress
    • Cocktail Dress that is not black
    • Crepe Pants with a dressy top
    • Silk pants with a dressy top
    • Causal clothing in an alternate dining venue
    • Other - explain below

I've been considering posting here for quite a bit. However, a quick review of other posts on clothing indicates that this is really a hot flash issue for some people, and I guess many of us in the minority have no desire to get flamed for our opinions.

I don't pay much attention to what folks are wearing. I am happy to sit at dinner next to someone who

1) bathed

2) converses well

3) is not loaded with perfume

4) listens well

5) has good table manners

6) doesn't tell off-color jokes

7) doesn't complain about everything and anything

8) laughs at my jokes!;)

Can I bring this list to my TA and request tablemates that follow the list.:D

Sky, I hate to burst your bubble, but I just looked at the poll numbers this morning and what you are quoting is way way off, 28% say they will wear a tux and 21% for the formal gown.:confused:

Terrydx....You are going by the percentages of all who voted while I only cosidered gender for determining who dressed in the most formal option for their sex.

Since I assumed that only women wear evening gowns, cocktail dresses, and pants with a fancy top, I did not consider those categories when calculating the percentage of men who responded to the poll.

Similarly, I did not include tuxes or suits when calculating the percentages of women who responded to the poll.

59% of the 156 men who voted in the categories designated for formal men's attire chose tuxedos, the most formal category for men.

44% of the 170 women who voted in the categories designated for formal women's attire chose everning gowns, the most formal category for women.

I have a feeling that if I did this poll a few years ago, the percentage for evening gowns would be much higher, while the alternate options for formal attire for women would be much lower.

Note: These percentages are different from the ones on the chart because the numbers on the chart reflect everyone who voted, without accounting for gender.

Archived