Formal Night Poll

Sky Sweet

What do you usually wear on formal night?  

371 members have voted

1. 1. What do you usually wear on formal night?

• Tuxedo
    • Dark Suit
    • Light Suit
    • Evening Gown
    • Black Cocktail Dress
    • Cocktail Dress that is not black
    • Crepe Pants with a dressy top
    • Silk pants with a dressy top
    • Causal clothing in an alternate dining venue
    • Other - explain below

My husband wears a tuxedo on formal night.

Until recently, I wore evening gowns, but now prefer to wear a black cocktail dress.

I find shopping for a nice evening gown these days to be a challenge because most of them are either frumpy or look as if they were designed for a high school prom. On the other hand, I find it relatively easy to find beautiful cocktail dresses that look chic and are age appropriate for a baby boomer.

IMy husband wears a tux one night dinner jacket the next. I wear long skirt with dressy blouse sometimes beaded. On informal I wear a long dinner suit most of the time sometimes a short dinner suit. We love dressing up!

I wear a tux for 2 formal nights.If there is a third I'll wear a Blue Blazer and nice shirt and tie.I enjoy formal nights but more than 2 a cruise takes away from the special feeling of dressing up.....................Frank:)

Tux and a dress. Tux for me and dress/gown for DW:)

Same for us

Our bos wore tuxedos as well--we just had 3 formal night and then on Chirstmas eve -we ate at Ocean Liners and the guys all wore their tuxedos--Looked and felt great.

Our teens wanted to keep theirs!

My husband always wears a tux, but changes his formal shirts between the wing tip collar and a pointed collar. With the wing tip collar he wears bow ties, and with the pointed collar, he wears a formal tie (is it called a four in hand - not sure).

I don't care for the gown look for myself, so I usually choose 3 piece formal outfits consisting of either long shirts; pants with an overlay; silk or crepe slacks, and matching beaded shells and jackets.

For informal evenings, we both dress in suits. We love dressing for dinner, also.

Mary

Looks like the alterntive dressers don't want to get in on this. Too bad, I would like to hear their perspective, even if I don't likely agree with it.

Naw, I don't think we should wake them. They'll just start one of those "no one is gonna tell ME what to wear" hissy fits and it just isn't worth it. For that matter, there's always NCL!

Nonna and Papa, we would love to dine at your table!

I can't really vote since I wear more than one outfit. We usually take cruises with 2 or more formal nights. Some nights I wear a long evening dress, the other I will wear silk pants with very dressy top and if there' s a third I will will something other than the two previous outfits.

After our second cruise my husband purchased a classic black tux. He wear that on formal nights.

Because neither of us enjoys getting dressed up, on formal nights we head for the buffet. I wear a silky shirt over a shell with black pants and my DH wears a collared shirt and nice slacks. That's pretty much what we wear any night, actually. We wouldn't think of going into a dining room dressed in jeans and tee shirts--we aren't slobs--just don't like to dress up.

Jean

Do you find it easier to find your clothing for formal nights at boutiques or department stores?

There was a time when I bought almost all of my formal clothes at boutiques, because they had a much better selection, but in recent years most of the ones that I loved in our area have closed.

Archived