Wine/Liquor near LAX or San Pedro Pier??

Joyce B.

Is there anywhere we can get some wine nearby for our cruise? We will be staying at the Hilton at LAX the night before our cruise.

Have already checked West Coast Departures thread and couldn't find any info.

Thanks!

If you are driving to the port, there is the Harbor Market/Liquor just a block past the cruise terminal gate, on the right hand side of the road, in the same plaza as WestMarine.

I am sure a shuttle driver would run you over there too, it is 30 seconds out of the way.

Or, up on Gaffey St, 1/2 mile north paralleling Harbor Dr there are a few like Cabrillo Wine and Spirits,(Gaffey and 10th, I think)with a better selection of premium type wines.

Is there anywhere we can get some wine nearby for our cruise? We will be staying at the Hilton at LAX the night before our cruise.

Thanks!

RALPHS

500 N SEPULVEDA BLVD

EL SEGUNDO,CA 90245 US

PHONE: 310-615-0537

You can do Yahoo!Map and see how far it is from Hilton at LAX. I think it's less than 10 minutes away by cab. If your hotel has courtesy shuttle to the Manhattan Beach Village Mall, take advantage of it. There is a Ralph's there too.

RALPHS FRESH FARE

2700 SEPULVEDA BLVD

MANHATTAN BEACH, CA 90266

Store Phone: 3105462472

Ralph's sells wines and soft drinks.

HTH.

Thanks!

RALPHS

500 N SEPULVEDA BLVD

EL SEGUNDO,CA 90245 US

PHONE: 310-615-0537

You can do Yahoo!Map and see how far it is from Hilton at LAX. I think it's less than 10 minutes away by cab. If your hotel has courtesy shuttle to the Manhattan Beach Village Mall, take advantage of it. There is a Ralph's there too.

RALPHS FRESH FARE

2700 SEPULVEDA BLVD

MANHATTAN BEACH, CA 90266

Store Phone: 3105462472

Ralph's sells wines and soft drinks.

HTH.

In San Pedro you can go to Von's (supermarket) at 12th & Gaffey, a quick cab ride from the pier. I think there's also a Rite Aid drugstore on Gaffey, where you can find wine & spirits as well.

I find that Ralphs has higher prices and not as good a selection as Von's, especially if you have a club card (Safeway is the parent company) and buy a 6-pack, which gets you an extra 10% discount.

If you have your own car and have a few (20 or so) extra minutes, go to Beverage Warehouse in Marina del Rey. They have a huge selection of wine and a very knowledgeable and friendly staff.

What about stores near San Pedro?

Try Trader Joe's in Rancho Palos Verdes (about 5 minutes from the pier) ... if you've never been, do not overlook "2 Buck Chuck" ... actually very good wine. They have spirits, too.

Look under "Los Angeles -- South Bay" for the map:

Welcome to Trader Joe's - Your Neighborhood Grocery Store - Locations

Try Trader Joe's in Rancho Palos Verdes (about 5 minutes from the pier) ... if you've never been, do not overlook "2 Buck Chuck" ... actually very good wine. They have spirits, too.

Look under "Los Angeles -- South Bay" for the map:

Welcome to Trader Joe's - Your Neighborhood Grocery Store - Locations

Although I love Trader Joe's (I shop at the store in RPV), IMHO Von's has surpassed them with their wine selection and prices.

Although I love Trader Joe's (I shop at the store in RPV), IMHO Von's has surpassed them with their wine selection and prices.

Hey, Critterchick, not to nitpick but I am pretty sure the "better to be thought a fool..." quote is Abe Lincoln. Or was "Mark Twain" Lincoln's pen name? :rolleyes:

Anyone know how far Von's in San Pedro is from the Crowne Plaza there? Walking distance? I've got all morning.

If you have all morning....lol....about a mile and a half, but its thru some pretty rough neighborhoods, so I would take a bus or cab, personally. Unless you want to pick up some drugs, or a quick date. LOL

Anyone know how far Von's in San Pedro is from the Crowne Plaza there? Walking distance? I've got all morning.

Call the Crowne Plaza and see if they have complimentary van service within a certain radius. We're staying at the Doubletree and they have a van that will take you places within a five mile radius.

Hey, Critterchick, not to nitpick but I am pretty sure the "better to be thought a fool..." quote is Abe Lincoln. Or was "Mark Twain" Lincoln's pen name? :rolleyes:

I checked a few sources and have seen it attributed to both of them. I prefer to think that Mark Twain said it, but included "attr." after because the actual source is unclear.

According to Mapquest, it's 1.03 miles to Von's. I wouldn't walk it either mainly because I wouldn't want to be carrying the stuff back back with me. During the daytime the neighborhood is a little rough around the edges, but not quite a shanty town.

I checked a few sources and have seen it attributed to both of them. I prefer to think that Mark Twain said it, but included "attr." after because the actual source is unclear.

According to Mapquest, it's 1.03 miles to Von's. I wouldn't walk it either mainly because I wouldn't want to be carrying the stuff back back with me. During the daytime the neighborhood is a little rough around the edges, but not quite a shanty town.

Okay, Twain it is.

And I didn't mean to imply it was a shantytown, but I don't tend to walk around, and I keep a boat at Cabrillo. But every time I go down Pacific I see less than savory looking characters on the corner. On the other hand, I don't recall hearing a lot about street crime, so maybe it's just me being paranoid. lol

Okay, Twain it is.

And I didn't mean to imply it was a shantytown, but I don't tend to walk around, and I keep a boat at Cabrillo. But every time I go down Pacific I see less than savory looking characters on the corner. On the other hand, I don't recall hearing a lot about street crime, so maybe it's just me being paranoid. lol

I certainly wouldn't walk it at night. And I wouldn't want to be walking with a lot of packages because it would tag me as a tourist ("Nobody Walks in LA" is pretty much true, after all). So I think we agree that the OP should take a cab or see if the CP has a shuttle that will drop her off and pick her up.:)

Archived