Just started WW and need support!

Peaceful-your loss might not seem like a lot but just think 3 or 4 weeks straight with a loss like that will get you alot closer to your goal! I haven't lost anything in the last few days...I weigh myself everyday to encourage myself more and it helps me but it's frustrating when you don't lose as much or as fast as you would like but you have to be patient.

Homebody-Where in Jersey are you? I am in Central Jersey also! It's hard but if you are determined to lose it really determined like I am this time...you will. I have 4 more weeks til my cruise and I was hoping to lose more by now but oh well I figure if I have another 4 weeks like my first 3 weeks then I will be somewhat satisfied...I won't be less then I was on my last cruise only what I was on it and that will help because I can fit into my clothes...then after that I have another one in November that I have to work for...for that one I want to look amazing!

Work hard and it will be worth it in the end!

Hello everyone.. Great job to you all. I just weighed in tonight and lost another 1.8lbs so that takes me to 6lbs in two weeks. Not much but its wonderfull so far especially where I havn't been exercising at all. I would really love to lose at least 25 before my cruise but we'll see. Maybe if I start exercising. :rolleyes:

Hello everyone.. Great job to you all. I just weighed in tonight and lost another 1.8lbs so that takes me to 6lbs in two weeks. Not much but its wonderfull so far especially where I havn't been exercising at all. I would really love to lose at least 25 before my cruise but we'll see. Maybe if I start exercising. :rolleyes:

That exercizing thing is the hard part after a long day at work my daughter wants me and only me and after I am done playing, doing homework, feeding, bathing, putting her to sleep I am in no way able to get the energy to exercize. I actually fell asleep with her tonight when trying to get her to sleep. It's rough! But that's the good thing about WW you don't HAVE to do it but it would help it go faster. I would love to be able to have the time and energy to do it but just can't. Congrats on your loss that's great! I am down 10 now and personally don't feel it in the clothes yet but I feel it on my body when I am dressed if this makes sense...I kind of see it because my belly was protruding a little and now it's not woohoo!!!We can do this!

Hi All after a few weeks of resisting temptations like McDonalds, Ice Cream, moms cooking, and chocolate a few times...I gave in tonight...why you ask? Stress! I was upset with DH and went out to eat with DD and we went to her favorite place-Red Lobster. I swore I would be good there and at first I was I got a broiled dish and a salad...then came the dreaded rolls and I couldn't say no...I had 2 of them...DD does not help she is 7 and doesn't understand how hard it is and begs me to eat things with her and due to the situation I gave in and she was just as happy as I was while I was eating...afterwards I told her we would go home and she could have her own ice cream at home and she insisted on getting an amazing desert that they offered and begged me to help her eat it...well again I couldn't resist! I did this another day this week but wasn't so bad today I was just so upset I did it and although I enjoyed it at the moment I regret it now and am very upset with myself. I dont' think I ate enough to have a gain this week but don't think I will lose anything..although wouldn't be surprised if there was a gain. I have been working so hard and this is my 3rd week into it and down 10lbs and was hoping to be down at least anoter 2 and ruined it this week. DH now wants to make up his issues with me by taking me out to a steakhouse tomorrow and I told him I will go but that I must stay on my plan because I can not fall off now 10lbs is a lot for me to throw away and we are leaving in 4 weeks for our cruise and I was hoping to be down another 10 by then. Wish me luck that I will not stress eat again and that I will be able to have the will power to do it.

Hi All after a few weeks of resisting temptations like McDonalds, Ice Cream, moms cooking, and chocolate a few times...I gave in tonight...why you ask? Stress! I was upset with DH and went out to eat with DD and we went to her favorite place-Red Lobster. I swore I would be good there and at first I was I got a broiled dish and a salad...then came the dreaded rolls and I couldn't say no...I had 2 of them...DD does not help she is 7 and doesn't understand how hard it is and begs me to eat things with her and due to the situation I gave in and she was just as happy as I was while I was eating...afterwards I told her we would go home and she could have her own ice cream at home and she insisted on getting an amazing desert that they offered and begged me to help her eat it...well again I couldn't resist! I did this another day this week but wasn't so bad today I was just so upset I did it and although I enjoyed it at the moment I regret it now and am very upset with myself. I dont' think I ate enough to have a gain this week but don't think I will lose anything..although wouldn't be surprised if there was a gain. I have been working so hard and this is my 3rd week into it and down 10lbs and was hoping to be down at least anoter 2 and ruined it this week. DH now wants to make up his issues with me by taking me out to a steakhouse tomorrow and I told him I will go but that I must stay on my plan because I can not fall off now 10lbs is a lot for me to throw away and we are leaving in 4 weeks for our cruise and I was hoping to be down another 10 by then. Wish me luck that I will not stress eat again and that I will be able to have the will power to do it.

Nothing is ruined...maybe postponed. If we can get out of the mindset that we ruin our "diet", we can never fail. Count the points, use your Flex points, take a walk and earn more, ride your bike, scrub a floor, make up for them, count them, and move on to the next thing.

In my experience of doing this WW program, I have found that if I just don't bring up that I am on a diet, I can eat the things I should eat, make the choices that I know are best, and claim that I am too full for dessert, "whew, did that dinner fill me up!!!" If someone else insists, have A bite, smile and say it is great, but gosh am I full. No one can challenge your determination if they don't even know you are determined.

If your DH doesn't get it, in truth he doesn't have to get it. Keep it to yourself. That's the beauty of WW. Come here for support, go to a meeting, or go online to the site. Don't wait for someone else's approval of what you choose to do. Even a 7 -year-old can understand being too full.

That being said, how I wish I could always follow my sage advice. I'll be back for you to remind me of my words at some point, I'm sure.

Enjoy this day. Bonnie

Hey fellow jersey girl. I live in Aberdeen, where are you? Don't beat yourself up about yesterday you can't do anything about it and today is a new day. I have been having trouble getting started. It is always rough for me the first couple of days doing WW, I start out strong but then fall back into old habits by mid day. I forced myself to track what damage I did and was surprised it wasn't as bad as I thought. Yeah it ate into my flex, but, oh well. It is counted. I bet if you count all that you ate it won't be sooo bad. The way I see it is, I have 15 years of bad habits to try to change, it is not going to happen over night.

Today is day 3 for me and I am really trying to stay on point. I had breakfast, which always makes me hungry by 10-10:30 and I fought to not pick on anything bad until lunchtime. At 11 I couldn't stand it so I had a big bowl of baby carrots, 11:30 I had a can of Progresso Vegtable soup (2.5 for the whole can). I feel pretty good now, and will wait until I get hungry again before having the rest of my lunch.

If we all stick together we will all make it. Just remember nobody is perfect.

Have a fresh start today.

Hey fellow jersey girl. I live in Aberdeen, where are you? Don't beat yourself up about yesterday you can't do anything about it and today is a new day. I have been having trouble getting started. It is always rough for me the first couple of days doing WW, I start out strong but then fall back into old habits by mid day. I forced myself to track what damage I did and was surprised it wasn't as bad as I thought. Yeah it ate into my flex, but, oh well. It is counted. I bet if you count all that you ate it won't be sooo bad. The way I see it is, I have 15 years of bad habits to try to change, it is not going to happen over night.

Today is day 3 for me and I am really trying to stay on point. I had breakfast, which always makes me hungry by 10-10:30 and I fought to not pick on anything bad until lunchtime. At 11 I couldn't stand it so I had a big bowl of baby carrots, 11:30 I had a can of Progresso Vegtable soup (2.5 for the whole can). I feel pretty good now, and will wait until I get hungry again before having the rest of my lunch.

If we all stick together we will all make it. Just remember nobody is perfect.

Have a fresh start today.

Thank you so much for the support!! I am actually about 15 minutes away from you and have family in Aberdeen! I am in the Eatontown/Ocean area!! Too bad your not closer we could have gone to meetings together. So far today I have done ok, I had a yogurt and a 6pr dinner adding me to 7pts now at 2:30pm which is not bad for me...I am not an early eater I am a late day/night eater so I have to save my points. I am sure that within the next hour I will get hungry and find myself a nice little 2pt snack that I can eat and will be good until dinner. My issue with WW is that usually if I have a big dinner i am not hungry the rest of the night at all..but with WW I have these small dinners and I am hungry all night snacking on all kinds of things..it just sucks but I guess it's what is better since it has worked thus far!

I'm not a morning eater either. I am trying to do it now because they really recommend that you eat breakfast. If I don't have breakfast I am not hungry until about 1:00 in the afternoon when I would have a decent lunch, and that helps me through my rough time which is between 2 and 6. I almost never eat after dinner, that is probably the only bad eating habit I don't have lol. Oh well.

So far today I have been pretty good. Its dinnertime and I have enough points for dinner and maybe a cup of hot chocolate later while watching American Idol :rolleyes:

I'm not a morning eater either. I am trying to do it now because they really recommend that you eat breakfast. If I don't have breakfast I am not hungry until about 1:00 in the afternoon when I would have a decent lunch, and that helps me through my rough time which is between 2 and 6. I almost never eat after dinner, that is probably the only bad eating habit I don't have lol. Oh well.

So far today I have been pretty good. Its dinnertime and I have enough points for dinner and maybe a cup of hot chocolate later while watching American Idol :rolleyes:

I have been doing a WW yogurt in the morning I like the Amaretto Cheesecake and strawberry ones so it's one point and I like that it's only 1 point because then I can save my points for later on when I am actually hungry...in the morning I usually have to force feed myself it's terrible...

I am also not much of a morning eater. Normally, I don't eat until about 10:30 or 11 a.m. Hmmm, maybe we who want to lose should see some kind of theme here....

I have been having one poached egg with 2 slices WW toast with Smuckers sugar free jam. Poached eggs are quick and easy if you have a poached egg pan. I cook for 4 mins, serve in a cup, and eat it with a spoon. 4 mins just leaves the smallest amount of yolk uncooked. S&P and yum. (3 pts) I also have tea with skim milk (1 pt)

Around noon time, I have a WW yogurt with 1/3 cup of All Bran (thanks to someone who posted on this thread earlier). The 13 gm of fiber negates the 1 point of yogurt, therefore it is essentially not counted (at least I don't count it). That fiber keeps me full until I have a piece of fruit around 3ish. It's nice and crunchy with the bran. I have added a banana. I drink 10-12 8 oz glasses of water.

Now, I have a good number of points for dinner and dessert. My DH gets so many more points than me that it was making it hard for us to share the same dinner. The routine that I have established now keeps me feeling satisfied (notice I don't say "full") until dinner. I do usually have one glass of wine in the evening before or during dinner.

Have a good day everyone. Thanks for the input from all of you. Bonnie

I think I will have to join you guys. I cannot get anyone to join me from home I am cruising 9-27-08 on the Glory. I need to lose alot of weight but my first goal will be 10lbs and so on. I will weigh myself today go to the weight watchers and get a couple snacks cause I like them and start tomorrow am. My other goal will be to start walking. Heres looking at a successful year for all of us.

Cruisinjerseygirl - Great web site you shared with us. Lots of helpful info on there!! Thanks for passing it along.

Weighed in today - lost 3 lbs. Can't really tell anywhere that I want to anyway!! But I'm sure it'll come along!

stephanie76 - welcome! My friends and I walk 3 nights a week - 5 miles - at our local mall. It's been great. I think that's help me with my weight loss. Good luck!

Pmoniz- I know it doesn't seem like anything...I am down 10lbs and just this week did I start to feel skinnier..not that I feel it in my clothes but I feel like a sense of relief as wierd as that is lol! It will take a while but I have to say that I LOVE this feeling and this is more of a reason to keep it going... I want to feel really skinny haha!

I would love to join your thread and give/get support for my WW endeavor! My husband has been deployed to Iraq for the last 11 months (only one to go) and we have scheduled our first cruise to celebrate his return. I want to lose about 20 pounds before we leave for the cruise (August). Plus, we want to get pregnant when he returns...so I need to lose the weight before gaining baby weight :)

I have been on WW for 2 weeks. The first week I lost 5 pounds, but then travelled for work for a week. Tonight I had gained 1.4 pounds (thought it would be more!). I am back on track now!

Looking forward to great tips & conversations!!

Hello again everyone!! Long time no post. I do have a question for some of you. What do you do if your meeting is canceled due to weather? Ours was canceled tonight and I am really scared about getting on my scale at home but I really want to know if I have lost. See I havn't gotten on my scale in over two months. Would you all risk getting on the scale at home or would you just wait till next Monday for the next meeting? :confused:

Hello again everyone!! Long time no post. I do have a question for some of you. What do you do if your meeting is canceled due to weather? Ours was canceled tonight and I am really scared about getting on my scale at home but I really want to know if I have lost. See I havn't gotten on my scale in over two months. Would you all risk getting on the scale at home or would you just wait till next Monday for the next meeting? :confused:

Welcome Army Wife! Of course you can join us! The more the merrier! I must say that you are somewhat lucky that you are alone right now because less people at home to tempt you...I have a hard time with my 7 year old dd thinking it's funny to try and tempt me and throw things in my face..other family members live with us and my gosh they eat so unhealthy and that is tempting...as well DH works out daily and has an amazing physique he eats pretty healthy for the most part but he likes to eat and also does not deny himself anything so it's really hard to stay on track when they are all around. That's why my weekends are rough but my weeks when I have to work are easy because I am alone in my office all day with my computer and TV and my WW books and frozen dinners lol! Congrats on your great loss and good luck and check in with us!

Now to you tooexcitedtogo-I would NOT weigh myself on the home scale if I havent been using it. I did that my first time around on WW and it would really play tricks with my head. Just go to the next meeting that they have even if it's not for another 3 days and then get back on your regular schedule...if you can't do that then wait the week...it's not worth the disappointment either way..figure this if your scale is off and it tells you that you are 4lbs lighter this week and you go to the meeting and find out you are only 2lbs lighter you will be upset. If it is off and tells you that you are 2lbs heavier you will be upset until you go to the next meeting...just wait as hard as that is. What you can do for next time though is as soon as you get home from your next meeting go home and get on your house scale and compare the weights so that in the event you miss another meeting you know how off your scale is from the one at the WW.

Now just a little tip for you all...I don't know how many of you like those chinese noodles on salads but I LOVE them...today I figured I would try sprinkling some all bran on my salad with chicken instead and see how it tastes...it was pretty good and high in fiber! Just thought you might want to try it...I might start sprinkling all bran on everything hahaha!

Welcome Army Wife - that's great that your husband will be home soon!! God bless him. You'll find plenty of support here and helpful tips! Good luck!!

tooexcitedtogo - I would wait to weigh myself too! If you've been weighing in on the scale at the meetings, I'd stick to that scale!! Cruisinjerseygirl is right! Good luck!

I am glad, let me know how it goes...

BTW We went out to dinner tonight and I had my choice so I figured we would do Applebees because it has the WW menu and as well the dining out guide only lists about 4 resturaunts in my area the rest I have never heard of so I am limited and it sucks...I will have to complain because I have never been an applebees fan but after tonight I will never go again. I would compare the food to dog food! I didn't eat half of my dinner because it was so disgusting and I at that point felt disabled because there was such a limited menu and everything I tried was terrible!

So I didn't use all of my points for the day because I literally lost my appetite..not to mention that although our waiter was super nice he sucked lol he took forever just to take our drink order, then to bring our food, and even to bring the check. I asked for it and it was literally 20 minutes before he came back with it! I would much rather sit home and eat my ww frozen dinners!

I haven't posted for a while and just wanted to check in. At my weigh in on Sunday, I lost 1/2 pound. That is just fine with me, because at 9.5 lb I can sure see a difference in my clothes (I am only 4'11").

My husband has been doing alot of cooking this past couple of weeks and has been going to a website called "threefatchicksonadiet" and has found some really killer recipes. I am so blessed that he likes to cook.

Keep up the good work, everybody! Bonnie

I haven't posted for a while and just wanted to check in. At my weigh in on Sunday, I lost 1/2 pound. That is just fine with me, because at 9.5 lb I can sure see a difference in my clothes (I am only 4'11").

My husband has been doing alot of cooking this past couple of weeks and has been going to a website called "threefatchicksonadiet" and has found some really killer recipes. I am so blessed that he likes to cook.

Keep up the good work, everybody! Bonnie

Congrats on the loss!!! Good job! I wish DH would cook for me! I will also have to get that book after my applebees experience I was down about diet and healthy foods really.

As for me I am down 2lbs this week for a total of 12lbs since Jan 1st! So now I am leaving in 24 days and will work hard on getting off another 10lbs but not sure that I will get there...I will try though!

Archived