9:10 am flight?

Missty, I would never try it. You have to get off the ship, get to the airport, check in, go through customs, etc. They require 2 hour check in before a int'l flight. It's cutting it more than close. :eek: You'd be a neverous wreck. It's not worth the stress IMO.

I would do a later flight. Mine is 1 p.m. and I'm thinking that's cutting it close.

I'm not even going to attempt catching the 11:30am flight (the only flight to JFK from Barcelona each day on AA) after I get off the Brilliance in Sept. I'm going to stay an extra day and then get up the next day and get to the airport early without the hassle of getting off a ship first. Less stress!

It used to be on the board that people were concerned about catching a 1 pm flight then it went to 11:30 am,and NOW 9:10 am...wow.The questions about making the 1 pm flight were before all the TSA/delayed flights/crowds as they are now and even then it could be iffy..anything before 110 am (and that is pushing it at times ) is just plain crazy unless one can get off the ship the night before!!!

Last 2 trips through Barcelona, we were at the airport by between 8am and 8:30am. Once there, however, it takes a while to get checked in and to your gate. 9:10am would be cutting it way to close, but I would not be at all afraid to book an 11am flight.

Dave

Thank you all. I am going to find a later flight. I wasn't sure how far the airport was from the ships, as the papers state the ship is docked at 5:00am. I was thinking off at 6:00 then catch a cab to the airport. we are staying in Barcelona a few days before our cruise, so will fly home the day we are done crusing. Thanks for your help.

missty

We just ended our Brilliance cruise in Barcelona Dec. 2nd.

Even if the ship docks at 5:00 am you probably won't be off at 6:00 am. Maybe.

We actually decided to stay one night post cruise as we had the same dilemma. The only flight we could use points on was way too early.

We left our hotel Mon. morning in plenty of time to be at airport by 8:15 for 10:30 flight.

The Barcelona airport was crazy..... took forever to check in....then security.....then a very long walk to gate only to find out our flight was delayed a few hours :eek:

I would not book a flight out of here before noon if just getting off the ship...... just my opinion tho.

I always think what the consequences would be if you missed a bravely booked early flight.

If all it means is asking the airline to transfer you to the next available flight, then go for the early one - but if it means having to find a hotel for the night at last minute rates and not being able to afford a new ticket ..... then don't take risks that would end up spoiling your holiday mood.

Missy-

you will be fine. We had a flight at 906 and arrived SO early we slept for an hour. But you need to have a taxi waiting for you. Look up reporthoppas.com or cityhoppas.com it's an italian taxi site. We booked them and AS soon as we ported in BCN and (get off as walk offs) they were waiting at the doors for us. It didn't even take us 20 mins to get there and we had NO lines.

I would do it all over again. It wasn't that hard, I would have even booked 830am.

(we also docked at 5am, were allowed to self disambark at 645)

Archived