New Ship

hvsteve1

I agree with Travelcat2 about children cruising on Regent.

My husband and I were on the same December cruise as Wendy the Wanderer. The children that we experienced pushed in front of some people at the luncheon buffet, whined that they didnt like the food on their plates, and complained when I let an elderly couple off in front of me at disembarkation. We also saw 2 teenagers "Double Dipping " in the chocolate fondue bowl at the afternoon tea before 4 o'clock.

I'm all for children enjoying themselves, but as one lovely lady I spoke to put it--------I take my grandchildren on Disney cruises.

Maybe I'm just naturally skeptical, but I have to think this must be more of a marketing ploy to fill up a cruise, rather than a bona fide effort to reach out and tap the minds of loyal Regent customers. If Regent really wants to know what its customers want in a new ship, why limit discussion to and input from at most a couple hundred customers on a single cruise? Why not send out a detailed questionnaire, via mail or online? Why not offer a couple web chat Q&A sessions with Regent executives online? Why not send executives out on a number of spring cruises? If Regent really wants customer input, I'm confident many customers would be happy to chime in; asking customers to spend thousands of dollars on an additional cruise for the right to talk to the company somehow just rubs me the wrong way.

Maybe I'm just naturally skeptical, but I have to think this must be more of a marketing ploy to fill up a cruise, rather than a bona fide effort to reach out and tap the minds of loyal Regent customers. If Regent really wants to know what its customers want in a new ship, why limit discussion to and input from at most a couple hundred customers on a single cruise? Why not send out a detailed questionnaire, via mail or online? Why not offer a couple web chat Q&A sessions with Regent executives online? Why not send executives out on a number of spring cruises? If Regent really wants customer input, I'm confident many customers would be happy to chime in; asking customers to spend thousands of dollars on an additional cruise for the right to talk to the company somehow just rubs me the wrong way.

Regent executives pretty regularly join guests on cruises to gather information on likes/dislikes, etc. In 2007 we received at least two online questionnaires from Regent. I like your idea of an online questionnaire -- particularly if it were specific to the new ship. However, whatever is done pretty much has to be to customers. Although this particular cruise (during spring break) has been advertised as the one to go on to give your input, I'm sure they are receiving input from all of our TA's and customers that will not be on that cruise.

I also don't think this will cruise will be the only chance for people to give info. On that October cruise I was on, many spoke up, and I could tell that the officershad already heard a lot. While they passed the mike around as people raised their hand, certainly not everyone in the room got a chance to talk in that one session. A lot was learned in the listening, and my guess is that a lot that go will appreciate that aspect.

Cruiseej:

I must disagree with your skepticism regarding Regent motives to offer this opportunity during a cruise.

Although we've only been on one Regent cruise thus far (the first of many more to come), I think it's laudable that a cruise line would make senior executives available to meet and take suggestions/comments/criticism from the paying public. Although this alone certainly wouldn't prompt me to take that particular cruise, I'm impressed by Regent's accessibility. Frankly I can't think of any other large corporations which hold focus groups with customers such as this. If we were on this cruise, I'd welcome this opportunity for direct input and sincerely doubt that mainstream lines would ever reach out like this.

Archived