From Harwich, which is easier...

We will be arriving back in Harwich on a Saturday morning and will use a limo service to get us to the airport from the ship. We will plan on carrying our bags off the ship to expedite the departure. I can either fly out of Gatwick at 11am or Heathrow at 1:50p. Is one easier to get to than another? How long should I expect in transfer time to each airport? I know traffic is unpredictable, but being a Saturday, I would hope it should be light.

Thanks!

From Harwich on the East Coast, London Heathrow is nearer. I would estimate about 1.5 - 2 hours in a limo.

Not correct Jean

Harwich to Heathrow is 113 Miles and would take 2 Hours - 2.5 Hours Via Motorway

Harwich to Gatwick is 104 Miles and would take 1 Hour 45 Mins - 2 Hours Via Motorway

Although if you use minor roads avoiding any Motorways then Heathrow is ten miles shorter but would take 3 Hours - 3.5 Hours

We will plan on carrying our bags off the ship to expedite the departure. I can either fly out of Gatwick at 11am or Heathrow at 1:50p. Is one easier to get to than another?
On a Saturday morning, you shouldn't have any problems getting to either airport by road if you are on the move by about 8 am - barring any unexpected emergencies en route. But that would probably be too late for an 11 am flight from Gatwick, because it will take you two hours to get to either airport, and you need to allow for check-in time. So you'd have to be confident of being able to be off the ship and away earlier than that if you were to go to Gatwick. And that assumes that your ship isn't late arriving.

We will be arriving back in Harwich on a Saturday morning I can either fly out of Gatwick at 11am or Heathrow at 1:50p. Is one easier to get to than another? .

I have travelled regularly out of UK. I would not attempt Harwich to Gatwick for 11 am. Security searches take forever - don't give yourself a potential headache - leave after lunch.

We will be arriving back in Harwich on a Saturday morning and will use a limo service to get us to the airport from the ship. We will plan on carrying our bags off the ship to expedite the departure. I can either fly out of Gatwick at 11am or Heathrow at 1:50p. Is one easier to get to than another? How long should I expect in transfer time to each airport? I know traffic is unpredictable, but being a Saturday, I would hope it should be light.

Thanks!

We live 15 min from Harwich and we would go for the Heathrow flight - the traffic can be quite bad on the A12 (the major route from Harwich to the Motorways) even on a Saturday what with check in times to get the gatwick flight is pushing it a bit why give yourselves headache - more relax to go for the heathrow flight - have a great cruise and when you past Colchester shout us a Hello

Lesley

Archived