Carnival Victory- is a balcony worth it?

sekhmet101

I'm really the kind of person that is never in my hotel room. Since this is our first cruise, I'm guessing I will more often then not, be away from the cabin as well. Is it worth it to get a balcony room? DH wants it. I could take it or leave it. What do you think?

What is the reasoning that DH wants a balcony?

I can take it or leave it. Last cruise we didnt use it at all. But we are smokers so --

most balconies are very narrow. they hold two chairs and a small table.

Some people on the first cruise are taken back by the size of a balcony since they expect something they would see at hotels.

Your DH could use the balcony while waiting for you to get ready.

It is nice to watch the world slip by.

What is the reasoning that DH wants a balcony?

He's a smoker (although he's hoping to quit by then) and I'm not so he can sit out there and smoke instead of having to find somewhere on the ship that will allow it. He also thinks it would be nice since hes not sure when we'll cruise again.

I can take it or leave it. Last cruise we didnt use it at all. But we are smokers so --

most balconies are very narrow. they hold two chairs and a small table.

Some people on the first cruise are taken back by the size of a balcony since they expect something they would see at hotels.

I didn't realize they were that small.

Your DH could use the balcony while waiting for you to get ready.

It is nice to watch the world slip by.

Thanks for the info!

We must be the only people who are in and out of our cabin all day lol. I read posts constantly from people that say they are rarely in their cabins. Even on port days we might go out and do some excursion or whatever in the morning, so back and have lunch on the ship and stop in the cabin and then I go back out to wander in the port or find a internet cafe or shop a little.

Whenever I say I love seeing out and we love OVs, 3 more people will post after me they prefer a dark inside cabin. I must be the only one who likes to relax for an hour with a book in the cabin and watch the ocean. My sister doesnt like being in the "wind", the ocean breeze. I keep trying to tell her most people want that ocean breeze but I cant convince her that having her hair blown is a good thing lol.

Good thing they have cabins for everyone. We like OVs the best. I have found a few oversized OVs, like on Lido deck on Princess. Many OVs have more floor space than balcony cabins because you have all the floor space. A balcony part of the floor space is devoted to the balcony so you actually have less s.f. in the cabin part.

I hardly ever see anyone else who prefers OVs though, so we must be in the minority.

not realizing the balcony was that size---

Bet ya thought you could be laying out there on lounge chairs etc?

here is a picture of balconies with the dividers opened-- this is 3 or 4 balconies together.

97763190sANsUO_th.jpg

here is one balcony:

2657235320085301487wRmDRM_th.jpg

Archived