Summit - Caribbean itinerary questions

jnv

We are on the Summit in 6 days, can hardly wait, 1st time Celebrity so anxious to give it a try. We have never been to Bonaire, Grenada, or Dominica, just wondering if any recent cruisers have tried any of the tours offered at those ports and if so comments on what is best to do at those ports. Thanks for any info - we are counting the days!

We are sailing the week after you and have already booked reservations with Mandoo on Grenada and Beno on Dominica for tours of the islands. There apparently is little to do on Bonaire other than snorkeling and scuba, and many on the boards are upset that the cruise lines have begun including this island in many of their itineraries.

The reason we booked with Beno and Mandoo was the reviews written on this board about how good they are. Unfortunately, it may now be too late for you to make reservations with these people. Their good reputation and popularity causes them to book up completely several weeks in advance on many occasions. You may also try Reyno on Dominica - he is supposedly comparable to Beno.

I hope you enjoy your first cruise with =X=. You will be on the first Southern Caribbean intinerary of the year. We thought of booking that one instead, but decided to let the crew get into a set routine for a week.

I am traveling on Smmit later this year with this itinerary. Would you both be sure to post something about your experiences when you get back? I am sure there are many folks who would love to hear about this cruise.

Frankly, I like the idea of going to less busy, wall-to-wall tourist places (although the itinerary does include Phillipsburg on St. Maarten -- about the most touristy stop I can imagine!)

Sounds like a great trip, I have booked three tours through Celebrity. The Tree top tour in St Martin, The Emeral falls and river tubeing in Dominica, and the 4x4 jeep tour of Aruba. This is cruise fourteen for me so I like to do a few things but leave most of my time free. Would love to hear others feedback from their cruise.:D

thanks so much for the responses. I didn't realize we were on the first cruise to these ports. I will now be prepared for a few "glitches" at the ports, although I don't think we tender at any of them so that will be easier on the crew and on us! Thanks for all the ideas, I will check them out.

I guess that explains why I haven't seen any feedback on this itinerary!

I am looking forward to try Celebrity and I'm sure we won't be disappointed, when you live in Minnesota it's hard to have a bad day in the Caribbean!

Check out the thread "San Juan and South". It is all about the cruise we are going to take from San Juan on Summit 2/9/08. There is a lot of discussion about what to do, especially on dominica, grenada and bonaire. I think you will find the info helpful. enquiste

Hi JNV,

Have a great cruise and tell us all about it upon your return. I'll be on the same one this time next year. If you like to dive, do it in Bonaire. If you enjoy the beach, Bonaire has a beautiful pink beach near where they have a large ocean salt refinery.

Again, have a great time!!!!!

Barry

• 2 weeks later...

Oops, didn't realize you'd already left!

I was going to suggest Mandoo on Grenada and Reyno on Dominica (the highlight of our cruise!).

If you're interested, we blogged about this cruise- link is in my signature.

thanks so much for the responses. I didn't realize we were on the first cruise to these ports. I will now be prepared for a few "glitches" at the ports, although I don't think we tender at any of them so that will be easier on the crew and on us! Thanks for all the ideas, I will check them out.

I guess that explains why I haven't seen any feedback on this itinerary!

I am looking forward to try Celebrity and I'm sure we won't be disappointed, when you live in Minnesota it's hard to have a bad day in the Caribbean!

This is NOT the first time for Celebrity at Dominica and Grenada. We were on Galaxy last year and stopped at these ports. VERY nature orientated.

Archived