Margarita island, Venezuela independent tours

Iceman-007

when I was there last year I found a guy that gave us a very nice tour. He had a nice small minivan with AC, spoke good english and showed us around the island. It was a nice change from the big tours, as you can only seat 4 people in the van, but it was nice because we went to the places we wanted to go and didn't have to follow a particular tour. You can hire them by the hour or do a tour if you want, their prices were cheaper than the ship, and we had an excellent time. If you want to get in touch with them, their email is dxeccs@gmail.com

We had a great island tour. $20 ea...8 passenger Mercedes Van. Driver and english speaking guide. We got off the ship and were approached by a professional looking fellow who represented the tour company. They had 3 or 4 vans. I cannot remember the name of the tour company. There was no ship (Princess) excursion that sounded remotely interesting. in fact, they were actually discouraging, telling us that there wasn't much to do. We thought it was one of the better ports on our 10 night cruise.

Downtown was like any city, but the drive around the island was delightful. We stopped at the main tourist beach for lunch. We would like to go back and enjoy more of the beaches.

They have a nice pearl jewelry industry. The pearls are from local waters.

The 'T' shirt and craft kiosks at the dock, while typical of the Caribbean, do not impart any of the charm and variety of the rest of the island.

Finally, it seemed to us that the folks on that Island do not think much of the Federal government (Caracas) that is in the news so often these days. Otoh, a beer was 17 cents (usd) and gasoline was 35 cents a gallon.

We had a great island tour. $20 ea...8 passenger Mercedes Van. Driver and english speaking guide. We got off the ship and were approached by a professional looking fellow who represented the tour company. They had 3 or 4 vans. I cannot remember the name of the tour company. There was no ship (Princess) excursion that sounded remotely interesting. in fact, they were actually discouraging, telling us that there wasn't much to do. We thought it was one of the better ports on our 10 night cruise.

Downtown was like any city, but the drive around the island was delightful. We stopped at the main tourist beach for lunch. We would like to go back and enjoy more of the beaches.

They have a nice pearl jewelry industry. The pearls are from local waters.

The 'T' shirt and craft kiosks at the dock, while typical of the Caribbean, do not impart any of the charm and variety of the rest of the island.

Finally, it seemed to us that the folks on that Island do not think much of the Federal government (Caracas) that is in the news so often these days. Otoh, a beer was 17 cents (usd) and gasoline was 35 cents a gallon.

I thought the federal goverment was Venezula and caracas was a city??

Archived