private guide valparaiso, vina del mar, santiago

brandybit

we dock in valparaiso and would like to find a private tour of valparaiso, vina del mar, and santiago, finishing up at the santiago airport. Does anyone know of any private guides?

brandybit, we used Enaturchile but in reverse. They picked us up at the Santiago airport and took us on a tour or Santiago, winery, Renaca, Vina del Mar and Valparaiso on our way to the ship. www.enaturchile.com

• 2 weeks later...

We also used Victor at Enaturchile when we arrived into Valpariso after our 21 day cruise He took us to Vina del Mare, a winery and we had a tour of Santiago. We were staying at a hotel for the night and were dropped off there at 5.30pm. Next day we were picked up at 6am for our flight to Lima and Cusco.

The van was air conditioned, in good condition and there were 4 of us with all our luggage. I think it cost around $60 each.

Jennie

We also used Victor at Enaturchile when we arrived into Valpariso after our 21 day cruise He took us to Vina del Mare, a winery and we had a tour of Santiago. We were staying at a hotel for the night and were dropped off there at 5.30pm. Next day we were picked up at 6am for our flight to Lima and Cusco.

The van was air conditioned, in good condition and there were 4 of us with all our luggage. I think it cost around $60 each.

Jennie

Hi Jennie,

Everywhere I go on CC, there you are! How are you? How's Peter? Have you heard from Sandra?

I am going to contact Victor at Enaturchile about taking us on a tour when we go to Valpariso in Feb 2009 on the Splendor with Sandra. Thanks for the suggestion.

Take care.

Leslie

Hi Leslie,

Great to hear from you. Had an email from Sandra today. I expect that you received the same one! Peter is great. We are looking forward to our next cruise in April!

If you happen to recommend Victor to other passengers on your cruise, (eg. your Roll Call), you will get a 10% reduction in the cost of your tour/tours with him. I can also help you with other guides in Puerto Montt, Punta Arenas and B.A. if you are interested.

Jennie

• 2 weeks later...

Jennie -- We would love your recommendations for tour operators in Puerto Montt, Punta Arenas and BA.

We are on the Infinity March 15, BA to Valparaiso. Want to do a tour/transfer to our hotel in Santiago from Valparaiso on March 30. Any hel0 will be appreciated.

Mary

If you happen to recommend Victor to other passengers on your cruise, (eg. your Roll Call), you will get a 10% reduction in the cost of your tour/tours with him. I can also help you with other guides in Puerto Montt, Punta Arenas and B.A. if you are interested.

Jennie

Thanks for your informative post, Jennie. We are not going to SA for another year - but I am starting to research! Any recommendations for guides in Punta Arenas and BA would be appreciated. Do you suggest any ships tours? or all private?

Thanks,

Dot

We just returned from a trip around the horn that ended in Valparaiso with flights out of Santiago, and several different groups of us all ended up on private tours with enaturchile, (www.enaturchile.com). They have a number of tour guides who have lived in the US for many years.. our guide, Al, was born in Chile, but lived in New York for 17 years before returning to Chile a few years ago; he spoke perfect English and was very knowledgeable about the area we toured (Valparaiso and Vina Del Mar). We met 2 other groups from our ship at lunchtime who also booked with this company, and they were all happy with their guides too. They have vans large enough to accomodate groups of 4, 6 or 8 with a lot of luggage, you just need to let them know in advance the size of your party. I was in Santiago last year, so on this trip we chose to tour Valparaiso and Vina Del Mar for the day, then get dropped off at the airport for our night flight home. Other groups also stopped at a winery or did some touring of Santiago before being dropped at a hotel. The prices were VERY reasonable... for a group of four it was $320 for a full day (9am pickup, to 6pm dropoff); that didn't include cost of lunch, but we stopped at a nice restaurant across the street from one of the beaches where the food was nice, though not cheap ($100 for 5 incl tip -- think beach resort pricing

The contact we booked through is : Victor Aballai

Direct : +56 (2) 491-8224

Movil : +56 (9) 240-3159

victor.aballai@enaturchile.com

we dock in valparaiso and would like to find a private tour of valparaiso, vina del mar, and santiago, finishing up at the santiago airport. Does anyone know of any private guides?

We just returned from our cruise. We had a fabulous tour using Turismo Nuevo Mundo () that included Valparaiso, Viña del Mar, Wine tour/tasting & Santiago including an excellent 3 course lunch with pisco sours & wine. It also included admission to the Pre-Columbian Museum in Santiago and dropoff at the airport in Santiago. Our tour guide (Mayra) had gone to school in the U.S. and her English as well as the content of the tour she presented was excellent. She and our very nice driver went out of their way to make our tour exceptional. It truly exceeded all of my expectations. There were four of us and we all agreed that this tour was a highlight of our vacation. We had a very new van with working air conditioning. They have many different options available so you can customize to fit your interests. Hope this helps. Shirley

We just returned from our cruise. We had a fabulous tour using Turismo Nuevo Mundo () that included Valparaiso, Viña del Mar, Wine tour/tasting & Santiago including an excellent 3 course lunch with pisco sours & wine. It also included admission to the Pre-Columbian Museum in Santiago and dropoff at the airport in Santiago. Our tour guide (Mayra) had gone to school in the U.S. and her English as well as the content of the tour she presented was excellent. She and our very nice driver went out of their way to make our tour exceptional. It truly exceeded all of my expectations. There were four of us and we all agreed that this tour was a highlight of our vacation. We had a very new van with working air conditioning. They have many different options available so you can customize to fit your interests. Hope this helps. Shirley

Shirley...I have lots of questions for you.:o Was there plenty of room to store your luggage in the van? Would 6 people (and luggage) be too many for the size van you had? (We are trying to decide if we should invite one or two couples from our "meet and mingle" group to join us.) What time did you get to the airport and were there any good places to relax until your flight left? Also, approximately what did you pay for this excursion? We will be ending our cruise in Valparaiso on November 23rd, so any details that you can provide would be helpful.:)

Shirley...I have lots of questions for you.:o Was there plenty of room to store your luggage in the van? Would 6 people (and luggage) be too many for the size van you had? (We are trying to decide if we should invite one or two couples from our "meet and mingle" group to join us.) What time did you get to the airport and were there any good places to relax until your flight left? Also, approximately what did you pay for this excursion? We will be ending our cruise in Valparaiso on November 23rd, so any details that you can provide would be helpful.:)

The van that we had was very comfortable for 4 people with luggage. It would not accommodate 6 people comfortably, but they have larger size vehicles for larger groups. We were picked up at 8:30 a.m. and dropped off about 7:00 p.m. We were scheduled to be dropped off at 5:30 p.m. but we had not seen everything yet & our planes did not leave until 10:30 and 11:30 so they very kindly kept going for us. They made sure that we saw everything that we could see! We paid $120 per person which included everything (lunch, wine tasting, lunch) except tips. I would definitely try to get Mayra as your tour guide if you can as she was great. The more people the less expensive. They can give you quotes for varying numbers of people. The airport was a typical airport. If you have any more questions, I am happy to answer them. Shirley

The van that we had was very comfortable for 4 people with luggage. It would not accommodate 6 people comfortably, but they have larger size vehicles for larger groups. We were picked up at 8:30 a.m. and dropped off about 7:00 p.m. We were scheduled to be dropped off at 5:30 p.m. but we had not seen everything yet & our planes did not leave until 10:30 and 11:30 so they very kindly kept going for us. They made sure that we saw everything that we could see! We paid $120 per person which included everything (lunch, wine tasting, lunch) except tips. I would definitely try to get Mayra as your tour guide if you can as she was great. The more people the less expensive. They can give you quotes for varying numbers of people. The airport was a typical airport. If you have any more questions, I am happy to answer them. Shirley

sorry, meant to say included everything(lunch, wine tasting, & admission to the Pre-Columbian museum)

Transfer and tour from Valparaiso to Santiago: contact Alejandro Gomar his email is contacto@tourischile.com. Alejandro was the guide provided by Carla at aboutchile. Alejandro has started his own company and his prices are the same as aboutchile (which were the most reasonable we found). We were 10 people in a bus on our tour and transfer. We needed a larger vehicle because of luggage but the cost was $55 per person.

In Puerto Montt we used GV Tours gvstein@surnet.com

Punta Arenas: francesca_rhcp@hotmail.com

Montevideo our contact was Marta (her sister Noemi was our guide): msmtaiz@hotmail.com

We were very happy with all our tours. If you contact any of them please let them know that you heard about them on the CC website from Gail Silverman.

Web site is drawing a blank. Do you have updated info

Thanks

Transfer and tour from Valparaiso to Santiago: contact Alejandro Gomar his email is contacto@tourischile.com. Alejandro was the guide provided by Carla at aboutchile. Alejandro has started his own company and his prices are the same as aboutchile (which were the most reasonable we found). We were 10 people in a bus on our tour and transfer. We needed a larger vehicle because of luggage but the cost was $55 per person.

In Puerto Montt we used GV Tours gvstein@surnet.com

Punta Arenas: francesca_rhcp@hotmail.com

Montevideo our contact was Marta (her sister Noemi was our guide): msmtaiz@hotmail.com

We were very happy with all our tours. If you contact any of them please let them know that you heard about them on the CC website from Gail Silverman.

Try Alejandro at this address: guidetourismoaustral@yahoo.com the website is http://www.tuorischile.com

• 2 weeks later...

We just returned from the Splendour 15 nite member cruise yesterday. We had a fantastic private guide in Rio, MANU (manu@nextel.br.blackberry.com):D . We used GVStein in Puerto Montt and their teenage daughter was our guide:confused: :confused: .

We used Christian (christainroymx@hotmail.com) from Valparaiso to Santiago and can really say that he was nothing short of fabulous. He does have a very new, comfortable van, and speaks fluent english. It was a MOST enjoyable day with him:D :D !

Has anyone stayed at Valparaiso prior to or after their cruise? If so, where did you stay?

We stayed in Valparaiso for three nights post-cruise last month. We stayed at the Robinson Crusoe Inn http://www.robinsoncrusoeinn.com/, which is in a residential area on one of the hills. We enjoyed the view and walking the neighborhood, but there was only one near-by restaurant.

Most of the hotels in Valparaiso are small. It's worth a visit to TripAdvisor to check out the options. The hotel choices in Valparaiso are very different from Vina del Mar or Santiago. We liked it, but it's not for everyone.

Archived