Carnival Spirit-class 7A

staceyeileen

I am currently booked on the Miracle in cabin 5142. This is a balcony with view partially obstructed by the lifeboats. Now, I've done some reading on these boards and I know that the 3 aft lifeboats are taller than the rest, and therefore these cabins are actually slightly more obstructed than the other 7A's.... but going over the deck plans it appears that 5142 doesn't have much of a lifeboat in front of it and we may be able to see down as well as out. Is this accurate? I am also thinking of switching to cabin 5184 because it seems to lie between two of the smaller lifeboats. Do you think it makes a difference or am I over-thinking?

Id do a search for those cabin #'s on the carnival threads. thats how I found a picture of my cabin on another ship. I put the cabin # in the search on CC, clicked on the Carnival threads and then just clicked on the ones for my ship. Got lucky and found a picture

Yes, I agree, some are more obstructed than others. I think you can also call Carnival and the reps can tell you the percentage of obstruction. Dont say if you booked thru a TA, just say you were looking at a couple of cabins and ask the percentage of blockage.

387235121dzyGPY_th.jpg

these balconies are very narrow.

Your 5142 is at the area that is back further from the rest of the ship- your view to the right of you will be a wall.

When looking down you will see the "thingee" that holds the lifeboats.

344244281yChuIV_th.jpg

168882673xZtINQ_th.jpg

The liefboats will not hinder your view by looking strieght out.

whats the price difference to take the 8A?

Please do not confuse the view of a 5A compared to a 7A.

Calling carnival could net you different answers for the same question. Most of those people that answer the phones never even took a cruise on a carnival ship. If the amount of obstruction is important do not rely on asking carnival people.

8A price difference is $100/pp. Thanks for the pics. I decided to switch to 5184 due to the wall... good point.

for a 200 price difference have you thought about an 8A guarantee instead of a set cabin in cat 7A?

Archived