Should I Stay On Ship?

elou

If you walk up the pier and across the area where the excursions leave from and the container trucks line up to load/unload at the commercial pier you will find a great local market.

We enjoyed ourselves immensely walking around the market and got some great unique souvenirs to take home including coffee deans for $5.00 US a pound.

Worth the walk....completely safe....and a good time.

• 2 weeks later...
Costa Rica is a beautiful country. I would highly recommend that you go out and see some of it, even if for a short tour. The Tortugeuro canal boat ride would be my suggestion.

I agree. We booked a tour with Charlie Soto and it was the highlight of our trip. Costa Rica is beautiful.

Costa Rica is a beautiful country. I would highly recommend that you go out and see some of it, even if for a short tour. The Tortugeuro canal boat ride would be my suggestion.
we are traveling on feb 28th on the msc lirica and will be stopping in costa rica. could you give me some insite on the tortuguero canal and did you book from the ship or individual. what other ports did you go on. we also go to cayo levantado, cartagena columbia and panama canal. any info would be appreciated. thanks

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from Puerto Limon. Passed on the loud aggressive tour hawkers at the port and made some browny points with my DW by giving her time at the port market for a pedicure. There were three different booths setup for manicures and pedicures and they did a thriving business all day long with only two ships in port. (Now this is the market in port with security not the town of Limon's market, where your life may be worth what you carry in your pocket.)

In Costa Rica we booked okeydokey tours with Charlie Soto. It was a wonderful day out. We had a fascinating walk in the forest, a visit to a banana planatation, a trip on the canal where we saw lots of wildlife, lunch on the beach, an hour sunbathing. Then a ride high up to see the lovely views before being taken to the local supermarket to buy coffee. We still had time to visit the local market outside the port where there are many unusual souvenirs. we bought a beautiful picture made out of painted feathers! Costa Rica was one of my favourite ports.

In Panama we took the ships trip on the two Ocean Railroad. The train was opulent with carpets, leather seats and oak panalling. It was another wonderful day out. We enjoyed the train ride through the rain forrest and by the Gatun Lake and our visit to the Miraflores Locks immensely.

These are just my personal opinion but I hope it will help give you some ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived