For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Anyone who has been to Curacao?

Last time we stayed on the ship in Curacao, so this time we thought we should get off and see what there is to see...or sea. :o

We don't do the snorkle thing and I can't lay around a beach all day...sooooo our options are that great.

We love historical tours though.

Hi Sass,

Don't stay on the ship! Curacao is a fantastic port with lots to do that doesn't include the beach, in fact we rarely go to the beach when we are in Curacao in favor of walking into town. The walk from the ship into downtown is about 20 minutes or so - you can cross the water via a pontoon bridge or you can take a 5 minute ferry ride. A must see is the floating market - almost all of the produce is brought in by boat from Venezuela :)

The duty free shopping is awesome, and there are some really nice cafes by the water where you can stop for lunch or a cold drink.

There are also many tours of the island offered through RCI - so much to do!

wow i've been on these boards for a few years and I never saw you change your avatar Robyn LOL

You're right - I never have :o

I decided that I like to put faces with names......so other people probably want to do the same!

I'll change it back eventually......:rolleyes:

Last time we stayed on the ship in Curacao, so this time we thought we should get off and see what there is to see...or sea. :o

We don't do the snorkle thing and I can't lay around a beach all day...sooooo our options are that great.

DON'T stay on the ship in Curacao. This is an awesome port and I always look forward to stopping there. The port area itself is beautiful and fun to walk around. Depending on what kind of things you like to do you could make a trip in the morning to Hato Cave which I found very interesting and then you could spend the afternoon around the port. On another stop there we did a morning trip to the Aloe Plantation and Ostrich Farm (which are next to each other) and I found them both very interesting also. And, again, you could spend the afternoon in the port.

If you stay on the ship you will be missing a great port that is safe and has very friendly people.

Sass: We're on the same cruise as you and we plan to use Curacao as a "roaming around town" day. Maybe we'll bump into you and we can reminisce about the Packer Super Bowl win a few weeks earlier...;)

Sass: We're on the same cruise as you and we plan to use Curacao as a "roaming around town" day. Maybe we'll bump into you and we can reminisce about the Packer Super Bowl win a few weeks earlier...;)

Let's HOPE we can do that...I think we can.... I think we can!! Sunday night was a killer on my nerves and um my head Monday morning. WOO HOOO Go Packers!!

OceanBoy I agree with you, I am going to re-look over the options when I get home tonight.

Very well expressed! Thank you, well said. :) A vacation is what you make of it. No matter where you go, some people are rude, but it is easy staying away from whomever you dislike. Ships are packed with people, and very seldom do we see the same people; some people just love to complain and dwell on the negative... you covered this situation in an excellent manner. Also, English is not the only language spoken in the world, although some people we have encountered think it is... and we could enrich our life by learning a few other languages.

I think this thread is long overdue.

Each week I see at least 2-3 posts regarding the Adventure of the Seas, people who have booked and are now afraid they made a mistake - and people who have yet to book, that may not ever book because of what they read on here.

As many of you know, I have cruised on the AOS 3 times and have had wonderful cruise vacations on all 3. I am sailing again next month on my 2nd B2B on the AOS and I am eagerly anticipating another fantastic cruise! :)

Here are a few commonly asked questions about the AOS:

Q: Does the AOS have a large amount of Puerto Ricans sailing on her for most cruises?

A: Yes, there are Puerto Rican's on cruises out of San Juan. It is their home port and I would be very surprised if they weren't.

Q: Are the announcements in Spanish as well as English?

A: Yes they are. Is it an issue? No.

Q: Are Puerto Ricans rude and rowdy?

A: No more rude and rowdy than other passengers I have seen on other ships and other itineraries. Puerto Ricans are a lively bunch :)

Q: Is the AOS a sick ship, or more prone to Noro than other ships?

A: No. The AOS has as much chance of a noro outbreak as any other ship in the RCI fleet.

Q: I have booked the AOS and after reading negative reviews, I want to cancel - what should I do?

A: You can cancel you cruise if you want, but you will be missing out on a fantastic cruise on a great ship sailing on a wonderful itinerary!

I do understand that some people have had negative experiences on the AOS - but the same can be said for any other ship. There will always be people cutting in line, pushing elevator buttons, chair hogging and the list goes on......unfortunately, some people like to leave their manners at home :(

My experiences have been terrific on the AOS and I would encourage anyone to sail on her and see for themselves what a great ship she is!!

Yes....I am an AOS cheerleader, and proud of it!!!

It's one of those days when the hours are creeping by and all I can think about is warm Caribbean sunshine! Toronto is expecting some snow tonight :rolleyes: but I will be dreaming of my ship.......until tomorrow morning when I have to brush all the snow off my car and freeze my fanny off until it warms up :eek:

31 sleeps 31 sleeps 31 sleeps 31 sleeps 31 sleeps!!!!!!!!

We just got off Adventure on Sunday. The current captain, who started on January 2 is Johan Ole Gronhaug. The current CD is Anna Bass. She is a relatively new CD having been promoted recently. She was very energetic.

We just got off Adventure on Sunday. The current captain, who started on January 2 is Johan Ole Gronhaug. The current CD is Anna Bass. She is a relatively new CD having been promoted recently. She was very energetic.

Gronhaug??? Hope the ship doesn't keep ending up back where it was the day before.

(Bill Murray reference).

Wonder if Anna Bass is related to Sal Bass.

ckrobyn will get the Seinfeld reference...;)

Thanks - I think he was the Captain of the Navigator when I sailed her last January.

Thank you

Gronhaug??? Hope the ship doesn't keep ending up back where it was the day before.

(Bill Murray reference).

LOL

KRAMER: Jerry, are you blind? He's a writer. He said his name was Sal Bass. Bass, Jerry! Instead of salmon, he went with bass! He just substituted one fish for another!

JERRY: Look, you idiot, first of all, it's Salman, not salmon!

bobj

(Bill Murray reference).

Schmoopie you are hysterical!!!!!!

I read your post aloud so my family could hear and we are all howling!!!!:D:D

Thinking about booking the Eli Eco Tour in Antigua, not sure which stops we want to do the beach - are there any you recommend over others at any of the stops - it may help narrow down my choices ...

And where are you looking forward to going shopping? Being from Toronto - I'm sure you will know where the deals are ... my sister lives in TO

Thanks

Archived