For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

I have heard that sometimes the Voyager class ships cover the skating rinks with a large dance floor for a special dance evening. Does anyone have experience with this on AOS? Because we are travelling with a dance group we are hoping for some "real" dance time like we are used to on ships like the QM II. We understand that RCCL is not an orchestra and ballroom cruise line - but we are hoping for a special night during the transatlantic.

Also - does anyone know how to contact the ship to ask if this is possible on the May transatlantic - if for no other reason than to break up the 13 days a little.

Hello Lorey,

If it isn't too much trouble I would love to have copies of the daily compass for the AOS ...I am sailing on 3/20/2011 and we are doing the Barbados, St. Lucia, Antigua, St. Marteen, St. Croix trip.... email..jgallo@rivervalleyarc.org

Thanks,

Jodi

The Compasses I have are for the Curacau, Aruba, Dominica & St Thomas itinerary do you still want them?

Hi there! We are on the AOS on 3/13 to Aruba, Curacao, Dominica, and St. Thomas. Could you please email the Compasses to me as well? Thanks so much! jaredandjenni@yahoo.com. This will be our first cruise in 10 years so I'm sure a ton has changed.

There are so many requests to email Daily Compasses - is there a place to just post them? Otherwise - I would love to see the Compasses from past Adventure transatlantic crossings. I do not think the 7-day compasses would help for planning purposes - but I could be wrong. I would appreciate any insights.

I would love to see the compass if you wouldn't mind emailing it to me as well. We are cruising AOS on April 10th. Also, Anyone have suggestions on things to do in Aruba, Curacao or Dominica? Thanks so much! meredithw05@gmail.com

Hi, my family and friends are on AOS March 13 doing the same itinerary. We spent a lot of time checking out excursions. We have decided to find a cab in Curacao to go to Porto Mari; on Aruba we are going with a jeep excursion, booked privately as the RCI one was unavailable; in Dominica we are again going privately; and in St Thomas we booked Trunk Bay with RCI. The private ones we found by searching through the ports board. We are looking forward to all of them! Just can't wait for it to get here. Why is it that a work week can be sooo slow, and a holiday week goes by in the blink of the eye!!! Hope this helps, I will post how they go, especially the private ones.

There are so many requests to email Daily Compasses - is there a place to just post them? Otherwise - I would love to see the Compasses from past Adventure transatlantic crossings. I do not think the 7-day compasses would help for planning purposes - but I could be wrong. I would appreciate any insights.

I tried to post them here on this thread but evidently I didn't do it right because it didn't work:confused:.

I'm back!!!!!!

Hi everyone :) Just off a glorious 2 weeks on the Adventure of the Seas! We had a fantastic B2B cruise - both weeks were spectacular in every possible way. The weather was absolutely perfect and I am sporting a lovely tan in the great white north!

I will definitely post lots of information about my 2 weeks onboard, but here are a few highlights that cannot wait.....

I received an invitation to dine at the Captain's table for the 1st Formal Night of my 2nd week onboard :D It was a fantastic experience and I will post more details....

I also recevied an invitation from the Captain to join him and his team on the Bridge for sailaway from St. Maarten!!!!! I think this was even more spectacular than the dinner!!!!! It was amazing to be on the bridge listening and watching as the orders are given to various people to prepare the ship for sailaway. I took a lot of pics and will try and post them as soon as possible. Our flight landed at midnight last night and I am still trying to catch up on life!!!

Stay tuned......:):)

I'm back!!!!!!

Hi everyone :) Just off a glorious 2 weeks on the Adventure of the Seas! We had a fantastic B2B cruise - both weeks were spectacular in every possible way. The weather was absolutely perfect and I am sporting a lovely tan in the great white north!

I will definitely post lots of information about my 2 weeks onboard, but here are a few highlights that cannot wait.....

I received an invitation to dine at the Captain's table for the 1st Formal Night of my 2nd week onboard :D It was a fantastic experience and I will post more details....

I also recevied an invitation from the Captain to join him and his team on the Bridge for sailaway from St. Maarten!!!!! I think this was even more spectacular than the dinner!!!!! It was amazing to be on the bridge listening and watching as the orders are given to various people to prepare the ship for sailaway. I took a lot of pics and will try and post them as soon as possible. Our flight landed at midnight last night and I am still trying to catch up on life!!!

Stay tuned......:):)

Can't wait for you new review. We will be sailing her Feb 2012

Hi Robyn, from a fellow Canadian, I can't wait to hear all about it. We leave this Friday AM. Any chance of some info prior to that...nothing like pressure. :) We were on AOS last year and loved it. We are doing opposite itin so excited to hear anything about Barbados route. Thanks.

Hi, my family and friends are on AOS March 13 doing the same itinerary. We spent a lot of time checking out excursions. We have decided to find a cab in Curacao to go to Porto Mari...

Hi 3catspluszee - we are on the same cruise with you and are planning the same excursion for Curacao. Looking forward to seeing you at the beach!

I'm back!!!!!!

I had a great week on Adventure (20th - 27th), there were 13 of us Canadians and we had a blast !! Thank you to everyone that posted "helpful hints" for my cruise, I'm sure it won't be my last. The room was clean, the food was excellent - we ate all dinners in the main dining room (6:00 seating), 2 breakfasts in the main dining room, room service (1 morning) and all other snacks, lunches and breakfasts in the Windjammer. No complaints about any of the service or quality/quantity of choices. We did not purchase the pop card, my husband only drank 3 cokes all week. The water is fine to drink (and I drink alot of bottled water at home) the ice tea is brewed - unsweet (thats how I drink it) but others can add sweetner. The promenade on deck 5 also had snacks/coffee/tea/water at all times. I have to say I was disappointed that a non-smoking floor allows smoking on balconies - I didn't realize that when we booked and we had smokers on both sides of us so it wasn't always nice to sit out on the balcony, now I know to choose an inside/outside room next time - save some money. All the crew were wonderful, our waiter Gennadiy was the best, our pool waiter "Vic" always looked out for us and so did the bartender/waiter in the Schooner Bar for Trivia every night that was fun. Antonio was our Stateroom attendant and he was very nice. It was nice to be able to joke with our crew, they put in long hours and we made them feel appreciated. I hope everyone has as great a week as what I (we) did. Happy Cruising .... :D

Archived