For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

Warm wishes to you all.

discover.jpg

Thank you for a very beautiful picture!!! I can tell you that if it hadn't been for following Ocean Boy and Robyn and their passion for sailing on the Adventure and out of San Juan, we wouldn't have tried it finally last February. So yes, next week we are bringing family with us and can't wait for them to see another part of San Juan other than Old Town.

The people were so awesome to us except for our poor experience at the Comfort Inn. So this year trying another hotel.

Amazing news about embarkation! Thanks for your run down of activities, we booked a beach excursion in St. Kitts through RCI, looking forward to it as we have never been there before.

This time next week it will be meeeeee!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whoo Hoo!!!!!!! an early embarking!!! finally!!!!!

that's all us Robyn!!!

I see that you are broadening your horizons on this trip and stepping out of your comfort zone.;):p

Be off the beach before the sun goes down. That is when the creatures of the night take flight.;)

I just read your post to my whole family :) We unanimously thank you for the afternoon chuckle!!!!

Robyn......We only do beaches in all the ports. One of my favorite places to go in Barbados is Accra Beach. But have the taxi driver drop you off at the far end of the beach at the Bar Kenai. Walk on down to the bar and rent your chairs and umbrella from them. Anything you buy at the bar.....drinks/food etc. comes off that chair rental. Good deal. Go early to get a good spot and if you get lunch there.....order early as it can get busy. I love it there. I would avoid the Boatyard at all costs! Here are a few pictures from Accra Beach:

ExplorerHoliday2010179.jpg

041.jpg

045.jpg

043.jpg

030.jpg

037.jpg

I would also heartily recommend Accra Beach! (Locals also call it Rockley Beach, so a taxi driver may know it by that name) There is a great, (but expensive), restaurant called Sugar Reef Bajan Bistro there so you can ask to be dropped off there so you know you are in the right spot. There are also tons of food vendors in the area for cheaper fare.

Toonjie,

Is that Accra Beach less crowded? Also do you remember how much the chair rental and taxi ride cost? I'm thinking about going to that beach. Your pictures are beautiful. Thank you for sharing.

Yes, it is less crowded than beaches closer to the pier. Taxi should be around $15-20 each way. Those aren't my pictures, but I do have some in my AOS album if you click the link in my signature.

On my way to San Juan on Thursday!! Spending the weekend at the Marriott Stellaris :)

I received my email from the Concierge last night - looking very forward to meeting her, and of course seeing DeDe again :D

CKROBYN's GOING HOME to the ADVENTURE OF THE SEAS!!!! :p:p

On my way to San Juan on Thursday!! Spending the weekend at the Marriott Stellaris :)

I received my email from the Concierge last night - looking very forward to meeting her, and of course seeing DeDe again :D

Robyn ... have a wonderful time! (How can you not on our favorite ship!!) We are down to 22 days till we go to San Juan & the Marriott Stellaris .....

This weekend will need to check that everything fits ... if it does shopping is complete!

My DH & I will be visiting Robyn in her "home" for the same 2 weeks. YIPEE!!!!!! See you real soon, Robyn.:D

YAYYYYY!!!! I am SUPER-EXCITED for you Robyn! :D And it is making ME super-excited for MY upcoming cruise on YOUR ship! ;) I depart for San Juan in 45 days! Yee ha!

I have to agree with you on sailing from San Juan. i did a b2B last March and I am doing the same thing again this March. I noticed one thing while cruising in march. The spring break with different parts of the US has an effect on who is there. The first week there were 1200 children. However, we never saw them unless they were in a guided activity with staffor with their families. It was great. The second week an older set of teenagers some trying to prrchase alcohol. The bartenders would all card them and they would just walk away. There were no problems. I am so looking forward to returning to the ship. If anyone does go be sure to sign up for the Meet & Mingle.

h2nd

Bon Voyage, Robyn! Have a wonderful trip!

bobj

YAYYYYY!!!! I am SUPER-EXCITED for you Robyn! :D And it is making ME super-excited for MY upcoming cruise on YOUR ship! ;) I depart for San Juan in 45 days! Yee ha!

Thanks Bonnie :) If you have any questions, or want pictures of anything specific - let me know, I'm happy to do it for you. You have been a source of constant information for so many of us here on CC, it is the absolute least I can do ;)

Thanks for the good wishes!!!!!

Thanks bobj :D I sailed on the FOS last Feb and missed the AOS, so this cruise is even more exciting!!!

If you haven't done it before, be sure to take the all-access tour! It gives you exposure to more of "your" ship then any other tour you may have done before, I think you would get a big kick out of it.

Enjoy!

bobj

If you haven't done it before, be sure to take the all-access tour! It gives you exposure to more of "your" ship then any other tour you may have done before, I think you would get a big kick out of it.

Enjoy!

bobj

I've heard about this tour.....never booked it because I have done several tours of the Bridge, the galley, the theatre etc. Does the all access include other places onboard? If so, I may consider it :rolleyes:

I've heard about this tour.....never booked it because I have done several tours of the Bridge, the galley, the theatre etc. Does the all access include other places onboard? If so, I may consider it :rolleyes:

Yes, it gets all those in some detail, plus the engineering control room, the laundry, the kitchen stores area (picture cooler after cooler of foodstuffs!) and the environmental area.

I had also seen a number of those in prior tours, but this was a far more in depth review of how the ship/hotel works. I just think you would get a kick out of it.

But whatever you do, enjoy!

bobj

rOBYN we arev sailing on March 3rd and are staying at same hotel so would love any info on everything you think would be helpful Thanks Gary:)

Gary - I have stayed at the Stellaris many times, and it is a great property. The lobby area has been completely renovated and the rooms are also very clean and modern. The location on the Condado cannot be beat with a Walgreen's across the street, Starbucks, Wendy's, Haagen Daz and a bunch of other great restaurants and shops. The only real downside I can see, is that the ocean behind the hotel is not really swimmable as the waves and undercurrent are very bad almost all the time - the red flag is always flying as a warning :cool:

I will be starting a LIVE thread soon - so be sure to check in as I will try and update daily :)

It looks like you will have some good flying weather tomorrow. Have a great trip. On Saturday evening March 2 you and I will actually be on a cruise ship at the same time! And I get to spend a few hours in San Juan on March 7.:)

Thanks Ocean Boy - am I ever going to learn your real name? :rolleyes:

We are beyond excited about this cruise! On March 2nd I will think of you enjoying a lovely day onboard ship with your family - is there anything better??? I will wish you Bon Voyage now as I may not have the opportunity before you depart. Safe travels and have a fantastic cruise on the Indy!! :D

Archived