For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

I carried my passport with me off the ship in every port and did not once need to show it to get back on the ship. Maybe it depends on who is working the security gate as to why it differs from sailing to sailing?

They were accepting other picture ID but seemed happier with passports. I've been told to take ID on other cruises at other ports and all we ever had to show was our Sea Pass card. I agree that it varies from port to port and from security guard to security guard.

We still need picture id getting off the ship.....correct?

You will have to have your Sea Pass card as they log everyone off and back on to keep track of all pax.

They always tell you to take a picture ID and seapass into port. You don't really need the Photo ID to get on the ship but you might need to have it to get onto the dock. Most times we never need to show our picture ID. Each port is different so you never know. It is always important to have picture ID with you in port in case of an emergency or you miss the ship. A passport would be best but you should at least have a DL.

Oh my !!!! forgot lol. Why yes sailing on AOS May 11. Happy Mothers day to my beautiful wife the mother of our 2 wonderful children who by the way will be sailing with us along with 9 other family members.

We leave in 18 days!!! WOOHOO!!!

RCI always tells you to take a picture ID with you in addition to your Seapass, and it is in the Compass, also, but on our last cruise, we took our passports, but weren't asked for photo ID at any stop.

Would it be possible to make a 9:10 AM flight upon returning to San Juan on AOS? We have 2 nonstop flights to Houston to choose from, 9:10 AM and 4:30 PM.

Would it be possible to make a 9:10 AM flight upon returning to San Juan on AOS? We have 2 nonstop flights to Houston to choose from, 9:10 AM and 4:30 PM.

Possible yes, but I don't like the odds. And the stress could haunt you during the trip... relax and take the later flight. There are some very reasonable excursions offered that end at the airport, including one to the rainforest.

Possible yes, but I don't like the odds. And the stress could haunt you during the trip... relax and take the later flight. There are some very reasonable excursions offered that end at the airport, including one to the rainforest.

Hi Tex Jen

I can ensure you that you are going really enjoy yourself on the Adventure of the Seas. It is a marvellous ship and the crew are courteous, polite and friendly, they always greet you with a smile every time and they make sure that you are comfortable on your cruise.

Cruise taken

Adventure of the Seas - 21/10/2008

2 weeks from Sat. will be flying to SJ...and 2 weeks from Sunday will be on my 1st Adventure cruise...:D

Robyn, someone was asking the other day if AOS rents snorkle gear for use off the ship... I told her to find you... did she?

2 weeks from Sat. will be flying to SJ...and 2 weeks from Sunday will be on my 1st Adventure cruise...:D

Robyn, someone was asking the other day if AOS rents snorkle gear for use off the ship... I told her to find you... did she?

Congratulations on your 1st Adventure Cruise. You are going to have a great time. It is indeed a lovely ship and the crew are splendid.

Cruise taken

Adventure of the Seas -21/10/2007

Hi Tex Jen

I can ensure you that you are going really enjoy yourself on the Adventure of the Seas. It is a marvellous ship and the crew are courteous, polite and friendly, they always greet you with a smile every time and they make sure that you are comfortable on your cruise.

Cruise taken

Adventure of the Seas - 21/10/2008

Thanks for the well wishes. Being that this is my third cruise in a row on the Adventure, I'm looking forward to returning. I have had the most fun on this ship and now have some good friends coming with me.

Jen

That is cutting it way too close. I was moved to that early flight a few years ago and when I called Continental to explain I was coming in to San Juan on a cruise ship, they very quickly changed me to the later flight. Enough said.

Enjoy your cruise. As you can tell, I love to cruise from San Juan and the Adventure is one of my faves.

Jen

Yes she did. Unfortunately, I don't have the answer to that question as I don't snorkle :rolleyes: One of these days I will........I promise ;)

Has anyone stayed in JS 1312 and was you disappointed with the balcony? I've heard the balcony on this cabin may be partially obstructed.

My parents had JS 1312 and it was a good cabin. One caveat to keep in mind - there is NO walk in closet!!!! 1312 is a connecting cabin and the door is where the walk in closet should be :rolleyes: I thought the balcony was fine and did not notice any obstructions at all.

Is there separate check or waiting room in San Juan for JS catagory ior is just for GS and above....???

I hate lines!

There is a suite guest/Platinum/Diamond check in line at the pier, although I have never seen anyone use it? We usually get to the pier at about 10:00am and there are only about 20 others there so we have never had to use the priority check in. I think if you plan to arrive after about 11:30am you may want to take advantage of priority boarding as the lines are long at that time - or so I have heard from others.

Archived