For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

This thread needs to move back to the front page. I'm very close to my trip on AOS, Robyn. Staying in your favorite hotel, the Marriott Stellaris. The staff here are so much like being on the ship. Very willing to be of service.

Have a good week! I don't promise to let you know how it is going on the ship since I usually get absorbed in the fun. ;)

Jen

This thread needs to move back to the front page. I'm very close to my trip on AOS, Robyn. Staying in your favorite hotel, the Marriott Stellaris. The staff here are so much like being on the ship. Very willing to be of service.

Have a good week! I don't promise to let you know how it is going on the ship since I usually get absorbed in the fun. ;)

Jen

Bon Voyage!!!! 4 more weeks and I will be saying the same thing!!!:D Review upon return will be great!

Jen

3 weeks to go for us!!!!! We're at the Marriott pre-cruise as well. Can't wait, we've finally got decent weather here in the Northeast! I'm actually in shorts today! :)

There is a suite guest/Platinum/Diamond check in line at the pier, although I have never seen anyone use it? We usually get to the pier at about 10:00am and there are only about 20 others there so we have never had to use the priority check in. I think if you plan to arrive after about 11:30am you may want to take advantage of priority boarding as the lines are long at that time - or so I have heard from others.

Happy Saturday Robyn:)

Thanks for the Compasses. Coming in real handy. Do you really get the pier at 10:00 am? What time do they start boarding? We were planning on 11:30 or so but after reading this we are going to up that time a little. THANKS!!!

Dale

Happy Saturday Robyn:)

Thanks for the Compasses. Coming in real handy. Do you really get the pier at 10:00 am? What time do they start boarding? We were planning on 11:30 or so but after reading this we are going to up that time a little. THANKS!!!

Dale

Hi Dale - Happy Saturday to you too!

Boarding has always started at about 11:30 am so that is the main reason we are at the port so early. Besides, for me, the excitement really starts as soon as I see the ship!! :)

In 23 days we will be in San Juan - I am getting so excited to be on the AOS and have enjoyed reading this thread.

Prices- This cruise was a great bargain for us - I booked a year ago and the price of our category went up 550.00 pp and is now sold out. We paid the same for a JS that we paid for a balcony on the Explorer for our first cruise. Such a great reason to book early and if the prices drop your TA will always give you the lower price.

Good Grief! How did this thread end up on page 7???? :eek:

Has anyone checked out the prices for November 2008 sailings of the AOS?? Right now the residency discount for Canadians is awesome!!!:D

You should book it!;)

Can't wait to see you in August!!:D

Listen Missy - YOU should be sailing with me in November :mad: BUT.....I will forgive you for jumping ship since I will be seeing your smiling face in Orlando this August!!!!LOL

I don't think we are going to switch from the Mariner to the AOS in November......I do love the AOS, but I want to sail the Mariner one last time before she leaves Port Canaveral. Besides, I will be on the AOS in early 2009 so that is making the decision a bit easier.

DH and I are sailing on AOS in September. Our second time since our honeymoon in 2004. This will be our first time in a Grand Suite. What are our benefits for this. Does the Grand Suite have a flat screen tv? I love this thread!

DH and I are sailing on AOS in September. Our second time since our honeymoon in 2004. This will be our first time in a Grand Suite. What are our benefits for this. Does the Grand Suite have a flat screen tv? I love this thread!

You will love your GS!

We had GS 1324 a few years ago and enjoyed it :) You will have Concierge Lounge access (the key will be waiting for you when you get to your cabin). A plate of sweets including chocolate covered strawberries will be delivered to your cabin on one of the formal nights. You will have upgraded bathroom amenities (lotions, cotton balls etc). Lots of space in the GS, including a bar area (not a wet bar though). No, the AOS does not have the flat panel TV's in their GS's yet (our friends had a GS in March and they had a regular TV) There are speakers for the TV and DVD system on the ceiling - so the sound is good! There is also a full cross the room privacy curtain.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Robyn,

I used some of my Marriott points and booked two rooms (the second room for my sis, the Cruisnfool) at your favorite, the Marriott Stellaris, prior to our cruise on March 15, 2009.

Now my sis is so impressed with the pics and your report she is trying to figure out a way to stay two nights!

you flying in day before or day of?

Dessert....I can't wait til flourless choc cake night:D

We are flying in two days before, how about you guys?

My favorite is the Gran Mariner Souffle but if the menus stay true to recent posting the first night is Tiramisu which is in my top 3!

Hey Robyn,

I used some of my Marriott points and booked two rooms (the second room for my sis, the Cruisnfool) at your favorite, the Marriott Stellaris, prior to our cruise on March 15, 2009.

Now my sis is so impressed with the pics and your report she is trying to figure out a way to stay two nights!

Guaranteed you will LOVE the Stellaris!!!! If you like Japanese food, try the restaurant right next to the hotel, I think it is called 'Blossom' - they have the cooking tables and their steak and shrimp is awesome!

If you can swing 2 nights, do it!!! :D

Hey Robyn,

I am more of a steak and Italian food guy. I really enjoy Portofino's! My sis was wondering if the beach outside the Stellaris was suitable for typical Caribbean sunbathing and swimming, or is it a little too rocky for such an endeavor?

Hey Robyn,

I am more of a steak and Italian food guy. I really enjoy Portofino's! My sis was wondering if the beach outside the Stellaris was suitable for typical Caribbean sunbathing and swimming, or is it a little too rocky for such an endeavor?

The beach is perfect for suntanning - but beware of the tide. Apparently there is at least one drowning a year because of the waves and undertow. As long as you stay in the shallow water, you should be fine :)

There is an Italian restaurant at the Stellaris, so you are in luck! It is called Tuscany and although I haven't tried it - a friend of mine did and really enjoyed it.

Portofino is awesome - try and book Wednesday night as it is the weakest menu in the dining room. We loved the filet and the shrimp at Portofino, as well as the seafood skewer. Desserts are wonderful too!!!!:D

Hey Robyn,

Thanks for the update. I will probably visit the Tuscany, and I am sure we will now try that beach.

Staying an extra night looks like a problem. Marriott wants $379 per room to add to our reservation. We could do a Priceline or some other, but what a drag!

Archived