For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

I'll be thining of all of you. We leave tomorrow for San Juan, and sail on Sunday. Happy Mothers Day to all. I will give a report of our cruise when we return.

Sealeggs

Have a super Mother's Day aboard the AOS!!

I will be getting on the ship when you are getting off!:D:D

DH and I have connecting Grand Suites with my DS and BIL. Do you know if the divider between the balconies of connecting rooms can be taken out? We would love one huge balcony. :)

Unfortunately the balconies do not open up :(

We will be leaving in 72 days!!! :D :D :D That's in 11 weeks. :eek:

But who's counting... :rolleyes:

Anyone out there want to join our active M&M? Just pop on over, we would love to have you join us.

We sail the week after you :)

Anyone else out there on our sailing, please join us on our Meet and Mingle thread.

We are also looking for anyone who wants to do a day sail with Rumbaba on Aug 2 from St Thomas. Sounds like an amazing day but they need minimum of 4 passengers, maximum of 6, to do this trip. We are only 2. Anyone want to join us?

I can't believe the day is finally here!!! We are almost all packed and heading out to the Sheraton after lunch so we'll be closer to the airport for our 6:00am flight to San Juan!!! I'll be back with a full report after our 4 day post cruise at the Wyndham Rio Mar, but I'll try to check in and let you know how it's going in the mean time. I hope to visit and post reports on as many of the resorts in San Juan as I possibly can. Stand by for all the news!

I can't believe the day is finally here!!! We are almost all packed and heading out to the Sheraton after lunch so we'll be closer to the airport for our 6:00am flight to San Juan!!! I'll be back with a full report after our 4 day post cruise at the Wyndham Rio Mar, but I'll try to check in and let you know how it's going in the mean time. I hope to visit and post reports on as many of the resorts in San Juan as I possibly can. Stand by for all the news!

Hope you read this before you leave...

Have an AWESOME cruise!!!!! :) :) :)

Hope you read this before you leave...

Have an AWESOME cruise!!!!! :) :) :)

Thanks! I did. We just got our rental car and are all packed. A quick lunch and we're off to the Sheraton. Will try to keep you all posted as we go!

Plane got in at 9:30 am, (a little early), we got our car from Charlie Car Rental and were at the Marriott in under an hour! Weather is awesome. We have a great ocean view room at the Marriott on the 17th floor. Marriott is perfection as always, what a great staff!!!! Heading to the pool and to find the lady who sells empanadas on the beach! :) :)

Plane got in at 9:30 am, (a little early), we got our car from Charlie Car Rental and were at the Marriott in under an hour! Weather is awesome. We have a great ocean view room at the Marriott on the 17th floor. Marriott is perfection as always, what a great staff!!!! Heading to the pool and to find the lady who sells empanadas on the beach! :) :)

Way too cool!!!

We are boarding when you get off!!!

Are you leaving us a daily report while you are sailing?

Are you at the Stellaris Resort or Courtyard?

I'm very jealous! I see you're from CT and I'm over here in Mystic and you're lucky your in San Juan because it's cold and poopy in CT today!!! Enjoy those emanadas and enjoy the AOS!! :D

Laura

We sail the week after you :)

Anyone else out there on our sailing, please join us on our Meet and Mingle thread.

We are also looking for anyone who wants to do a day sail with Rumbaba on Aug 2 from St Thomas. Sounds like an amazing day but they need minimum of 4 passengers, maximum of 6, to do this trip. We are only 2. Anyone want to join us?

Martin and Lindsey --

You are absolutely right about the daysail being an amazing day. We won't be on your cruise, but we did a daysail with another boat (the "Lou" w/Capt. Max) this past March and it was the highlight of our cruise. Rumbaba is just as good -- gets great reviews. Capt. Bobby might let you sign up and he can fill in other passengers if you don't come up with them. Try posting on the St. Thomas board -- lots of people there inquiring about daysails. Best, though, if your fellow daysailors come from your cruise so no possibility for scheduling conflicts (different ships in port for different hours). Have fun!

David

I wish they did too!

The airfare from Toronto to San Juan kills me every year!!! :D Oh well...the AOS is worth it!

We fly out of Buffalo - It is SOOOO much cheaper. You should check it out. US Airways flies with one stop in Charlotte typically.

I will only fly from Buffalo now. Small easy airport easy parking and easy drive home for us (to Oakville).

Even to Toronto - I'd give it a shot as it is a big difference in price.

Does anyone know which cruise port the AOS will be using for the May 10th, 2009 sailing ? I have been to both and prefer the one that is walking distance to all of the shops and resturants.

Is the RCCL Concierge Lounge in San Juan still open (a couple of blocks from the port) ?

Thanks !

Does anyone know which cruise port the AOS will be using for the May 10th, 2009 sailing ? I have been to both and prefer the one that is walking distance to all of the shops and resturants.

Is the RCCL Concierge Lounge in San Juan still open (a couple of blocks from the port) ?

Thanks !

I do not believe it will the port near Old SJ. Are you on the May 10 sailing? If so, I have started a roll call, you should join!

I just did the AOS in January/February with a very disabled aunt and we had a blast. I have cruised the Explorer 4 times as well. Comparitively, I had a better time and found the staff on AOS VERY VERY friendly and accomodating. They went beyond their job descriptions to help my newly wheelchair boud aunt learn how to get around with her chair. Incidently, I was on the Explorer a few years ago when the big outbreak of Noro hit it. All in all, I dont see the truth behing the negative AOS comments.....its all about your attitude. You get what your looking for and there will be times that bad things come up, but you have to remember it can be on any ship.

Will the concierge on the AOS be contacting us prior to the cruise?

Can't remember if this is OS and above or does this include GS too?

Yes, the Concierge will contact you by email before the cruise :D Usually sometime the week before.....Anyone in a GS or above :)

Archived