For all those who have booked or are going to book the AOS - read this!

ckrobyn

I will be platinum by then so maybe the balcony wont be so much more than an oceanview. It will be our 20 year annivarsary so I might slurge anyways. Any suggestions on which side of the ship to be on for the itinerary without Aruba?

I always book our cabins on the Starboard side of the ship. This works for almost all the ports with the exception of St.Thomas - I have been on the AOS when it was "backed" into port and then we did not have a view of the Island. Other than that, we had great views in each of the ports :)

Thanks for posting this thread. We are in the process of deciding on our next cruise and AOS is one we are looking at but have been a little nervous. Question for those that know the ship, is this one of the voyager class ships that does not let you open balcnies between cabins?

Thanks for posting this thread. We are in the process of deciding on our next cruise and AOS is one we are looking at but have been a little nervous. Question for those that know the ship, is this one of the voyager class ships that does not let you open balcnies between cabins?

That is correct. You cannot open up the the balcony divideres on this ship.

Anyone who recently traveled on the AOS....

Do you remember whether USAir was taking luggage outside the terminal after the cruise. I have heard that they are not part of the $20 program but that they do pickup outside the terminal. Can anyone verify that?

Thanks,

Kathy

My information is almost a year old (we were on AOS last February), but we checked in, got our tickets and checked our bags at the cruise terminal with US Air. (The check in clerk wouldn't even accept a tip! Like no curbside check-in I have ever seen.)

Hi all, we are sailing on AOS in July 2008! Can't wait, we have deck 10, corner AFT balcony #1388 booked. I was wondering about this one. I heard the cabin and balcony are larger than the rest. :rolleyes: If a gty. suite would become available would you switch?? :confused: This will be our first AFT and second balcony to date.

Thanks! We're getting married on Eagle Beach and the dress I'm wearing is down below and I'll probably be bare foot for the most part but I do have some nice white satin beaded flip flops just in case. After the ceremony on Eagle beach and cake and champagne we're all getting on the Rhumba, a 70ft catamaran for a two hour sunset sail reception w/an open bar and hor duerves. Yay! Then the catamaran brings us right back to the AOS and then we're off to dinner (or to another bar, lol).

2721686620101255383S200x200Q85.jpg

Beautiful dress Laura!!! Congartulations and the best of luck to you both!! Do post the pictures of your wedding, would love to see them. We are going on AOS in July for a family reunion with some first time cruisers and some family that have cruised before. Can't wait. Congrats again and happy sailing!!!

I think this thread is long overdue.

Each week I see at least 2-3 posts regarding the Adventure of the Seas, people who have booked and are now afraid they made a mistake - and people who have yet to book, that may not ever book because of what they read on here.

As many of you know, I have cruised on the AOS 3 times and have had wonderful cruise vacations on all 3. I am sailing again next month on my 2nd B2B on the AOS and I am eagerly anticipating another fantastic cruise! :)

Here are a few commonly asked questions about the AOS:

Q: Does the AOS have a large amount of Puerto Ricans sailing on her for most cruises?

A: Yes, there are Puerto Rican's on cruises out of San Juan. It is their home port and I would be very surprised if they weren't.

Q: Are the announcements in Spanish as well as English?

A: Yes they are. Is it an issue? No.

Q: Are Puerto Ricans rude and rowdy?

A: No more rude and rowdy than other passengers I have seen on other ships and other itineraries. Puerto Ricans are a lively bunch :)

Q: Is the AOS a sick ship, or more prone to Noro than other ships?

A: No. The AOS has as much chance of a noro outbreak as any other ship in the RCI fleet.

Q: I have booked the AOS and after reading negative reviews, I want to cancel - what should I do?

A: You can cancel you cruise if you want, but you will be missing out on a fantastic cruise on a great ship sailing on a wonderful itinerary!

I do understand that some people have had negative experiences on the AOS - but the same can be said for any other ship. There will always be people cutting in line, pushing elevator buttons, chair hogging and the list goes on......unfortunately, some people like to leave their manners at home :(

My experiences have been terrific on the AOS and I would encourage anyone to sail on her and see for themselves what a great ship she is!!

Yes....I am an AOS cheerleader, and proud of it!!!

While I agree with your feelings, I disagree that this thread is long overdue. The pros and cons of the AOS are discussed ad nauseum.:(

Thank for starting this thread. I'm sailing on AOS on Feb. 17. And after hearing so many negative reviews and this is so good to hear. Now I can't wait for my cruise!!!!!!!!:)

You should be eagerly anticipating what I know will be an outstanding cruise!

I know it is easy to be influenced by what you read - but you really need to just go and experience the AOS for yourself. I have no doubt that you will want to sail her again and again!

You are onboard the week before me - keep her in good shape, ok? ;)

Happy Sailing!

Hi Debde - I didn't signed up for the M&M as DH just want to enjoy anniversary rather than signing up for M&M. Anyway, have a good time.:)

I will find you and wish you a Happy Anniversary!!! :D Seems everyone thinks us folks form NJ and NY have this accent and we can pick each other out in a crowd!!! LOL ;)

I will find you and wish you a Happy Anniversary!!! :D Seems everyone thinks us folks form NJ and NY have this accent and we can pick each other out in a crowd!!! LOL ;)

Could you pick a Canadian out of the crowd??? EH???? :p

LOL Robyn!!! Actually not!

Funny-it seems whenever I go on vacation-they tell me-Oh you're from New Yaaaaawk!! Last year while in vacation in Cancun, a lady sitting at the bar said I think there's another fellow NY'er over there. He cracked me up when he screamed-nope-I'm a Jersey boy. Lady looked at me and said-the same right!! :rolleyes:

LOL Robyn!!! Actually not!

Funny-it seems whenever I go on vacation-they tell me-Oh you're from New Yaaaaawk!! Last year while in vacation in Cancun, a lady sitting at the bar said I think there's another fellow NY'er over there. He cracked me up when he screamed-nope-I'm a Jersey boy. Lady looked at me and said-the same right!! :rolleyes:

I could actually pick a New Yorker out of a crowd.....not that it is a bad thing!!!! In fact, I love NY accents....reminds me of Seinfeld and The Sopranos ;)

Laura, What a beautiful dress for a beach wedding!! Please tell me who makes your dress or where you bought it/ordered it from. My DD would love it. Thanks!

Thank you! It's so much more beautiful in person with extremely detailed beadwork and it's really nice fabric - definitley of good quality. The seamstress that I took it to couldn't believe how nice the beadwork was and that it was only $350. I have seen it for $550 and $800 at different bridal shops - thank goodness I had time to shop around! I ordered it at Taj Botique in New London, CT because they had the best price and they can special order pretty much anything. It is made by Alfred Angelo - just go to his website and look under the destiny collection and you'll see quite a few destination wedding dresses.

Laura

Hi to all AOS cruisers. I sailed on AOS last year and it was the best cruise I have ever been on. I have sailed Celebrity and Princess and on other RCI ships which I enjoyed, but I think the Voyager class is tough to beat. I thought AOS was such a beautiful ship and had no issues with any aspect of the ship. I would sail again tomorrow. As for airfare to Puerto Rico Jet Blue had some great fares you might want to check in to. Also try Kayak.com for comparing airfares. Happy Sailing to all. Pghcruisers

CKRobyn--thanks for sharing your pictures. We will be on the same itinerary in April and can hardly wait. If you don't mind, can you tell me how long a taxi ride it would be to get to Mullet Bay and Palm Beach? They look perfect for our three year old.

You are most welcome :)

If you have any questions about the AOS - feel free to ask. There are many of us on CC with lots of good information!

Thanks. I have been reading thsi thread and a couple other ones. As for the AOS, it looks like it's a lot like the Navigator which we were on in '06.

We were on the Destiny out of San Juan last year and loved the ports. We are very excited about doing both routes this year on what we think is a better ship.

I could actually pick a New Yorker out of a crowd.....not that it is a bad thing!!!! In fact, I love NY accents....reminds me of Seinfeld and The Sopranos ;)

Robyn-hopefully-one day-we happen to be on the same cruise together and I will give you a big warm NY welcome-Bada Bing!!! :D

CKRobyn--thanks for sharing your pictures. We will be on the same itinerary in April and can hardly wait. If you don't mind, can you tell me how long a taxi ride it would be to get to Mullet Bay and Palm Beach? They look perfect for our three year old.

mchin - If you take a cab to Mullet Bay, you can count on it taking about 20-25 minutes depending on traffic, and whether the bridge leading over there is up or down! If it is up, it can sometimes take another 15-20 minutes depending on what needs to pass through :rolleyes:

The taxi ride to Palm Beach was about 10-15mins - just make sure you arrange with the driver to pick you up again! We didn't do this last year and waited a LONG time for a taxi to pass by....we were getting a bit worried!

Thanks. I have been reading thsi thread and a couple other ones. As for the AOS, it looks like it's a lot like the Navigator which we were on in '06.

We were on the Destiny out of San Juan last year and loved the ports. We are very excited about doing both routes this year on what we think is a better ship.

The AOS is part of the Voyager class of ships - which are Voyager, Navigator, Mariner, and Explorer. There may be minor variances on each ship but for the most part they are exactly the same :) If you liked the Navigator - you will like the Adventure! :D

Archived