Weighing your carry-on - PG cruise

We are packing for our Jan. 16 PG trip and we're having a tough time keeping our carryons to 22 lbs. Someone tell me it won't be an issue or tell me to remove that extra pound of Estee Lauder creams. When do they weigh the carry on, at check in or if you look like your back will go out as you walk on the plane or not at all? We fly southwest first then Tahiti Nui to Tahiti.

First, remember that you cannot carry any liquids or creams that are 3.5 ounces or more each and they must be in a separate ziploc bag. That alone may solve your problem.

Second, generally airlines do not weigh carry-ons provided they are of the correct size (like standard small rolling luggage). I have never had mine weighed and have never heard of anyone having their's weighed. Anyone had a different experience?

They didn't weigh our carry ons on ATN (both well over 22 lbs), but as Iamboatman said, remember that you can not carry the large bottles of liquids/gels/creams in your carry-on on any airline. You will have to pack those in your checked luggage.

Thanks, I won't overstress about the weight. We have the carryon bags right at the limit with all our electronics and my numerous 3 oz containers.
all those have to fit into one small (sandwich size) ziplock bag...well one for each passenger

Air Tahiti may weigh your carry on and charge for extra weight. They also weigh the checked bags and definitely charge for overweight bags. I guess they look at the carry ons and if they look light they let them go.

The checked bag limit I think is 22Kilos. per person.

Archived